Search results

1. S

First Blue FD2 I know of for sale

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/201437.htm I like the colour combo very very much 8) 8) 8) But can't say I've heard anything positive about the garage.
  2. S

Gruppe M Fitting Instructions

Here are Gruppe M Fitting Instructions for anyone who may need them.....
  3. S

Met with Rob CTR.....not seen him for a while

I got a text from Rob asking if I wanted to go out & have a taste of his freshly KPRO'd DC5 this evening. Seeings as I'd not seen the old chap for a while & had be dying to have a ride in a KPRO'd Teg....... we met up. He'd never been in a 182 for a spirited drive, so we popped out in mine...
  4. S

Gruppe M fitted

Well a BIG thanks to Rob for helping me fit this tonight after work. :D I'm glad I didn't tackle it on my own, not because it was difficult, but it made things faster & easier with 2 pairs of hands. The way the box fits in my bay is SPOT ON!!! After some ideas that EVS gave me about using some...
  5. S

A couple of questions regarding Rolling Roading a DC5

Just a couple of daft questions people. 1 - What gear should the DC5 be RR'd in? In my previous EP3 I think it was 4th, 4th again for the DC5 or 5th? 2 - With a Gruppe M fitted, should the car be run with the bonnet down to give a truer reading? I'd of thought this would give a more accurate...
  6. S

Fitting guide or instructions for Gruppe M fitting please :D

As above.....Myself & another member are gonna have a crack @ this tomorrow after work & wondered if anyone has a fitting guide or instructions in English that they could offer? Silly things will probably help the most tbh. I.e. How do you remove the scuttle panel? Is it easier to remove the...
  7. S

Gruppe M ordered

Thats right folks. Finally bite the bullet & ordered one today from Newera. Got the wait now though :(
  8. S

If my backbox can't be fixed, anyone know what will fit?

I'm waiting to speak to Tom about a metal fabricator friend of his as to whether he can weld my Amuse Titanium back box & replace the baffles. If he can, I'm going to have the b-pipe modded to sit higher too. There is another co. in Bristol that can do the work, but depends what the costs maybe...
  9. S

Anyone know a company that can work with Titanium?

As per my post really.... I think the baffles may of gone in my Amuse system (Back box) & apart from the place that repaired the S2000 one in Devon, does anyone know of anyone nearer than can weld & fix it @ all?
  10. S

Need help with an exhaust noise please..

I know it's very difficult trying to help with this as it's different hearing the car in the metal, but need some ideas. Last night whilst putting the car in the garage I noticed a noise I'd not heard before. The only way to describe it is as the engine comes from 1100rpm down to idle there is...
  11. S

Just back from my first TGM visit....

Well just got back TGM after being there most of the day & gotta say after my first visit I'm inpressed :D Tom & Kenny have been amusing me throughout the day whilst doing some work on the car. Kenny mostly though :lol: as he threw the remaining oil left in the sump over himself taking it...
  12. S

Silly question about a sunstrip...

Right my car has a sun strip in it, but unsually it is on the inside on the windscreen. I have a tiny tear in in over the passenger side & would like to replace it. Now is it something that has been fitting aftermarket or OEM? Sorry it's a daft question, but never paid attention on other Tegs...
  13. S

Silly question,but will Gruppe M & Spoon Strut fit toget

As above really? :oops: Gruppe M will be ordered next week hopefully & wanna make sure that it'll fit with the Spoon Strut. Anyone running both of these?
  14. S

Look @ this manifold

That is a stunning bit of engineering!!! Makes quite a difference performance wise too, although designed to fit a Elise conversion, but I reckon it'll fit under a CTR or DC5 bonnet. What ya think? (Excuse my ignorance for most things technical :oops: )
  15. S

She's booked into with Tom...

Yup thats right, she's booked in @ TGM for the 16th September. Been speaking to Tom about having some bits done & the jobs on the list for that day are: TGM Spec Baffled Sump being fitted ESMM being fitted Oil & filter change (Obviously) Sard catch tank & breather being fitted The catch tank...
  16. S

How much of a pig is it to take a manifold off & wrap it

As above really. The manifold is giving off some serious heat under the bonnet & would like to help get this down. Any ideas, tips etc? Thanks in advance :wink:
  17. S

Shell V-Power to replace Optimax.

Something that came off the TRO CLICKY
  18. S

Will a J's ETD from EP3 be a straight fit to a DC5?

Anyone know? Been offered one just now, but not sure if it'll be a straight fit? Thanks in advance
  19. S

Anyone interested in a ETD Group Buy?

After being after one myself & seeing quite a few people interested in these lately, would anyone be interested in a Group Buy? I can make a few calls & see what I can get em at. Anyone?
  20. S

Has anyone had a baffled sump fitted?

As above really? Possibly contemplating it for when funds allow tbh.