Dyno Charts!!

b12oon

Advanced Member
thats what it was putting out b4 the typhoon went on and after that it is

201 bhp at the fly wheel and 170bhp at wheels. as far as i know its got a

5zigen exhaust and its got a deep dent in the pipe just after the cat that

im sure will be restricting me,will be getting it sorted asap!! that is it so

far. so as it stands its got 201 bhb. 17 bhp from a typhoon though??

got to be a record. hows your car going corbie? good fun at tde?

pitstop

heres my dyno chart the car was mapped before it got it but i would like to get more power, at the moment i only have a K&N filter on her

the picture came out allittle big sorry guys

mikegsi

Staff member
on our petrol a figure of around 210bhp stock is 'expectedd' however every engine is different, seeeing as they are all hand made, there are plenty of other factors to consider too

gaz3434

Advanced Member
Stock DC5 Type R

Only just getting round to putting my rolling road printout up now! I've probably been putting it off because my DC5 is more or less stock, bar the Spoon drop-in filter, which I doubt does much for performance! I was pleased enough with the result considering it was on a fairly warm day (ambient temp was 20 degrees C). This dyno run was done using 97RON super unleaded and a bottle of Lucas octane booster, and the figures shown are at the flywheel.

Chuck Rusty

This is my daily driving chart, I cant find the 360bhp one, guess my tuner will have it though. Doesn't matter now as this is going to significantly increase!!

mikegsi

Staff member
JCW said:
here's mine power mods are amuse r1 titan and itg maxogen atm
172.7 whp
sort out your intake and get a k-pro done, you can stick another 30bhp on top of that figure straight away (as long as you have a 'good' engine)

JCW

Advanced Member
looking into a getting a mani with race cat soonish, looking at the afr it looks to be running quite rich atm so hopefuly i can get away with adding kpro at a later time ??

kingston

Advanced Member
i know all dynos are different etc etc

But isnt your well down on power or am i just not reading it right :?:

JCW

Advanced Member
that's at the wheels thought it was about right tbh, i have been know to be wrong though :D

kingston

Advanced Member
hmm i dunno, theres something just not right with the results, unless its me not understanding them, it looks as if your torque is well less than quoted stock (154 lb/ft).

I may be worng and hopefully someone with more knowledge will eb able to inform...

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Here's my first Dyno at Dastek after getting the JRSC.
Performance mods are - Mugen Airbox, Spoon 4-2 & 2-1, Fujitsubo RM01A & JRSC 6psi.

A nice straight linear power delivery, without even a hint of tailoff at the end!! All in all, very happy with the results. :D

JCW

Advanced Member
kingston said:
hmm i dunno, theres something just not right with the results, unless its me not understanding them, it looks as if your torque is well less than quoted stock (154 lb/ft).

I may be worng and hopefully someone with more knowledge will eb able to inform...
found my other printout which shows hp at the fly and torque :arrow:

gaz3434

Advanced Member
JCW said:
kingston said:

found my other printout which shows hp at the fly and torque :arrow:
As Kingston says, it does seem to be less than the stock figures for a DC5 Type R. Mine is totally standard bar a Spoon filter and made 218 bhp and 156 lb/ft at the flywheel on the rolling road.

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
its not all about the numbers, each RR'd is different so cant compare your results with another RR'd.

The graph looks like smooth power delivery which is good so looking at it that way it seems about right. Maybe rr'd giving some low figures that day? without another dc5 on same rollers same day you cant take bhp figure as gospel.

Wootty

Advanced Member
AndyBITR said:
Here's my first Dyno at Dastek after getting the JRSC.
Performance mods are - Mugen Airbox, Spoon 4-2 & 2-1, Fujitsubo RM01A & JRSC 6psi.

A nice straight linear power delivery, without even a hint of tailoff at the end!! All in all, very happy with the results. :D

Streuth thats high for just 6 psi..? Most on here with JRSC's are running that set up or similar and are in the mid 230's at the wheel.

That was 4th gear - I though 5th was closer to 1:1 ratio ?

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Alrighty Wooty,

The dastek dyno has been fairly consistent, N/A with Mugen airbox and Fujitsubo mine made 221BHP, and Corbie's figures on the same dyno are consistent too.

Yep, was pleasantly surprised. I have made MANY changes to my map since then though mainly for part throttle response/economy/driveability etc, but also slightly WOT at low RPM and altered the cam angles at the top end. It pulls cleanly from 1500RPM to redline. :D

The on road figures based on KPro datalogs with only myself in the car relate to :
0-60 ~ 4.45sec (some wheelspin in 1st)
0-100 ~ 10.5sec
Ambient ~ 7 C
IAT ~ 16 C
ECT ~ 86.5 C

Do you have any datalogs from yours as a comparision?

Cheers
Andy B

I will see if I can do a run on the dyno in 5th to see if there's a difference. I see a mixture of 4th and 5th gear dyno runs on this thread.

corbie

Advanced Member
Regarding which gear to run the car in on the Dastek Dyno it won't affect the flywheel value, due to it doing a coast down to calculate the transmission losses.

Here is an example of the Dastek CTR on the rollers doing a run in 3rd, 4th and 5th

Here is an interesting post by Gerry from Dastek on the MLR about transmission losses http://www.lancerregister.com/showthrea ... enumber=55

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Ah, so the gear that is used on the dyno isn't a problem if the coastdown method is used to actually measure the drivetrain losses, rather than making an estimate of percentage losses, as the percentage losses are different with each gear!! :-k
And on that understanding, my measured WHP in 5th gear would have been lower!! Still worth a try to see what the figures are. :idea:

corbie

Advanced Member
Yes that's exactly it, the coastdown is one of the better ways of calculating the flywheel. I have seen engines on an engine dyno, then put in a race car and run on a Dastek Dyno. It was within a few HP of the engine dyno.

Yeah we can try but doing runs in 5th is a great way to rack up the miles. :lol: