THE BEST BRAKE DISCS/PADS YOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR TEG ARE (imo)

Paul G

Members
NiTrO said:
How much costs the Mintex 1144 and where can I get it (shipping to Germany)
Sorry for slow reply :oops:

I can supply the Mintex 1144's, £134.49 + postage to Germany (not sure on cost of that) but a set is just under 2kg's.

Hope that's a help.

Paul.

Paul G

Members
mikegsi said:
rip-off merchant :wink: :D :lol: :lol:

Me :!: :lol:

The Pads i sell are not your average pad ...There bespoke pads, made under licence from Mintex, to fit the DC5.

Other Mintex pads will fit, but not as well as these one's :)

:idea: with discs there only £107. :lol:

Paul.

Paul G

Members
paul G said:
Works out at :

Discs 679.26
pads 107.60 (Mintex 1144's)
1 x Tube of CeraTec FOC

Carriage 22.56 (inc ins) .. UK, or + £5.00 for Ireland.

Total £809.42

I can take payment via D/card, Or C/card @ +2% If that's a help....

Thks

Paul.
Few people have asked me for price's again..

Can i confirm the above prices are still valid :)

Thks

Paul.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
man they gone up again?! better get on to it :D

do you need uprated brake pipe things? also whats the brake dust like from the mintex combos?

just to clarify, i am wanting to change the rear discs too as they look ugly, is there anything that goes with these, or just simply dixcel stuff? thanks :D

Paul G

Members
Yella Fella said:
man they gone up again?! better get on to it :D

do you need uprated brake pipe things? also whats the brake dust like from the mintex combos?

just to clarify, i am wanting to change the rear discs too as they look ugly, is there anything that goes with these, or just simply dixcel stuff? thanks :D
No you dont need to uprate the brake hose's, unless you wt to...

Dust - Best to ask others about that - I only use mine on track so can't give you an idear about how much they give off under norm road use..

Rear discs - If your's are just rusty & you wt a nice new set, i would give Dave at Steels Honda a call (OEM rear discs are good & cheap :wink: )

Paul.

mikegsi

Staff member
as paul says you dont need to uprate the hoses, but its a good time to do it as well as the fluid :wink:

and again the oem rear disc/pad setup is more than adequate

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
well ive had these pads fitted for a week and a bit now.. what can i say, there just amazing.. stopping power is far far better than standard, they look the shizz, and all round good buy! Recommend these as a first mod to anyone!

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I've had these on for over 3 weeks and I have to say they are fantastic. I had the Ferodo 2500's with standard discs before and have to say I was comfortable with them. I put them through 2 track days and they we still braking strong after a long day of razzing round.

These discs are in a completly different world. The initial bite you with them is brilliant. I can't wait to try them on the track I'm sure they'll be amazing.

Top quality discs and the pads were very easy to fit. Good service from Paul as well had em in a couple of days of paying.

Paul G

Members
paul G said:
paul G said:
Works out at :

Discs 679.26
pads 107.60 (Mintex 1144's)
1 x Tube of CeraTec FOC

Carriage 22.56 (inc ins) .. UK, or + £5.00 for Ireland.

Total £809.42

I can take payment via D/card, Or C/card @ +2% If that's a help....

Thks

Paul.
Few people have asked me for price's again..

Can i confirm the above prices are still valid :)

Thks

Paul.
Still keep geting asked the same question - To save me having to type this again & again :roll: :) The above price's are still correct.....

Gess they will go up again next year :(

Thks

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Well there now race tested as well !! :wink:

I used these brakes for my 1st ever race's on Sat & in the Honda class came 3rd & won a trophy (not qt as good as a F1 trophy :roll: :lol: ) But i was VERY pleased with the way the car went and stopped....

Esp since the car still weigh's in at 1144kg's (1219kg's with me in it) and is still the stock 217bhp...

j30l

Advanced Member
Ive got Project Mu SCR Pro 2-piece front brake disks and Project Mu Type NR pads front and rear. Had them on for about a month now. Did 4 laps of the ring in the wet. Never faded and stopped me perfectly even with the abs fuse unplugged. Once ive done some more trackdays in the dry i will be able to give you all better feedback. So far so good though.

In the past week i have noticed that they've started squeaking when no temperature is in them. But tbh ive found this with other good pads i.e. "carbotec" (even though carbotec squeak the majority of the time)

Paul G

Members
Sorry got called away.

Cont.......

Will post up some of the results under motor sport when i get a min.

Anyway the brakes got there hardest test todate - If you think your hard on the brakes when you do a track day you should try racing :shock: When your down on HP, you need to make up the time in the corners & under braking :wink:

My set up: frts - AP Racing discs with aluminium bells/Mintex F4R pads.
Rear's - OEM Honda discs with curved grooves/OEM type pads.
Fluid - Castrol SRF
Hose's - Goodridge braided (only frt's fitted, rear hose's are still OEM as i never botherd to fit the rear's).

This set up worked very well for me at Snett, in both race's: 4th place in race one & 3rd in race 2 :D (Honda Class) And the pad wear was very minimal...Will be racing again in Nov (Brands.H) and will give more feed back.

But for now i can say, this brake set up on the DC5 works very well : On road (with Mintex 1144 pads), On track days & even club racing :wink:

Paul.

jimmi27

Advanced Member
yet another more than satisfied customer!! :lol: i got the disks and pads put on the car without changing my lines or fluid and there is a huge difference is braking!!

The initial bite is great giving far more feel that the oem brakes, at low and high speeds the feel and response is great with minimal effort and no fade at all even after beating it around some of wales' finest B roads! :wink:

I can only give Paul a huge thanks for setting me up with these great parts!! great guy who got them to me asap and answered any questions that i had.

thanks again Paul, p.s forgot to mention how awesome the grooved disks look behind the wheels!

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Wish we had a Honda race series here in Ireland... Would be worth the investment in upgrading the discs etc then
But for a handful of trackdays a year the standard discs with DS2500's/Braided lines/Brembo fluid is perfect for both trackdays and fast road driving..

Paul G

Members
Dc5Dub07 said:
Wish we had a Honda race series here in Ireland... Would be worth the investment in upgrading the discs etc then
But for a handful of trackdays a year the standard discs with DS2500's/Braided lines/Brembo fluid is perfect for both trackdays and fast road driving..
But have you ever tryed/been in a Teg with the 2 piece set up fitted :wink:

One or two people i have spoken to have had the opportunity to drive a dc5 with the 2 piece AP set up & then another without, back to back & said there was a BIG diff between the two. I remember when Cris 1st had his fitted at TGM he told me the chap who took the car out said how good the brakes were & they drive DC5's every day :D

Don't get me wrong though, i'm in no way saying your set up is bad :)

Paul.

mikegsi

Staff member
even for road use and the odd trackday (which was how i used mine) they make a big difference, and the discs last ages! theres some doing the rounds that have seen over 10 trackdays and still got loads of life left! most discs would have melted by that stage!

just hurry up and custom sort some out for my ctr!!!! :wink: :D

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
even for road use and the odd trackday (which was how i used mine) they make a big difference, and the discs last ages! theres some doing the rounds that have seen over 10 trackdays and still got loads of life left! most discs would have melted by that stage!
Well sounds good if they last longer than the standard front discs... might help offset the initial outlay of €1000..