Search results

1. Bonito

My experience with Eight Speed.

So literally for months, I have held back posting this in the public domain as it's only right a buyer should give a seller enough time to resolve issues encountered during a bad sales transaction. Right? A lot of people may say I've been too soft with this issue and perhaps I have. How or...
  2. Bonito

Weird droning noise - 60kmh+

OK, so at first I thought it was my rear wheel needed to be balanced but the noise is still there. It starts at 60kmh and then gets louder as I increase speed but the noise itself doesnt get faster, which by my guess it means the noise is not caused by something rotating? The car is driving...
  3. Bonito

Running mineral oil after refresh?

With numerous engine rebuild threads I've read through, I've always seen recommendations of running mineral oil for the engines first 500 miles and then change it out. I'm going to be stripping and de-carboning my engine and changing the piston rings. Should I just go with my normal oil and...
  4. Bonito

Brake setup solely for track. Recommendations.

I'm doing time attack next year so maybe I don't need to go as aggressive as I think as the interior will be removed so less weight travelling forward when I stand on the brakes but I'm looking for suggestions. Preferably I'd like to stick with my OEM Brembo callipers. Carbon setups are not...
  5. Bonito

Measurement needed - Rear tie bar

Ok if anyone can help out ASAP I'd be very grateful. I need the distance measure between both LCA bushing bolts and the width of the subframe as I'm getting a bracket made up and need measurements today for the machine shop to cut and drill it and I won't be near the car in time. I know the bolt...
  6. Bonito

Tyres just for a trackday.

So I've a trackday at the end of the month and I wont get my sump baffle in time so I'm not going to run my slicks. Any suggestions for a tyre for the day? I'm just going to look for part worns. My RE070's weren't the best on their last legs on my last track day. A048's? 888's? AD07's? Any...
  7. Bonito

KTune. NepTune for K-Series.

So anyone with NepTune/Demon experience will know it's a very nice piece of kit with ease of use and reliability. Unfortunately we most likely wont see it over here for another couple of months due to no UK dealers signed up yet (so I've been told). However there are 2 or 3 who are interested...
  8. Bonito

Buddyclub ProSpec with Buddyclub Header & decat?

So, how loud is this going to be does anybody know? Reading through Dave C's turbo thread he mentions in it he had a similar setup but I think with a different race header and his was ASBO noise level. :xtsk: Not too worried about the law side of things, moreso on track. The track I do...
  9. Bonito

Enkei RPFA1's or Revolution Milleniums.

Came across a set of each going for good money. They'll be refurbed in black. Anyone running either of these wheels? My OEM ones run fine with no scrubbing etc even at high speed and it's lowered about 30 - 40mm. Both wheels in 17". Anyone good with photoshop do them on a PFL CW? Can't...
  10. Bonito

OEM with Hondata mod.

Anyone running this mod on their air box? What filter you using?
  11. Bonito

Radio blown

Had to jump the car off a set of leads due to dead battery from sitting up. Guessing I blew the fuse to the radio doing it. Before I go looking anyone know where the radio fuse is and what fuse is it?
  12. Bonito

Wheels turning while in gear and engine off?

Anyone have this problem? Was taking the wheels off and the wheel just kept turning when trying to remove the nuts. Pretty sure LSD isn't the issue as wheels are turning when engine is on and left in neutral. Box or drive issue? It's still driving fine.
  13. Bonito

Rear Brembo upgrade?

Saw a set of Brembo 2 pots from an Evo and asked myself why didn't Honda put front & rear Brembo's on the DC5. Even just for excrements and giggles, I want front & rear matching brembos! My question is, what Brembo's will fit the rear? Don't mind doing a bit of fabrication to get them...
  14. Bonito

Buddyclub race spec damper wont adjust

Right so this is them. They're inverted and the damper and adjuster is on the bottom as opposed to under the bonnet on the top mount. A problem because it's exposed to dirt and grime etc from the road. Mine have seized up apart from one side which i can wiggle a little bit. I left a lump of...
  15. Bonito

Your finest reflection shot.

Post it up. Any panel. Any colour. Tell us what product you used to get it. Lets go! My 03 CW Bonnet. Just used AutoGlym shampoo, dried with Demon shine and a microfibre towel and used some Meguiars Quick wax.
  16. Bonito

Self painting.

Got a nasty scratch on my wing mirror. Anywho, I'd been planning on putting my own touches to the car, so may aswell start now. Figured the mirrors are small so why not do them myself. How to strip them down to bare? Prep them? Primer? Base? Lots of lacquer? What colour? Wheels will be...
  17. Bonito

1.)Brake stopper and 2.) Bias valve

1.) Are these worth the upgrade? 2.) Anyone running a brake setup with the bias valve removed or with a variable valve installed? I've always felt the front could use with digging in a bit more than it does.
  18. Bonito

EP3 & DC5

Do they use the same Brembo's? As in same fitment/part numbers for pads & discs?
  19. Bonito

BuddyClub N+

Can't seem to find a manual on these. There's 15 or 16 (can't remember) damping settings on these. Ride height is both even but on my NCT it failed as the left side isn't set as hard as the right and there's an indifference of 2cm between them. Inverted shocks so the nipple for adjusting the...
  20. Bonito

Replacing Stock Header and Cat.

Have to take out the buddyclub header and decat. I know it's all slip jointed rather than bolted but anyone advise on what to expect when I get under her to swap the parts back over? Was on the car when I got it. I also have to replace the Stock ECU. Am I right in saying it's best to...