Search results

1. Marpol

Do you keep a service history?

I'm the same, done all my own services since the car was imported 4 years ago. I keep receipts for all the parts and print out a little service schedule showing date, current mileage and work carried out.
  2. Marpol

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Gave the car an oil change and replaced the drive belt which I suspected was causing the loud squealing noise every morning. Bought one of the Gates ones off eBay for £18, easy enough to change and no more squealing! :xgrin:
  3. Marpol

I got it from ebay... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-POWER-STEERING-FLUID-1-LITRE-BOTTLES-/171065809711?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item27d4511b2f
  4. Marpol

Changed my power steering fluid this weekend! Nice easy little job and the steering now feels a lot smoother, the old stuff was a horrible brown colour so well worth doing.
  5. Marpol

What size are the sidelights?

Yep there the 501 or sometimes called W5W
  6. Marpol

Gears a bit stiff - new clutch time?

I've had a good search on the forum and think its probably time for a new clutch but would appreciate your input. Had the DC5 2 years now and in the last 6 months all the gear changes have become quite stiff and notchy both when moving and stationary. Shes done 45k but has been on track 3...
  7. Marpol

Keith Michaels!

I had a stupid renewal quote from Adrian Flux too £1,158 (26 with 8yrs no claims, mods declared, on drive) Keith Michaels got it down to £1,000 Sky quoted me £942 Then out of nowhere Brentacer quoted me £850 Called Flux back and they dropped it to £840 with a £350 excess, just like that...
  8. Marpol

Heavy steering on acceleration

I'm also running RE070's on standard rims and haven't noticed any difference in the steering? I have eibach springs and FRSU Not much help I know but thought I would share :xhappy:
  9. Marpol

Fujitsubo RM01A cat back exhaust.

Another thumbs up from me! Had one on my DC2 and was so impressed with the quality and sound had to get one for the 5 too :xgrin:
  10. Marpol

Air Con Question.

Yep its normal, can get a bit annoying! Ive remember seeing somewhere that you can program it somehow to stop the A/C automatically coming on, don't know how true that is though?
  11. Marpol

Car bogging down under acceleration! Help! (Now Fixed!!!)

All fixed and im chuffed to bits! :xgrin: The fuel pump assembly had indeed separated from the fuel filter and was floating around in the tank! This had pulled on one of the fuel lines and put a split in it so some of the fuel was just going back into the tank and not the engine! Have...
  12. Marpol

After reading this thread I shall be checking my fuel pump assembly tomorrow: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5477-hesitation-on-accelerating/page__hl__%20pressure%20%20regulator I seem to be getting the same symptoms!
  13. Marpol

Its done 33,000 miles and tends to happen more at lower speeds, ie pulling out of junctions, roundabouts etc although it was struggling a bit on the motorway today!
  14. Marpol

This problem started with the car taking longer and longer to start up, battery is 6 months old and has plenty of charge. Its not struggling to turn over but just takes an age to fire into life! Now when accelerating or even just trying to maintain a certain speed there is a massive drop in...
  15. Marpol

Getting a new set of keys

That looks like it would work but you dont need the buttons. This is like the one I have and its in the UK and cheaper!
  16. Marpol

Thats the one :xlol: Yep I picked up a CRV blank from ebay (but I think you can get them from honda too) and took it to my local Timpsons to be cut, key works fine and cost all of about £20 :wink:
  17. Marpol

Pre facelift there is no chip and you can just take a blank to a key cutters like I did I believe the facelift has a chip though
  18. Marpol

Whine at 2000rpms

I get a squealing noise every now and then Only happens when I first start the car up in a morning usually when its damp outside but always disappears after around 30 seconds. Doesnt really bother me, will investigate further if it gets any worse :xlol:
  19. Marpol

F1 Asymmetric 2 On Track???

Cheers for the advice Ive been reading through some of the threads on here about track days & will take a pressure gauge and 12v mini compressor to make sure the pressures are all good :wink:
  20. Marpol

F1 Asymmetric 2 On Track???

Lets hope the weathers nice then! Its on Friday 21st October