Search results

1. U

Urgent Valve Clearance Question

Call System-R. Still likely to be the same settings though.
  2. U

Damaged DC5 on Ebay going cheapish

I'd be amazed if it hasn't because it's basic post accident fire prevention.
  3. U

Child Seats

Really sorry to hear that mate, genuinely. We have a two year old daughter, you must be going through untold heartache. :( Will check mine first thing in the morning.
  4. U

I've always been very carefull who I take advice from and who I listen to. Suggest everyone else does the same.
  5. U

Japanese Doctor Dolittle - he talks to the engines. :lol:
  6. U

I can't see that being a problem. My brother took a Williams engine out of a dead Clio that sat in a field for 24 hours upside down. No oil problems, no water problem, started first time. I don't understand how turning something upside down will allow water and oil to mix. They're kept seperate.
  7. U

What if it rolled over and came to rest on it's wheels? Anyway - the reserve isn't met and bidding has not ended so who know the price. Not surprised it crash with a tyre mixture on it like that.
  8. U

Japanese Performance Parts Directly From Japan?!?

Bit closer to home - http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/info.html
  9. U

Kinda new

Just sorted my insurance on the Ci today - £460. Result, got a bit of money left over now to fix a few niggles. :roll:
  10. U

Kinda new

You are going to love this car you really are. I'm really not at all happy about parting with it - but it's been a pleasure to deal with you and I know you'll give it the greatest care. 8)
  11. U

DC5 Rod through block

What a crock of sh1t.
  12. U

DC5 sold replaced with the Z

Very nice. Not my cup of tea - but certainly does look a cracker. 8)
  13. U

Engine Management

Most of us are using K-Pro.
  14. U

Taking the Plunge

They're about £30 i think. Energy engine mount inserts, try System-R. You need the car on ramps and the engine propped for safety.
  15. U

Taking the Plunge

...and it's not exactly a major transplant to do a swap if (and I emphasise IF) the car won't go through with the Toda fitted.
  16. U

Taking the Plunge

Two guys on here have got their DC5's through the MOT with the Toda on. :wink:
  17. U

Taking the Plunge

The idle speed can be raised to eliminate almost all of the vibration at idle, via K-Pro obviously. You dont need to install ALL of the engine mount inserts, I think you can leave out the baulk head (rear) one to soften the effect and it'll still be firm enough to protect the Toda. That's an...
  18. U

Taking the Plunge

The Toda manifold also allows the engine to hold peak power. On mine peak power is reached and held flat for 500rpm. From nosing around dyno plots cars with the Spoon manifold appear to hit peak then power tails off pretty quickly, taking the torque curve with it.