Search results

1. L

Downshifting.. what areyour thoughts?

So I was just reading thread on an American forum and they were going on about how downshifting hurts the clutch? I'm not too sure if it has a major impact on the clutch if your matching the revs (obviously not downshifting when your already at high revs), but nevertheless I don't see how I...
  2. L

Topping up oil?

So I've run out my Fuchs oil for the teg and wanted to top up the oil a bit. Went on the opie oil site and they only do 5l bottles. Was wondering what you guys think on just using a different oil (5w-40), something like castrol? Just convenient to get a small bottle from halfords down the road...
  3. L

Which induction hose are you guys using with your RBC?

Just a quick question, which induction hose are you guys using with your RBC inlets? I have a RBC with 70mm TB and a topfuel induction kit. Currently I am using a Tegiwa hose, but the fitting is poor (the hose bends, and therefore there is a lack of air getting to the engine). Thanks in...
  4. L

What is your favourite DC5 front lip?

Was thinking of changing the front lip to something a little different. What are you favourite ones? With images would be even better :)
  5. L

Sell or not to sell?

As I've been modding my car, stock parts are adding up in the shed. I first thought that I should keep them and when I come to sell my car I should change it back to stock (which won't be any time within the next 2 years or so). However now I am rethinking this strategy. Maybe I could just but...
  6. L

Engine/Inlet Manifold cover?

Could someone confirm with me that once you install an RBC inlet manifold and 70mm throttle body it is not possible to screw back the oem engine cover (silver cover). Throttle body comes in the way along with the ground wire -____- Also, what would be thee best way to place the bonnet...
  7. L

HELP - Can't figure out where the last throttle body wire goes?

So I managed to change my manifold to a RBC with a 70mm throttle body. Finished everything, well I thought I had until I realised I had a wire which came off from the oem tb but I can not find where it goes on the 70mm tb. Retard much! I know. I have managed to plug back 3 wires which came off...
  8. L

Top fuel induction? Your views on it?

When I bought my car it came with the top fuel induction kit. I personally had never heard of the brand before which makes me sceptical about whether or not it gives any gains. What are your opinions on this induction kit? I am considering changing to either a tegiwa m or the injen induction...
  9. L

Taking off the O2 sensor wires?

So i got under the car to take off the exhaust manifold (putting on a dc race header), and everything is fine BESIDES taking off the o2 sensor wire. I wanted to initially unplug the clip and take the manifold out and THEN unscrew the o2 sensor; but I have been having trouble taking the secondary...
  10. L

Do I need an o2 stimulator when fitting the DC header without K-pro?

So I have a DC header ready to go on the car but no k-pro YET. Do I need to get an o2 simulator to fit in with the secondary o2 sensor because I've heard the CEL comes on if you have no k-pro. What effect will this have on my car, if any? OR the other option is to just wait till I find a k-pro...
  11. L

Lower tie bar?

Has anyone got a lower tie bar on their dc5? Does it make a difference? I feel as if its just for looks. Any thumbs up for purchasing one of these?
  12. L

DME or BuddyClub Rear camber kit

As you guys probably have already guessed, I'm looking to invest in some rear camer arms. My question is, has anyone used the DME kit? Any good? Or would you guys recommend going for the BuddyClub kit which costs the odd £40 more..?
  13. L

Getting rid of screw hole in the middle of the front bumper?

So I've decided that I want to move the number plate to the left side of the front bumper, but I'm left with a hole in the centre of the bumper from the original number plate kit. Any ideas on how I can fill it? Hoping some of you guys have used various methods that may help me D.I.Y :) Thanks...
  14. L

Help fitting tow strap anyone?

I ordered a TRS Tow Strap from eBay and upon receiving it I can not figure out where to fit it :o How have most of you guys fitted them?
  15. L

which paint should I use to paint my oem strut brace?

I want to colour co-ordinate my engine bay. Should I use a special type of heat resistant spray paint to paint the strut brace or will any spray paint do? Also, im trying to look for some nice red reservoir socks but cant seem to find any. Anyone know where I can get them? Mugen only tend to...
  16. L

Spray alloys?

Where can I get the spray paint for the CW dc5 alloys? Planning on just going over the rim of the alloy mainly. Don't really need a full refurb but a touch up would be nice. If you guys have any other methods, do share :)
  17. L

Anyone used engine flush when changing engine oil?

As the title asks, has anyone used engine flush when changing engine oil in the DC5? Does it make any difference? I've heard mixed views on it so just wondering what you guys think of it.
  18. L

What size is the thread for the wheel nuts?

I'm just looking into ordering some red wheel nuts an there's two different sizes. 12x1.25 and 12x1.5. Which one is the correct one for our car? Thanks in advance
  19. L

When is the best time to check engine oil?

So some say 1st thing in the morning, some say when the car is cold start it and let it idle and then check. When do you guys check your engine oil?
  20. L

First long distant trip since the ownership of a DC5

So Sunday night I travelled to Manchester in the teg (regardless of the clutch making a whistling sound, most probably the release bearing). I put that issue behind me and thought sod it! I'm taking the teg! And I'm glad I did. The most amazing driving experience I've ever had! Just wow...