THE BEST BRAKE DISCS/PADS YOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR TEG ARE (imo)

Ricerocketdc5

Advanced Member
My brakes squeal sometimes without braking! I have standard pads and discs .There is plenty left on the pads. What is causing this?

deburr

Advanced Member
I have just fitted Paul's brakes and they are superb words can not describe how well they work. I only get bit of a squeak when its really cold like it has been the last week, when the brakes are up to working temp they don't make a sound. I also used the cera-tec grease.

Paul G

Members
deburr said:
I have just fitted Paul's brakes and they are superb words can not describe how well they work. I only get bit of a squeak when its really cold like it has been the last week, when the brakes are up to working temp they don't make a sound. I also used the cera-tec grease.
About time you got them fitted Kris!! :lol:

Glad you like them :D - just mind yr head on the windscreen :wink:

You'll soon get used to the extra stopping power (plus it's nearly that Track day time of yr again.....).

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Sold out again for now :D

But more due in aprox 2wks time...Can be reserved with a 20% deposit :wink:

Paul.

Paul G

Members
paul G said:
paul G said:
Good news only gone up 4% :D

Current 08' prices:

Discs £536.70
Pads £134.49 - Mintex 1144's (Less a 20% discount with discs)
Carriage £22.56 - This inc ins cover..

Thks

Paul.
Sorry, just to clarify - Yes they are total prices that already inc the VAT & the Mintex pads with the discount = £107.60.

Eg: 536.70 + 107.60 + 22.56 = £666.86 Total price...Not cheap, but you get what you pay for :)

I can also supply Mintex 1155 pads for the same price as the 1144's (people use 1155's on the road as well, BUT Mintex say there not for highway use)...

I now supply a 75ml tube of Cera Tec ..FOC

P & P to Ireland costs £27.56 Inc ins.

Some more sets due in about a week's time...One set already sold :D

Thks

Paul.

Allen

Advanced Member
Thinking of getting a set of these soon (soon being when i have enough money) Been reading some brake threads and some say you should change the rears to keep it balanced? :? Is this correct.
Cheers :D

Paul G

Members
Allen said:
Thinking of getting a set of these soon (soon being when i have enough money) Been reading some brake threads and some say you should change the rears to keep it balanced? :? Is this correct.
Cheers :D

No - The rear brakes on the DC5 are just right with the new frts, some people do put a slight upgade pad in the rear (but not much more than the OEM pads + 10% max).

Thks

Paul.

Paul G

Members
To save me sending lot's of PM's - can i apologize here for the delay of new stock, there has been a delay with production at AP :(

Thks

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Now have them in stock again.

But the bad news is..........The price has gone up AGAIN :( :( Long story & will post up about it - when i get a min!

Cost is now £578.10+vat a pair :shock:

Still cheaper than about 2K for a replacement disc & caliper set up, but not cheap :roll:

Paul.

Paul G

Members
MilanoChris said:
Bloody hell! :shock:

Still awesome for the price IMO. How much for just the disc minus bells?
The discs only if needed, work out at £178.80+vat each..

Thks

Paul.

macer

Advanced Member
Tested Paul G's breaks on the track

Mondello is a tight track with lots of nice corners to put any breaks to the test, I took it handy for the first session as the breaks were new and hardly used and they felt quite soft as they were not bedded in.
I waited for about 30min and went back out on the second session. I noticed a much better bite from the breaks so I hit them hard coming into a fast corner and I nearly slid of the seat, the bite was unreal, very quickly I learned I could break much later than I could on the old discs which was great as I could overtake just about any car in front of me as their breaking point was much earlier then mine. Also I was amazed just how much break pad was left at the end of the day, much more than I normally would. I’m getting little or no break squeal now.
Over all I’m hugely impressed, it feels like I have had the breaks completely upgraded and by the look of the discs and pads after the trackday they should last quite a while. Worth the extra cost in my book.

Paul G

Members
Glad you like them :D

It's on track were they show what they can realy do!!

With the prices as they are now, it's DC5 track day fans that will feel they are worth the money - It terms of improvements to get yr lap times down (if you were timing them, that is !!) they still work out cheaper than trying to find the equivalent BHP & more reliable :)

Or anyone who wants the ultimate replacement brake discs.... :wink:

Paul.

Paul G

Members
White line 24mm rear A/roll bar FOC...

If anyone wt's a set of the 2 piece discs & pads, i have a White line rear bar they can have wt them FOC!! (Nice T.day upgrade)

I used the bar for 1 test day at Donnington....But then had a change of plans, so bar is as new.

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Pic's :roll: :lol: Looks like the OEM one but is silver & 24mm not 22mm..Like new and still in the box. (can take pics if needed) :wink:

Rear bar is very easy to fit, take you about half an hour (Frt bar is NOT easy to fit - as i found out :| )

From Memory: 12mm socket, 13mm spanner, 5mm A.key.....

Thks

Paul.