Search results

1. Phil r type

Baffled sump

Hi, looking to put a baffled sump in my car , what's the going rate supply and fitted ? I live in Hampshire so would you say tgm are the best bet ? :)
  2. Phil r type

lose in power after new o2 sensor possible ?

ok, fitted my new o2 sensor ( not from Honda but recommended from here ) I also serviced the car at the same time . after this I took it out, vtec would not kick in on the first go but was then ok but it dose not seem to pull as hard as it did before the new sensor. the car is kpro'd so would...
  3. Phil r type

p1166 code only ?

hello, back in a dc5 again love and it , but last week had a p1166 code come up ? cleared it but came back as soon as i turned the key, then went away on its own but came back tonight . now i know this has been spoke about before but in allmost every case it has a p1167 with it ? if im just...
  4. Phil r type

looking at getting this dc5 ? wm54oxz

hello guys, had to sell my dc5 earlier in the year after 4 years of owning her to sort some stuff out, i was gutted at the time but it went to a guy on here and he loves it ! now looking at getting another soon as I'm back on track. looked at one to day FL champ white wm54oxz . all servicing has...
  5. Phil r type

Sparks under car ? Help

Hello, just been out for a spirited drive and my friend said on full VTEC I get sparks come from under the car now and then. Its coming from roughly the cat ? Car drives spot on with no funny noise or smell . I'm thinking hole in vat or flexy ? Any help would be fab :) and before any one makes...
  6. Phil r type

Spoon ECU ?

Hello, just wondering if anyone has one as most run hondata . what do they do ? Any power gains ? That sort of thing really :)
  7. Phil r type

DC sports back box on OEM b pipe ?

Hello , dose anyone know if a dc sports exhaust back box fit OEM b pipe ? Thanks :)
  8. Phil r type

Shinny break discs ?

Hello, since going on track I've noticed my disc's are abit shinny . I think I may of cooked them ? They are not warped and there is no lip and seem to work fine , but when I had a bit of work done at my local ( mission motor sport ) he said looks like you cooked your breaks at some point ha ha...
  9. Phil r type

Help ! Engine mount inserts

Hello can't do the last one ( at the back ) dose the exhaust have to come off to get the boult to slide out ? Any help would be fab ! :)
  10. Phil r type

Japspeed 4-2-1 and de-cat ? Any good ?

looking at de-cating my car but found this japspeed 4-2-1 and de-cat ? Price wise its cheaper than any de-cat I found . any one got one ? Are they any good ? Thanks
  11. Phil r type

De cat on OEM ECU

Hello , is anyone running a de cat with OEM ecu ? Been looking on the web to see the effects but can't find much . any one got over the engine light coming on ? Anyone not get the light on ? Was the fueling OK ? Any help would be fab :)
  12. Phil r type

Seat rails

Hello, is there any fixed bucket seat out there that fits OEM recaro seat rails ? Any light on this would be fab :)
  13. Phil r type

Help , 8j et48 or 7.5j et45 ?

Sorry if this has been covered before , looking to order some rota's this week but and I can't think what is less likely to rub ? 8j et48 or 7.5j et45 , both with 215 tyres ? I worked out the 8j 48 will stick out like 2 or 3 mm more but as I'm using a 215 tyer I think the tyre wall will sit...
  14. Phil r type

Starter motor problem

Hello, anyone changed there starter motor ? Is it a nightmare ? Looks like the manifold has to come out . I think this is what it is , struggle's to crank even with a charged battery then drain's it in seconds I've tried two battery one is only 4 weeks old , this is the first thing to go wrong...
  15. Phil r type

dc5 springs on ep3 ?

Hi, just bought my wife a cosmic gray ep3 type R . love it , I thought I read something once that dc5 springs fit on ep3's and give it a 15mm drop ? Was this a dream ? Lol thanks Phil :)
  16. Phil r type

wheel spacers safe ?

Hi, was just wondering if 5mm wheel spacers are OK with stock nuts etc ? Thanks :)
  17. Phil r type

40 et ?

OK have some et40 7j 215 r17's I'm on coil overs , 60 mm drop . I get a little rub (Lucky me) ;) at the front from time to time. any ideas how to stop this without raising the height ? Was thinking more camber ? What have you guys done ? Running 2.0 back and 1.1 front . thanks :)
  18. Phil r type

steering rack slider

Hello all, any one know where I can get a steering rack slider guide ? Any help will be cool :)
  19. Phil r type

hot day VTEC ?

Hello , picked my 5 up today after its mot (past again) ha ha, and thought I'd go for a run the long way home being such a nice day . I've noticed on a hot day my vtec cuts in later than a cold day like almost 6k is this norm or could it be down to the 0w40 oil I'm rocking ? What you think :)
  20. Phil r type

federal 595rsr

Any good ? Anyone use them ? Thinking of getting some . any input welcome :)