Search results

1. J

are these wheels/ tyers ok (track)

I had these wheels on mine with Paul G discs and they fit fine. In fact the discs put the wheel further out slightly which helps clear things even more so. I had a fast road setup on 16" wheels and going 15's for the track was fine. They were brilliant.
  2. J

RRC VS RBC MANIFOLD ?

Very cheap RRC if you can make fit / work:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-K20A-FD2-In ... _720wt_916
  3. J

RE070 or F1 asymmetric?

I've got the DNA S-Drive Yokos on my FD2. They came with some wheels I bought second hand. I must admit they are not too good in the wet. Traction for turning is fine but they wheelspin in 3rd easily in the wet. What has impressed me is how well they stand up in the track. They just didn't seem...
  4. J

Closed Loop/Open Loop & The ECU "Learning" Myth Explained

You can just watch the Hondata training videos which tell you pretty much the same. Nice to have this posted anyway.
  5. J

DC2 wheels on a DC5

ROTA Subzero 16s ET40 also fit. I don't believe any Honda DC2 wheel fits. I researched this quite heavily in the past.
  6. J

Dyno Charts!!

I've borrowed the Mugen N1 ECU for a few days at a time over the years of DC5 ownership but mostly run a KPro. Yes the KPro was dynoed and composite map produced where there was the most power for each intake cam angle and the chart showed an improvement over the N1. The mapping for power...
  7. J

Bargain Castle Combe trackday this coming Tues 8/9/09 - £120

The organiser is CSMA (Civil Service Motoring Association) who are non-profit making / possibly subsidising the day. Normally it's just for members but I've managed to get them to allow non-members to come too.
  8. J

Anyone moved from an EK9 to DC5?

I went from a black EK9 to a DC5 and I missed the EK9 the whole time until I went FD2. I modded my DC5 as far as you could go, bar cams and it made the car truly excellent but cost quite a bit to get there. I think your spec EK9 would be quite a bit quicker than a stock DC5. You can't beat that...
  9. J

Bargain Castle Combe trackday this coming Tues 8/9/09 - £120

8 spaces left at Combe this coming Tuesday 8/9/09 for £120. Sessioned in the morning and usually open pit in the afternoon. PM me if you are interested. There are a few FD2s going so some DC5s added to the mix would be epic.
  10. J

Trackday anyone?

Might be some spaces at Combe this coming Tuesday for £120. Sessioned in the morning and usually open pit in the afternoon. PM me if you are interested.
  11. J

Track tyre opinions: 888/A048/V70A?

I think the Dunlop DZ02G (replacement of the DO1J) half-slick track tyre is very good and a bit less prone to needing warming up like the A048s buy still wears very well.
  12. J

RRC VS RBC MANIFOLD ?

Don't you mean the FD2?
  13. J

Post-trackday brake photos - what's the damage?

Nope, don't think so. I sold mine to someone else on this forum.
  14. J

Post-trackday brake photos - what's the damage?

Your Paul G disks look about the same condition mine where when I bought his test set second hand off him originally. Same heat crack pattern. They probably had a harder life with him than I gave them but still seemed indestructible. I wish he'd sort me out a set for my FD2. Awesome disk.
  15. J

KPRO. Getting old ECU Kal file and new Kmanager to work?

So, you cannot download the current map from the ECU to you version of KManager but you can read your saved .kal file? You could just copy each table (fuel, ignition) for each cam angle into the clipboard and past it on to a supplied .kal that came with the version you Kmanager. Once done...
  16. J

15" Wheels on a DC5??

Firstly their are not meant to be bling so you can't compare to 17-19's. I wouldn't have bought them if I thought they would cause problems. As Mike states you gain with a reduced final drive so you get better acceleration (more in the VTEC zone on track). Because of the greatly reduced weight...
  17. J

View from Paul G's Race car

Nice driving Paul. Do you ever blink? Looks like a very fast track. I'll try it one day but it's so far from Devon.
  18. J

Wheel size/offset issues........

It's definitely the offset. OEM are 55 or 60 (can't remember which) and I guess it's your Rotas that are 45. Being a slightly wider rim and lowered doesn't help either. Let me know if you want to sell them on. I'm looking for some track wheels.
  19. J

Who's been to Bedford with a Toda and Gruppe M?

I was fine with my GruppeM + TODA mani + Mugen Twin-loop. Not sure how much louder the TODA cat-back is over the Mugen. The only issue I has there was the combined noise of another Teg I was battling with. We were told to avoid each other to be able to stay on track. It was more the combined...
  20. J

in car video at Castle combe

The Porker moment was my/the first session out and I still had the driver briefing ringing in my ears 'over take with consent'. I was giving the Audi TT RSR some space because of this but he seemed to have no clue anyone was behind him despite joining the advanced group. When I finally got past...