Search results

1. A

Drivers side central locking mechanism

Its failed :x My drivers side no longer locks on the fob anymore, after investigation it seems to be the actual motor is not turning to pull the drivers side lock in, there is 12v everytime the fob is pressed so there is problems there, but got a feeling i may need the whole lock...
  2. A

Car pull under accelaration, quick fix

Car was pulling severly to the right as pressed accerator, the when i let off, the car dipped severly to the left!!! Turned out, one front tyre was seriously low on pressure, and figured the LSD must see the smaller radius now the tyre was flat, and saw it as "slip", pumped the tyre back up and...
  3. A

Valve clearance question

Afternoon all Well tonight i'm going to be doing my valve clearances, now i looked in the service manual that i downloaded from here, but not sure which settings i should use please check exhibit A Two different engine codes, and i think they are both RSX rather thn type R If these are...
  4. A

Fuel Filter

Alright all, i've taken a course on basic mechanics, i can already do most things, but i never know if i'm actually doing them correctly :lol: So i've started this course, only £93, learning a hell of a lot. They have a compter dadtbase with every car on, every tourque setting, oil type...
  5. A

Standard Suspension Setup

Does anyone know the figures for the standard suspension set up Its just my car is slightly pulling to the left so just want to get the alignment done and thought i'd best go armed with the correct figures as they probably wont have them on their database where i'm going! Cheers in advance Andy
  6. A

Service plus track day

My car is due a service very soon, also i've got a track day coming up, do you think :arrow: I should service it before track to make sure car is tip top for the day :arrow: Wait, service the car afterwards to make sure no real damage was done during the day Just wondering, as i was just...
  7. A

Anglesey

I'm going on this track on july 11th, with book a track, anyone been on this circuit, its my first track day so looking forward to it. Also i'm doing a ferrari day at the three sisters circuit, anyone done these, i'm guessing that i wont be able to thrash them!
  8. A

Suspension knocking

As title really, its only my front passenger side, suspension knocks when slowly going over speed bumps or rough roads, Now i think this is possibly the suspension mounts, am i right? If so what sort of work is involved, is it expensive, can it be done myself, do i eed to do both sides at once...
  9. A

Blueflame

Had a search on this but to no avail. Juat a quick question really, has anyone had any experience of a DC5 with a Blueflame exhaust? I had one fitted to my DC2 and i was very impressed with it, the quality was great and the noise for me, was perfect. My mate also was impressed, he went to...
  10. A

Just a quick one about polish

My dads car was recently towed from A to B, and a slight scratch/mark was left on his paint work, i said it should just polish out, but he seems to think you cant polish metallic paint. I thought this was balls, but now he's got me thinking. Can polish be used on metallic paint? :?
  11. A

Bloody zips

I went to work yesterday, and as i'm an eletrician, the pants a wear are full of pockets and zips! Anyway, after work i jumped into the car, and one of my zips caused a small rectangular rip on the side bolster! Slightly miffed off is the words. The rip is almost not noticable, but it is to...
  12. A

Picture request

Hi, unfortunately i dont have a 'TYPE R' badge on the rear of my car, could someone please post up a close up picture of their boot badge please just so i know i'm getting the right type Thanks in advance Andy
  13. A

Stereo Removal

Can anyone help me, i'm trying to remove the sereo that came with the car, its a standard Gathers CD player. AS shown below, but i really cant remove it, no clips, screws, nothing. And the pocket is just as difficult to remove too. Any ideas on how to remove it without causing any damage?
  14. A

DC5 accessoiries

Doesanyone know of some good websites that i can go through if i am to buy some accessories i.e brakes, induction etc. I already know of www.funkypower.co.uk just wondering if anyone knows of any others i can have a browse through and compare prices. Ta. :D
  15. A

Whats with 4th and 5th?

I only bought my DC5 yesterday and have been slowly pushing it further and further on each run. So went on a bit of a flat out power run last night, and when i got to 4th and 5th in vtec, the car just goes!!! Maybe i wasnt used to this much power high up cos of my DC2 but i gotta say, its...
  16. A

Gonna look at a DC5 in Stevenage

Hello, going to look at a DC5 this weekend, and hopefully buy it if its 'the one' All i'd like to know is 1. Are they/you one here :) 2. Does anyone know them or the car. Located in Stevenage Clicky Please Thanks in advance :) Andy
  17. A

Anyone from the North west.....

Willing to take me out for a passnger ride in thier integra, i have fallen in love with the car but still need to see if it is the car for me with drivability etc, against my dc2. Cheers Andy
  18. A

Hello all

Hello, i'm new on here (obviously) and i just thought i'd say hi I still own a dc2 and still over on the dc2 forum, but currently trying to sell my DC2 and invest in a DC5 So just a quick hello, and i'm spending alot of time just browsing through all the previous threads. :D Cheers Andy