Search results

1. H

Heavy steering on acceleration

Hey, I have noticed after i put on my new RE070s on that when i accelerate hard the steering becomes incredibly heavy and twitchy. My new tyre's profiles are 225, slightly bigger than normal however the rest of the measurements are identical and they are on OEM rims. I have Eibach coilovers...
  2. H

Torque setting for cam shaft bolts

As the topic title says, one of the long bolts that hold the rocker cover in place has snapped, it seemed as if maybe it was cross threaded or something so it sheered off when i un done it. I have got a replacement however i was wondering if anyone knew the torque setting for this? Cheers.
  3. H

Any detailers near Kingston/SW london?

Hey, I'm after a very detailed engine bay clean, i went over it with gunk and some wd but it still doesn't look amazing. The Gruppe M is looking a tad dul as are the hoses and i dont have the time to get the dirt out of the hard to reach areas! So as the topic title states is there any decent...
  4. H

Spoon n1 over stock

Hey, Does anyone know the difference between stock exhaust and spoon n1 backbox and b pipe cause ive been told by my mate that there virtually the same and they are interchangeable with each other.. which brings me to my point, whats the point of spending alot money on something that isn't...
  5. H

RE070s with eibach coils rubbing quite abit

Hey, I have recently got a set of RE070s which are fantastic tyres but ive noticed quite alot of rubbing is happening. I have Eibach coil-overs and they car sits fairly low so im assuming this is what is causing this. Is it a simple case of taking it to say TGM which are nearby and getting...
  6. H

Gruppe M "seal" replacement

Hiya, Ive been looking around for a part as the seal which is located on the mouth of my Gruppe M (part which faces the scoop) has started to peel off. I was sent this link and was curious as to whether anybody thinks its the right part, it looks it if im honest but if anyone can confirm it...
  7. H

Greddy TI-C exhaust question

Hey, Im currently after the Greddy TI-C and i have found one here http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/Greddy_TI_C/Greddy_TI-C_Exhaust_System_Integra_DC5 however i have come to notice that there are three sizes, 60mm, 70mm, 80mm. Has anyone had any experience with this exhaust and could tell...
  8. H

RE070

Seeing as AD08s have become extinct i wanna order 4 RE070's today however after reading and doing abit of research i cannot find them for 215/45/17 which is what i have at the moment on stock wheels, i read they only come in 225, so im assuming that is an issue or am i just being abit thick, i...
  9. H

Engine bay dress up ideas?

Hey, im looking to really give my engine bay an overhaul. I have been searching through the gallery and seen some really nice styles but im trying to do something different. I was curious as to any ideas/inputs you guys may have that might be inspiring :)
  10. H

Track day driving techniques

Hi all, Iv spent alot of time on the itr forum asking countless questions about everything i could think of but i thought to myself i havn't really said much myself. So as i don't have my dc5 yet but i have been on track a few times i would share some info i found from a really good website...
  11. H

Cobra alarm + immobiliser

Hi, im now on that long wait for my dc5 to be found n shipped into the country and i was informed that i would be getting a cobra alarm (cat 1) installed. A strange question this, however important to me. Does anyone know if the alarm has a "blip blip" noise on locking/unlocking because the...
  12. H

Toda mani/catback

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the toda catback. Once my dc5 arrives im going to be wanting a catback system that is track friendly and i know the toda is rather quiet. However to obtain a lower db reading, does anyone know wether it is quite restrictive, perhaps...
  13. H

Immobiliser and alarm on a dc5?

Just a quick question, does a preface 01 DC5-r have an immobiliser or any standard alarm or does it need to be fitted if so how hard/expensive are these? Thanks.
  14. H

The "best" aftermarket company for the dc5!

Just a quick one - as i have heard lots of different company names being thrown back and forth i became curious - i know there isn't going to be a majority agreement but it would be interesting to see what individual people think the best aftermarket supplier is in regards to performance their...
  15. H

Im new ;)

Heya, Once im back from my holiday in may i will be buying a DC5 as an upgrade from my civic sport which has served me well as an introduction to track driving! Im currently in the process of looking around for decent examples/importers so i thought id say an early hi ;) Cheers, Nige!