THE BEST BRAKE DISCS/PADS YOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR TEG ARE (imo)

Paul G

Members
Nice try Chris.. :lol:

I can't rem how much stiffer it is than the OEM bar - Think i still have the info, will try to find it ....Or can anyone tell us, to save me looking :wink:

Thks

Paul.

Paul G

Members
It's aprox 40% stiffer than the OEM rear bar..

So a nice upgrade for somone who dose track days, but still use's there car day to day as well.

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Works out at :

Discs 679.26
pads 107.60 (Mintex 1144's)
1 x Tube of CeraTec FOC

Carriage 22.56 (inc ins) .. UK, or + £5.00 for Ireland.

Total £809.42

I can take payment via D/card, Or C/card @ +2% If that's a help....

Thks

Paul.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
paul G said:
Works out at :

Discs 679.26
pads 107.60 (Mintex 1144's)
1 x Tube of CeraTec FOC
1 x W.Line R.bar FOC
Carriage 22.56 (inc ins) .. UK, or + £5.00 for Ireland.

Total £809.42

I can take payment via D/card, Or C/card @ +2% If that's a help....

Thks

Paul.
Wow :shock: the discs have shot up since last time. I knew I should have got them then :cry:

I think I'll have to give it a miss again they are just out of reach at the moment.

Paul G

Members
paul G said:
Current prices:

1144 pads £134.49 (inc vat) per set - fast road/track.

F4 pads £167.68 (inc vat) per set - these are wt i use in my car and are not for road use, eg they dont work from cold, there a full race spec pad and i would not rec them to be used wt OEM discs unless your happy to change discs every 2 days :shock: .

Discs are £516.06 (inc vat) per pair.

Carriage works out at £8.95 (inc vat ) for pads only, and £20.56 (inc vat ) for discs and pads together, that inc ins cover as well. or i can take any bits to a track day :wink:

If anyone wts discs and pads then i will do the pads for less 20%

Current prices for pads:

1144's still £134.49

F4's now £175.68 , del on these can be up to 6 wks( if not in stock).

Thks

Paul.

Thks, Paul.G

black teg

Just did a trackday yesterday at castle combe . to be honest I'm actually lost for words :lol:

OK ill say it these brakes are bloody awesome :D , i used the mintex F4 racing pads combined with Paul's 2 piece disc setup

on the fastest part of combe i was braking from 140mph+ :shock:
the pads/discs just gave me so much confidence under heavy braking ect :D

if anyone wants the ultimate brake setup for the DC5 then contact Paul xthumbup

mikegsi

Staff member
they are that good arent they!!!

have you any other braking mods? braided lines, uprated fluid?

black teg

mikegsi said:
they are that good arent they!!!

have you any other braking mods? braided lines, uprated fluid?
Goodrich braided brake hoses all round, although i'm not sure what brake fluid I'm using , think its castrol super dot or similar :?

to be honest cud do with some better fluid , the pedal was quite spongy towards the end of the day :lol:

I might try Castrol SRF , I've used it before in my old dc2 on the road and on track and the brake pedal was fine all through the track day no spongy pedal at all 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
get some brembo racing fluid from tgm, i used it in mine and never got a touch of fade using the same setup as you (other than pads)

Paul G

Members
black teg said:
Just did a trackday yesterday at castle combe . to be honest I'm actually lost for words :lol:

OK ill say it these brakes are bloody awesome :D , i used the mintex F4 racing pads combined with Paul's 2 piece disc setup

on the fastest part of combe i was braking from 140mph+ :shock:
the pads/discs just gave me so much confidence under heavy braking ect :D

if anyone wants the ultimate brake setup for the DC5 then contact Paul xthumbup
:D :D :D

Told you they were good :wink: (rem to put the 1144's back in for road use).

I've never killed as set of discs off as yet, i've sold 2 set's now after useing them for a season myself 1st and both of those are still going as well (not like some so called preformance discs that get changed after one day on track...+ the pads last me aprox 6 t.days :) )

Re the fluid, i'm using SRF in mine (left over from my dc2 days) but i think it's prob a bit of over kill in the dc5 :idea:

Paul.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mine are still going strong. Sure they have some signs of heat stress, but they are not warped and not even wearing that much :shock:

And if anyone has seen me drive, I use the brakes late and hard :oops: :lol:

Paul G

Members
Just a note for those who've asked....

I only have 1 set of these left in stock - When there gone, there will be at least a 6 wk wait to get more in..... :wink:

Thks

Paul.