Search results

1. D

New OEM damper recommendations? Is EP3 fitment suitable

How many miles have yours done? Whats the reason for replacing? I may be interested but would probably need them posted and without springs.
  2. D

Did yours have any play in the actual damper? or just thge undesirable handling? I havent replaced top mounts on it so that may be one thing to refresh. At full droop i believe i actually have some play in the damper tube though that can be felt. If you hold your fingers at the base of the tube...
  3. D

Unfortunately at the moment £400 is out of budget for me really. Although I don't want to put any cheaper ep3 ones on if the specs aren't a match. That leaves me with used OEM's but they're all similar mileage to my worn ones...
  4. D

shock refurb.

Hi jimmer, What was the reason you replaced your OE items? I'm guessing there was some wear in them and vaguely remember you saying you had some handling issues. Was there a clear improvement? I have play and poor handling ATM and am looking towards an OE replacement
  5. D

Hi guys, I seem to have a little bit of play in my front dampers, clearly visible when jacked up and on full droop, and the car currently has some undesirable handling characteristics like pulling around under acceleration and an eagerness to go anywhere but where I point it. Has anyone else...
  6. D

My new Teg, couple of issues....

My teg had a vibration on the brakes when braking from high speed, turned out the pads had cracks in them and a new set of pads and discs cured it.
  7. D

Newbie from Stoke

Quite local to me then, I'm from clayton. I've had the car since around feb/march but I work out Telford way so that's probably why you haven't seen me about in it. I saw the red one you're probably talking about on the A500 down at junction 15 last week actually! Was pretty filthy but the...
  8. D

HELP! Ridiculous Insurance Renewal on dc5!

I'm 23 and Admiral insure me on the DC5 for somewhere around the £800 iirc, but I'm on a 5 car multi-car policy which helps massively, and it's all area dependent too of course.
  9. D

Newbie from Stoke

Welcome to the forum mate, I'm from stoke myself so you may see me around in mine! Where exactly are you based? Some nice cars there too, always really wanted a trophy myself but felt the Interior let them down a bit. I'm considering a twingo 133 as a daily too but that's a similar case inside...
  10. D

New, former DC2 owner on Staffordshire/Cheshire border

I'm in Staffordshire myself and I know of a few others too so there should be a couple of owners local to you, but they're a rare sight on the road still
  11. D

Misfire on start up, since oil change

Cheers for the suggestion, although the misfire is in on average between 2 and 5 seconds so it might be a bit difficult in that respect. I started it three times today with no misfire and thought it might have cleared, but then the last two times it has misfired slightly at start up again :( I...
  12. D

Thanks beppe, it could be and work a check, but when it's at its worst I'd say it's more than just one faulty injector. Sometimes it's as though it's one, but then other times it would have to be two faulty as it quite bad on start up. No engine management lights on either so I can't scan...
  13. D

Hi guys looking for some help regarding a newly developed misfire on my dc5. -Since an oil change last week my teg has ran with a misfire for a split second on start up, before returning completely to normal, - yesterday on a cold start it ran on three cylinders for around a minute, before...
  14. D

Post up your mileage of your DC5

Got mine around feb sitting on 65k, im now up to 74k...rising a bit fast. Think I need a second car!
  15. D

Championship White dc5 cleaning help

As above really, I've used nattys paste wax on mine recently and it's the best it's ever been
  16. D

facelift looks.

Let's not compare type-r to s-line....
  17. D

Admiral multicar insurance any good?

Our cars are quite varied neil and the price on each is very competitive, but maybe running five cars make us an exception to that. Focus rs, dc5, abarth punto evo, mondeo titanium sport estate, grande punto sporting
  18. D

Admiral multicar insurance any good?

Yeah my whole family is on one multi car policy, insuring 5 cars, despite us being at three different addresses. Always good value, the more cars the better. I.e when we added the fifth car for my mum a few weeks back it bought all four previous policies down and it only ended up costing an...
  19. D

MOT failure on emissions

After a 10 mile drive on a warm morning to the MOT station, mine failed on emissions, it was well over. The tester left the car running throughout the test saying it would need heating up still, passed no trouble at the end of the test. Get it hot and take it in again? Or drop in to any MOT...