Search results

1. R

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Gentlemen the answer to this problem is to have one of each.....which is fun....to see my teg type in Nordschleife 120513 and watch from 3 minutes....its worth a look......I love both cars fd2 and my dc5
  2. R

Welsh dc5 owner

Obviously I mean Dave.......at steels....he has been a god send to me....knows everything you need to know on DC5's......and FD2's...... And gareth can fix both....!!!
  3. R

Welsh dc5 owner

Tom is the man for all things special that is very true But hey for 13 years everything else has been gareth and another special man save at steels in hereford......we have had many journeys together the 3 of us......!!
  4. R

Welsh dc5 owner

And I thought I was the only teg in the village.....
  5. R

Welsh dc5 owner

And there's always that bloke in blackwood who bought his in 2001.....enjoy the car....if you need pads or discs I have spare
  6. R

Anyone in/near south wales?

Hi simon Long time no speak...still alive bit like you now have 2 cars FD2 and the Dc5(waiting for eibach tie bars from tom) Got rid of wife(not a cheap hobby) out to the ring in 3 weeks Hows things with you Best regards Lyndon
  7. R

Anyone in/near south wales?

As the owner of the first one in wales August 02 see you soon My FD2 has now also arrived. Both have been around the Nurburgring
  8. R

RE 040 legality

Simon what sticky tyres for the ring would you recommend and where would i get them from
  9. R

mugen sideskirts

Try tom at TGM I'm sure he had some second hand ones delivered wednesday of last week including front and rear bumper...in Blue can not definately say they were mugen but it's worth a call.
  10. R

headlamp condensation

Had same problem in both :( Changed headlight units ( you know me simon money no object thing) :oops: But.....it came back Did the drill hole/re-silicone thing works for a short while but comes back Believe it or not not changed HID power units which were suprisingly full of water..had tip of...
  11. R

Vitec Cut in

I am about to make my annual jorney to the Nurburgring(having said that we are going twice this year). Went round last year with the cut in at 3000 RPM and it was good Car now reset to 5000 Rpm Can anybody give me advice on the best cut in point on a circuit which is primarily acceleration and...
  12. R

Touch up paint for CW DC5

Can I just say if you need anything David Johnson is "THE MAN"
  13. R

Yet another CTR > DC5 convert!

How about the next bank holiday weekend? Venue suggestions please......but not strady park
  14. R

As a laugh we should create a welsh chapter......to discuss the grand slam :wink: Whats your thoughts boys :!: or just meet up for a drink and a clarks pie and a journey into DC5 ownership :xcheers: great car great performance and it is not a boring scooby do you might even want to join me on...
  15. R

As the original Welsh DC5 owner (august 2002) I wish you both well...... A turk and a Caaardifff boy how pleasant. We should arrange a Welsh meet to discuss DC5's and the grand slam.
  16. R

Noise from the Clutch?

Have same problem on mine Changed thrust bearing and clutch still there but why only in cold weather....... We have also looked at low level reverberation from heat shields Still no luck. Is it the gearbox....I bloody hope not.... Get use to it I've had to....
  17. R

Noise when Reversing or pulling off in 1st Gear

I have exact same problem but it is noticeable in 2nd/3rd also changed thrust bearing and clutch plate but still there is your car still making noise mine has 24k on a y plate thinking of changing box
  18. R

Thrust Bearing Noise

Can someone help When i first move off in the car or if it is cold just as the clutch engages I get an annoying whoooing noise.Initially I thought it was the thrust bearing so we changed that and the clutch at the same time.Noise still there and getting worse any ideas before I book it into...
  19. R

DC5 Recall Annoucement

Did it for free at hond garage. The so called special tool is a pre set torque wrench sent from Swindon. Cost to do work was the equivalent to 1 hours work time £38
  20. R

Newbie DC5 lover Cardiff

I live in Risa give me an e'mail and we can meet