Search results

1. W

Advice for removing afew redundant parts

Am looking at stripping some weight from the teg so I am going to remove a few little things that I don't use. eg rear wash wiper, aircon and the stereo I know that these don't add up to much but as a certain supermarket says every little helps . I am also replacing the front seats for rigid...
  2. W

Runner up in best Honda

I have just been posted as the runner up in the best honda catagory in this months Japanese performance magazine. I am so chuffed as I only came second to the offical mugen NSX prototype. I need to get going over the winter to get the changes done so as I can take 1st next year LOL!!!!!
  3. W

Its offical my car is now a jap performance feature car

Hi its offical my car is now a full jap performance feature car this month. Am really happy with the way it has come out the pics and the words are awsome. Hope you guys like.
  4. W

What weight can you get a dc5 down to for a race series?

As stated I am looking to plan to develop my car for the nippon series and am trying to see how light the dc5 can get down to see if it is a viable decision before I start to butcher. I need to get down to 1010kg with driver if I leave the engine as is, or 1060kg with driver if I up the power...
  5. W

Keep an eye out for Redline mag for the next couple of month

I have been featured in Redline I had the photoshoot on the 1st of July it should be in either the next edition or the 1 after. I think the plan is to have it in the next issue. It will be a cover feature with 2 other cars showing the kind of cars that you can get from japan. Now that the rules...
  6. W

Why is the Mugen airbox classed as pap

I have got one and it seems to be ok I have got the Mugen bumper I wonder if that is why it seems to work. I just look at the gruppe M and it looks the same but with a different intake position. I am not disagreeing as such, its just that there seems to be alot of adverse press about the...
  7. W

block advice, also exhaust and manifold

I am looking at building an engine for my DC5 and was wondering if there is a difference between K20 engine blocks eg a standered accord 2.0 to a DC5 block. I will be replacing all internals and using my head after abit of fettling? Also would it be better looking at a different exhaust and...
  8. W

Pre trax track day

Anyone doing the pre traxs trcak day sat 6th sep?
  9. W

I can finally say what ecu I am running!!!!

I have just got it back from Performance Autoworks I am the proud own of possible the first DC5 to run an autronics SM4 ECU the drivability is superb and the peak power is now at just under 9,000 rpm when I have got a power graph on the computer I will post it up. These ECU's are of eqaul...
  10. W

probs with bonnet sensor

has anyone else had a prob with a bonnet sensor on there alarm with a carbon bonnet ? if so how did you sort it out ? I have a cobra alarm have tried both a metal bodied switch and a plastic telescopic one
  11. W

Apexi set up in the swindon/oxford area

Does anyone know where to get apexi vetc controllers set up in this area will travel futher if needed. Also does anyone know how much it costs ?
  12. W

GOT IT

My dc5 was delivered to me on the 23rd of dec :xvtec: finally got to check out the full spec 8) Full C pack including start button and double din jap tv and sixdisc auto changer. Mugen - air intake , exhaust , front bumper , bonet , hand brake gater , badges on front wings . Apexi -...
  13. W

The kind of phone call I like !

Just had a call from the dealer that I am buying the DC5 from and they have just informed me that it looks like ,y car could be delivered and sva'd before Xmas :D So fingers crossed there could be some dc5 VTEC action before the year is out :twisted: :D :vtec: Will be holding a...
  14. W

the count down has begun

Have just put down a deposit on a pos mugen champ wht dc5 with c pack :?: i say poss mugen on the auction sheet it says offical mugen dc5 but i personally can't find any info about them ever doing one. Not to worry it has according to the buyer (neil from car imports direct) mugen exhaust...
  15. W

jap sat nav,dvd combo that comes in the teg

can u get the dvd converted to multi region and is there any place to up date the memory to england on the sat nav or is it just a waste of time looking for this feature ?
  16. W

fog light ?

this has probably been covered before but as have never owned an import before was wondering if u wanted to clean up the rear end by including it in the rear clusters either sacrificing a reverse light for a fog or creating a similar arrangement to a ford . would either of these be legal and...
  17. W

hi newbie here !

am looking at getting a dc5 in the next couple of months as have got bored with the accord type R and there is no easy way of getting any more out of it. am just looking at one at the mo so will probably be picking your expertise for advice on what to look for hopefully will be able to meet...
  18. W

red recaro's

i am looking at buying a dc5 but the seats are abit worrn where you get in on the drivers seat . the car has done 25500 miles on a 51 plate is the norm and is there a way to sort it out