Recent content by Kinli

1. K

Timing chain

OEM 80.000km chain vs. TODA heavy duty timing chain. It's quite easy to check if the chain & tensioner is within spec by just opening the inspection cover. Just check the manual.
  2. K

Help setting up Tps?!

No. it should be the values that the TPS reads. K-manager will read the right percentage from the TPS when you press the loud pedal. You do know what "calibrate" means right? Read the k-manager help file, this is a really simple thing to do.
  3. K

Help setting up Tps?!

Engine off - connect kpro to computer - enable datalog - go to parameters / tps - press "read" for minimum throttle, then press the pedal to the floor, keep it there and press "read" for maximum throttle. Thats about it. Same (better) instructions can be found in the softwares help section...
  4. K

Help setting up Tps?!

I have a skunk2 TB and I've used a oem tps, HR tps and now a K-tuned tps. The angle isn't a problem. All u need to do is recalibrate the TPS with k-pro in k-manager and all is good.
  5. K

Help setting up Tps?!

The K-tuned billet TPS (both V1 and V2) are great units as well. I'm using a V1 at the moment (V2 wasn't available at the time of purchase). I had a HR TPS before the K-tuned and it lasted about 200km.
  6. K

Help setting up Tps?!

You can calibrate the TPS with kpro in kmanager. Without kpro it's a bit tricky. Where did you order the TPS from? a OEM TPS unit only comes with the whole TB unit. omni, hybrid racing, blox, etc. units are crap.
  7. K

shifter linkage bushes

The EP3 & RSX(-S) uses different size bushings than the DC5 ITR on one of the two bushings. can't remember which one. But just so you know. They don't make a huge difference, barely noticable. Most of the slack is in the plastic shifter itself. K-tuned sells a billet shifter but it isn't cheap.
  8. K

Overheating

How did you bleed the system? Is the lower water hose from the radiator hot? If the car is at an angle (even slightly) there might be air trapped in the system even when the fan goes on and the thermostat opens. I had to bleed the system about a week a go but the radiator just wasn't sucking...
  9. K

Aftermarket Final Drive Acceleration....

Can you point out exactly where they say and show the ratio difference (eg. numbers / gear ratios etc)? Apart from a ancient bmi clip, do you have any other links to facts about the gear ratios? Please do.
  10. K

Tegiwa brake stopper

Well, I did this today and I must say it's a lot easier than what I was prepared for. I just took the brake booster line and clutch fluid bottle out of the way to make some room for the "complete nightmare nut". Anyway, I took a before and after movie... Before...
  11. K

A stock ep3 rev limit is about 7950rpm. But the dial does go over 8k
  12. K

Don't think so. DC5 & EP3 (JDM) Prefacelift & facelift has the same ratios. EP3 (EDM) has different 4-5-6. FD2 has different final drive etc.
  13. K

js racing exhaust manifold

Very good. Thanks for the update! I've had the car sitting in the garage for about two years and I'm just strarting over again... Do you have any memories about the tuning? I'm just wondering about the longer primary pipes. Was the j's header somehow trickier to tune than a "normal" header like...
  14. K

js racing exhaust manifold

So, did you get the manifold and did you map it?
  15. K

help choosing induction parts

I wasn't planning on running one, but I will defo look into it. I finally got the IM & TB fitted and I'm starting to think that the intake I'm planning on is going to be a bit short. I know that the intake & exhaust should work together and that the length of both (=balance) is important for...