Search results

1. Snowdrift

Will I regret buying a 2001,Scooby Forester STI?

Theirs is a new shape forester XT, a 2001 STI is a completely different animal. night and day difference. although MCM vids are always worth a watch :)
  2. Snowdrift

Will I regret buying a 2001,Scooby Forester STI?

Forester STI's are great cars. Its an impreza with more practicality. Not seen over here very often so they turn plenty of heads. I've considered one more than once.
  3. Snowdrift

Carbon bits [pic and info thread]

also need that slam panel, been after one but assumed there were none after searching. anyone know if its an aftermarket piece or just a skinned OEM panel?
  4. Snowdrift

Interior color question

I meant the rest of the interior details are a nickel finish. The stick on trim that goes over the gear surround only comes in bright silver which doesn't match any of the trim.
  5. Snowdrift

Interior color question

as above. they are just stuck on with double sided tape as I found out When I removed my gear surround. no idea why that part is a bright silver when the rest has a nickel finish.
  6. Snowdrift

Do i change my wheels?

Cr Kai's are a good looking wheels, but you also can't really go wrong with OEM wheels. Might be looking for a set of Kai's if you decide to sell them anytime soon, so feel free to message me if/when you sell.
  7. Snowdrift

Jrsc issues?

thats what i was told by the lad from TDI North at Japfest 2, apparently they are only supported by one bracket and it puts stress on the inlet manifold which cracks, if i remember right,
  8. Snowdrift

New tyres

While they may be rated higher in the above areas (i can't confirm because ive never compared the ratings) those are all secondary to dry grip when i choose a tyre personally. Its purely my opinion but i found the f1's lacking in dry grip compared to the ad08r's and re70's. The F1's are a good...
  9. Snowdrift

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Fitted Eibach springs so it no longer sits like it's on stilts. Mugen carbon gear knob arrived so that went on too. Also finally got around to fixing the only thing on the car that didn't work, the interior light. Just needed a new bulb so put an LED one in. While i was at it i changed the...
  10. Snowdrift

New tyres

I love the new ad08r's. So much feedback, sidewalls are nice and stiff and really surprised how well they perform in the wet, although they are absolutely useless at getting off wet grass as i found out at JAE :p. I got mine from black circles because i could get them next day and was in a...
  11. Snowdrift

2003 03 Milano red thinking of selling :-(

Don't worry, decided to keep it for now. Nothing like spending some money on it to make you love it again :p
  12. Snowdrift

Decided i wasn't selling it.....yet. Oh and bought some eibach springs and a set or the new yoko ad08r's to try ready for JAE.
  13. Snowdrift

2003 03 Milano red thinking of selling :-(

must be the time to sell low mileage mIlano reds, thinking been thinking of putting mine up for a while now, just can't bring myself to do it :P i'll be watching this closely to get an idea :P GLWS
  14. Snowdrift

Sorry bud, was kind of a last minute thing, Tom just messaged me on the morning. It's been a fun car and i know i'll miss it but I have an itch for some old school big power that needs scratching. No doubt JAE won't help matters either :p
  15. Snowdrift

Took it for a good thrashing up Hartside Pass on saturday with some mates. The teg really cones into it's own on those kind of roads. It was almost enough to make me want to keep the car...almost. but alas it's still going up for sale after JAE.
  16. Snowdrift

Where can I get this trim?

say this on my daily ebay scan and remembered reading this thread yesterday. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-2006-DC5-JDM-HONDA-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-ACURA-RSX-INTERIOR-DASH-COVER-TRIM-/290954951206?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43be443a26 hope it helps.
  17. Snowdrift

Any non-serious/expensive ways to increase BHP?

I'd agree that the cheapest way for more power is to sell and buy something else. I bought mine with plans to boost it but after having a good think about it, I'm probably going to sell it and look for something else. Shame as i do still like the car. I've heard bolt on's and a map do chamge...
  18. Snowdrift

Missing DC5?

I'm the opposite at the moment, only had my dc5 for a couple of months but already fancy a change, i do this a lot :p. Went through 22 cars in the last 11 years and the longest i've owned anything was 9 month. Think I just miss boost and rear wheel drive, bought the teg to be a "sensible"...
  19. Snowdrift

New wheel help

Great wheels, been debating some of these for mine in gold
  20. Snowdrift

sad times...

that's a bastard mate, sorry to hear it. depending on how much the insurance company let you buy it back for, it may be worth breaking the car if its not going to be economical to repair. shouldn't affect the cost to insure it but some companies have been known to try it on. they will value it...