DC5 Recall Annoucement

iDrew

Advanced Member
kingston said:
I need to get mine done too... mostly for the reason that i can wear my sunnies without the need of wearing contacts underneath 8)
I did the less painful option, I got Oakley to make me a pair of Prescription sunglasses :D

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
:xsot: I don't want to sound anal here guys - lets try and keep this one on form. Its an important info sticky after all.

dan the man

Advanced Member
just re read this as getting a DC5 real soon and remember when looking at the car both nuts had yellow paint marks on them, but first picture in this thread hasnt..wonderin if it shows its been done and marked..lets hope so. Late 2001 DC5 milano!

DTM :wink:

T666YPR

Dan,it's the tabbed washer that will show it's ok.

It's easy to see under the bonnet,just behind the engine against the bulkhead. :)

dan the man

Advanced Member
Yup! The guy with my DC5 rang me today, he said the chassis falls in between the numbers quoted. I know about the tab now but all i can remember is the yellow paint etc.. will check properly when i get the car anyway. 25K on it so think it will be okay.....
(saying that first time its insured im going the ring on very same day so a pounding on the carussell will show up any cracks in the armour!)

DTM :)

R

ryu_dc5

I 've just checked mine!... :shock: The washer is in place behind the left nut & the sticker on the bottom left of the rear window is also in place with the number 1009 on it!.. :xnworthy:

dobber

Advanced Member
ryu_dc5 said:
I 've just checked mine!... :shock: The washer is in place behind the left nut & the sticker on the bottom left of the rear window is also in place with the number 1009 on it!.. :xnworthy:
Hehe, relief

Chris_M

Advanced Member
My DC5 lies within the affected range....don't know if it has been repaired in Japan but probably won't find out for sure until it lands in the UK. :(

dan the man

Advanced Member
chris, mine was in the range....any car still in japan has a better chance of bring done surely..mine has with looks of it.

id forgotten all about this, mad how new owners keep reviving it..but i was scared yes!

dan :D

jamaicakevkev

well I need a power steering rack

my vin dc51000206 clearly puts me in the range and on top of that my girl crashed it in december and hit a curb bursting both tyres on the right side and damaging the steering rack ... the problem for me is that I live in Kingston Jamaica do you guys know of a supplier either in the uk or japan that i can source a new steering rack from.

do not want to wait 3 months to get this part

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Saw this thread when first looking for DC5 but basically was convinced mine would be fine as i was looking at a 2001/2002 model and would have been in Japan for the recall and then some.

However ive taken some pics as im not sure exactly what to look for as some of the older pics in this thread have gone. Mine doesnt appear to have brackets over the bolts that i hear some people mention??

Here is a pic of mine - is it sorted :?

dan the man

Advanced Member
trying to think what mines like actually...

afaik no one in uk has had to do anything about it ...??