Search results

1. A

Knocking! Possible causes?? Please!

oo i know it is a thrust bearing, but its not the usual term i hear being used relating to clutches.. Still no idea, its not suspension arms, top mounts, engine mounts or arb.. checked the shocks for play and leaks and re-seated the springs and checked for movement and nothing.. I guess its...
  2. A

Steering wheel shaking after 60MPH

If there aftermarket wheels, you might need spigot rings.. If the wheels are not fastened up in the correct manor, it can cause them to do these..
  3. A

Energy Suspension master bushing kit.

Hi there, Having fitted this recently i know the content.. You will have '2' large bushes for the front vertical compliances bushes(one each side) then technically 4 halves (2 full bushes, 1 each side) and a centre metal centre piece for the rear horizontal bush. thats your fronts. Then on...
  4. A

How to - Fit Energy Suspension Engine Mount inserts

Great work mate! A shame about the VSS but in sure you will get it sorted!
  5. A

Knocking! Possible causes?? Please!

Changed to top mounts today! It's tightened up the suspension lots and improved drive, the other tops where totally shot! However, this bloody clunk/knock is still there!! Argh!
  6. A

Brake fluid used by all you track nuts?!

I'll report back after bled and track day done! Might get some ds2500 too..
  7. A

June July track days

Only dc5 booked onto cadwell evening on the 26th June!
  8. A

Don't remove the centre bolt till the bracket as a whole is off on the rear, loosen yes, but don't remove! I undid the 2 on the gearbox, one at the top and the 3 ones on the mount then removed the whole section through the bottom of the car! And that's with a standard manifold, took me 20...
  9. A

You will probably need to jack the engine up to align the bolts at some point, it does move slightly and can casue bolt alignment issues and the people have mentioned above, it can be a faff.. I recently replaced all my engine mounts for innovative mounts.. started at 09;00 and was done by...
  10. A

Thank you all, appreciate it! I have purchased some ATE racing blue as it was in my local motor factors, cheap and good enough.. If I'm not impressed I'll order rbf600 for sure!
  11. A

'K20' number plates

I have an integra based plate on mine and my own plate on retention! Again, not purchased by me.. Will leave it on the car for sale unless I got offered good money for it ha! K20 HOT would be cool
  12. A

Why thank you, now where to get the fluid ha..
  13. A

Evening all, Changing the brake fluid this weekend before cadwell.. What fluid do you use or what's recommended?! ATE super blue?! Rbf600?! Thanks
  14. A

Reservoir socks

Their are 3 resovoirs on the car.. front left as you look at it, power steering fluid, grey top with a red lid.. one goes on that. The other two are the same side of the engine at the top, 2 resovoirs next to each other, one smaller than the other, black lids..
  15. A

Engine flush

Anything thats designed to thin a vital part of the engine is bad news! You wouldn't pour anything else through the oil filler cap that's good at clearing up oil. Flushing to me would be, drain old oil, remove old filter. Put in new filter and new oil, run for a day at most, then drain oil...
  16. A

Funky power manifold? Anygood?

Surely it's just tig'd, doing 2 different types of weld process won't add any strength..
  17. A

Boot sealing

Don't worry about it ! A lot are not painted over ! Highly doubt it's a repair ..
  18. A

Engine flush

Wouldn't ever use engine flush on any car if that's what your implying to use?! Only flush with engine oil!
  19. A

June July track days

What date?! I'm planning to book an august date at donny, I have some mates waiting on my date ha!
  20. A

June July track days

I might take you up on that offer buddy.. Never driven cadwell before and going on the 26th June! I'm a donington whore ha!