Search results

1. dobber

Thinking of selling.

Yup, thinking of selling up an getting something more family orientated. Got our first baby due in October so on one hand im excited and on the other the car has to go. She finds it too bumpy even at 15 weeks pregnant so god knows what she'll be like in a few months time hehe. I was guessing...
  2. dobber

Favour required. ECU numbers

Really need a favour from you guys. Im trying to get my car chipped by this company. They need all the numbers off a ECU, thing is mine has no labels or numbers on it at all. As soon as i give them the info they can start work on it and by all accounts its going to be good. It will also be an...
  3. dobber

Resevoir bottles in engine bay

What are the 2 resevoir bottles in the engine bay for. Im after the ones at the rear left as you look head on to your car. The larger of the 2 on mine is almost empty. Its to do with the brakes, but why is there 2 of them?
  4. dobber

Blinding quote from A-Plan

Well pleased with this. I was actually at teh point of thinking that it may be time to sell up if the insurance goes up. I was paying £758 (£450 excess) with A.Flux but have just got a quote from A-Plan for £495 fully comp, protected, guarenteed hire car etc etc and £300...
  5. dobber

D2 Coilovers fitted

Had a set of D2 coilovers fitted yesterday at TGM Sport. Got it all laser alighned and it running spot on. Ive got it lowered about 25mm all round, pretty much same ride height as the Spoon progressives, thats the only similar comparrison between the spoon springs and the D2 coilovers though :)...
  6. dobber

What manifold / header

As per the title, What manifold / header are you using and give me your thoughts on it. 1/ Price 2/ Performance 3/ Noise 4/ Value for money 5/ where did you get it from Cheers, not only should this help me it should help everone else. 8)
  7. dobber

Changing 2-1 pipe

Whats the best one to get. I had the 4-2 2-1 spoon manifold on my CTR but sold it all when i got the Teg. I now want to change the cat only as it was way to loud before with the 4-2 aswel. What do you reccomend? was looking at the Spoon 2-1 pipe as its an easy fit, is this going to give me much...
  8. dobber

Fitted me 5Zigen ram-air induction intake

Well started at about 10.30 this morning. Removed front bumper which is a bit of a scary moment :? but it all came off fairly easy, phew :) Had to work out how it all went in (had no instructions) which wasnt too bad fortunatly. Fitting the air scoop was the hardest job. Removed battery...
  9. dobber

Rear speakers, are they pre-wired.

Thinking about sticking some Kappa 62.5i s in the rear this weekend. Just wondered if there is already speaker were there or will i have to run some fresh stuff. At present there are no speakers in my rear side pods.
  10. dobber

Locking wheelnuts

What ones have you guys got? I just got some honda ones but they stick out by about 10mm and look daft. Will i have to put them on and stop whinging or are there others ?? :)
  11. dobber

Quietish induction kit.

Right, to start off im not going to get a GruppeM induction kit :) Im after idea's. What kits are out there that are relativly quiet. Ive put on BMC i used to have on my CTR but am just not happy about where the cold air feed goes too. (Run it out of the filter and down the back towards the...
  12. dobber

Reccomended speakers

What speakers do you reccomend, front and rear for teh DC5? Am going to get a quote this afternoon so your oppinions are most welcome. Cheers :D
  13. dobber

HKS exhaust fitted

Fitted a HKS Hi-Power catback exhaust sytem last night. I didnt want a loud system which is why i didnt go for the Spoon (had the full system on my CTR) Have to say the quality of the HKS is excellent and the sound is oh so addictive, deep smooth sound a very good performance gain. TBH i wasnt...
  14. dobber

What do you think of these??

Angel eye lights for the DC5 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW
  15. dobber

Picked up my DC5 this afternoon

It was bye bye red CTR last night and hello white DC5 this afternoon and all i have to say is WOW. I am totally blown away with it. Its absolutally spotless inside and out and has done just over 12k miles on an '02 plate. Big thanks to the guys at wicked kit!! highly recommended 8) :D :D
  16. dobber

How to remove the stereo

As the topic says, how do you get the stereo out? Are there any dcrews holding the facia in place or id it a case of pulling it out?
  17. dobber

Quiet aftermarket exhaust.

Im picking up my DC5 this weekend and am planning my future mods. Im looking for an exhaust system with good gains but with minimal noise. I had the full Spoon system including 4-2 2-1 manifold on my CTR and my ears began to bleed on long journey's hence the hankering for a quieter system...
  18. dobber

Does the DC5 have a..........

Cat 1 alarm as standard or will i need to get one fitted when i get one imported from Japan??