Search results

1. ollydc5

PBS front pads - metal shims or not ?

Evening I‘m just putting my Brembos back together and then realised the front brake shims (small metal piece between pads and brake pots) are missing or I think they are compared to the back. Are these that important? New oem pads seem to come with them but you can‘t buy them separately for...
  2. ollydc5

High temp lacquer for Brembos

Evening all Just wondered what people have used when painting their Brembo calipers. Cheers :-)
  3. ollydc5

Clutch and flywheel. What to buy ?

Hi all after your thoughts. I‘m in a position to get my final drive fitted early next year so I‘m looking for a new clutch and flywheel. Future plans is to get the car kpro‘d and mapped but the power won‘t exceed 250bhp so I was thinking oem or stage 1 clutch. Would like to throw a lightened...
  4. ollydc5

Tarox brake kits

Hi all I‘ve been looking at a new brake kit for the teg during my rebuild. Have been looking at the Tarox kit, has anyone got any experience with these ? http://www.larkspeed.com/shopper/i/KMHO0806H/Honda-Integra-Type-R-DC5-Tarox-Front-Brake-Conversion-Kit-6-Pot-Calipers Cheers, Olly
  5. ollydc5

Registration plate transfer

Hi there Wondered if anyone can help. Still trying to sort a ref plate out which I'm ready to pay for but just want to make sure I'm going through the right process. The seller is awaiting payment and has said the plate is on retention to which he has the paperwork to prove he has the rights...
  6. ollydc5

Private registration

Everything everyone Got an opportunity to buy a cheap private reg from a friend. My questions are: It's a prefix style whatever that is so can it be transferred onto my 04 plate dc5 ? The reg is something like A3 RSX. The letter and number aren't correct but it does have 5 digits in total...
  7. ollydc5

Painting exhausts

Afternoon Just wondered has anyone tried painting their exhaust with high temperature paints or had them ceramic coated ? Have brought a new system and wondered if this may help protect its life Cheers
  8. ollydc5

Torque GT

Recieved my exhaust today from Torque GT Top customer service from these guys well recommended
  9. ollydc5

Subframe removal

Evening all Bit of advice in advance really, I'm getting my winter plans in order which means I'll be stripping the whole underneath of the car apart and paint, replace parts as I go for new. My question is can I remove the subframe which the engine in place so I can paint it up ? Any advice...
  10. ollydc5

Rear arch rolling, where to go

Morning Can anywhere recommend a trusted place to get the rear arches rolled ? Any help is much appreciated
  11. ollydc5

Gran Turismo Sport - November 2016

Anybody looking forward to the first Gran turismo powered through the ps4 ? Logitech G29 steering wheels at £180 for wheel and pedals. Used to have a great group of folks on here who used to play so be good to get a few on. Quick video if you haven't watched it...
  12. ollydc5

Front suspension top hats which way

Just putting my car back together and just wondered is there a certain position the top section faces ? Any help is much appreciated
  13. ollydc5

Front anti roll bar weight

Has anyone else noticed whilst removing their front anti roll bar that it's quite light for its thickness ? Presuming it's hollow, either that or it just felt lighter than I was expecting
  14. ollydc5

oem 6th gear with 5.417 final drive

Right got a bargain final drive today in the form of a 5.417 final drive and my question to you good folk is there anything I can do with my 6th gear ? I ran a 5.1 in my last dc5 which was quite a comfortable upgrade along with a bit more power. In my ep3 I couldn't afford to go down the...
  15. ollydc5

What do people recommend for undersealing?

Evening About to get this done and have decided to sort it myself and save some money for other go faster parts. I'm not to keen on the black wax oil type stuff but believe there is a clear type. Will be removing as much as possible from the underneath, bumpers etc Any advice is much appreciated
  16. ollydc5

Donington national evening 19/7/16

Just booked on to this just in case anyone fancies it. Have been on loads of Hondas on tracks days and there's no Heroes on just a nice evening for a few laps
  17. ollydc5

Whiteline products

I've seen whiteline products for sale elsewhere but does anyone know if there is a uk distributor? Have had some of their products in the past and they were great, thinking of replacing my arbs.
  18. ollydc5

Skunk2 lower control arms

Hi there I have a pretty much brand new set of these left after selling my ep3, from what I remember the arms are slightly different between the uk ep3 and the dc5. Presuming the dc5 is slightly longer, can anyone confirm this ?
  19. ollydc5

Underseal. How far do I go ?

How far do I really need to go with the underseal ? Some guys are just slapping it on the underneath, some are removing arch liners and others are going full chassis and running gear removal. I want to do my best by the car but keep things sensible
  20. ollydc5

Dc5 car cover

Hey guys Collecting my PFL dc5 next month and wondered if anyone can recommend a decent cover, have to leave her outside due to a mini project lol Olly