Recent content by corbie

1. corbie

lost power with manifold and kpro! updated 19-11-07

Did you pay for a full tune or one of the quick tunes? Do a run in 3rd or 4th gear from about 1500 rpm to the red line and data log it using your laptop. That way we can see the AFR, ign , cam angle and see if there could be improvements made. Do you have a copy of your map so you can tweak...
  2. corbie

Need help to decide on ECU

Any half decent tuner would be able to pick up Hondata its not hard to use, if you know a ecutec dealer its quite similar and they would be able to tune it.
  3. corbie

Mintex or DS2500.....?

The stock ones are made by Ferodo but are not the same compound as the DS2500. I have a set of Carbotech's to put on and if they are as good as they are on the EVO they are going to be fantastic. about the same price as the DS2500 and 1155 All of which I don't rate as they fade too quickly on...
  4. corbie

Dyno Charts!!

Yes that's exactly it, the coastdown is one of the better ways of calculating the flywheel. I have seen engines on an engine dyno, then put in a race car and run on a Dastek Dyno. It was within a few HP of the engine dyno. Yeah we can try but doing runs in 5th is a great way to rack up the...
  5. corbie

Fluctuating idle/revs?? Please help....

When was the last time you cleaned your Spoon Drop in air filter, if you are saying it didn’t used to do and started recently, could be that the filter is dirty. Since you have a KPro why not do a datalog and see what is happening, as it could be a flat spot in the map?
  6. corbie

Dyno Charts!!

Regarding which gear to run the car in on the Dastek Dyno it won't affect the flywheel value, due to it doing a coast down to calculate the transmission losses. Here is an example of the Dastek CTR on the rollers doing a run in 3rd, 4th and 5th Here is an interesting post by Gerry from...
  7. corbie

J's circuit muffler / spoon 4-2-1 manifold

The 70RR already has a 2 - 1 section, so you only need the Spoon 4 - 2 or the stock 4 -2 . it is quite loud especially if you have ITB's. Will be a PIA when it comes to MOT time as you will need to swap the whole thing off and not just the manifold. :!:
  8. corbie

A couple of wheel related questions!

pre facelift civic sports are 4 stud, So won't fit them but the Facelifts are 5 stud but can't remember the offset.
  9. corbie

Removing The Centre Console

Done this last week. Take the gearknob off and the plastic bit infront of the handbrake. then take the cover where the cig lighter is off and there are two screws behind this. there are then two screws on either side around the front of the subframe for the seat. There are then two more round...
  10. corbie

17" CE28

Thanks will have a think about whether to buy +43 or +50. Most places have them at the same price just waiting on a few places getting back to me with prices.
  11. corbie

Smoke on VTEC

The ECU logs the highest it has ever reved so that Honda can get out of warranty claims on engines that go bang. So you could get the info from there.
  12. corbie

17" CE28

Thanks for the info guys and girls. :D ET50 is safe which was my worry as the inner clearance is only 4mm more than stock. what is the benifts of going for +43 (apart from more 7mm more clearance) ? My drop is quite small around 20ish mm IIRC. So shouldn't need the arches rolled.
  13. corbie

Smoke on VTEC

it does have a electronic limiter which cuts the fuel but this only works when you are accelerating. By mis-shifting you are forcing the engine to spin at higher rate due to the gearing difference and there is nothing the ECU can do about this.
  14. corbie

17" CE28

Looking at getting a set of these and having a problem getting people to agree what the correct offset/width is to clear the Brembo's. Waiting for coordsport to get back to me. So what size do people have +50 width 7.5" or +38 width 8" or something else? Thanks
  15. corbie

K20 loves breathing mods! Rolling road again today....MPG +

it should be 14.7 under light load if you are running 14.?? at WOT at the top end then that is lean. it should be more like high 12's to mid 13's for making power and protecting the engine from the heat being generated. if that was my car I would get the car mapped ASAP and would not be reving...