Search results

1. M

ozzy147 send me your paypal there is a pint coming your way!

So, Driving up to the shops to grab a beer as its been a long few weeks with work etc when all of a sudden my gear stick turns into a sloppy pudding spoon! Well I lost me rag... Just spent over 2k on the engine and thought if the gearbox is now goosed i am gonna pull over and torch the dam...
  2. M

Lets hear your suggestion of audio to this CCTV of someone stoofing my car and driving off!

So after days of checking CCTV footage from various places I found the culprit! Not sure if I am going to get a plate from the footage yet..but there cant be that many people matching the description and car in our village. Just cant believe they drove off! https://youtu.be/lB3aH7ViBek Also...
  3. M

Gutted to say the least... Need help from the DC5 community

Ayup all, Well, the bottom end has gone :( Driving home from a friends recently, spirited but certainly not thrashing it and i started to hear a faint knock. Pulled over immediately and the dreaded bottom end knock was there. Guess I am just lucky it didn't seize and pop a piston. Oil was...
  4. M

Slack as a wizards sleeve...

Past few weeks I have been getting a boggy throttle response and its been driving me mad. Almost felt like the car still had the choke on. So with the temp OK and fluids fine I had a gander under the bonnet. The throttle cable had about an inch and a half play in it! Quick adjust and all is...
  5. M

Pull in seat fabric!

Ayup all, So getting out my car the other day in the pishing down rain and I heard that horrible tear. Mortified and looked down to several pulls in the seat fabric, checked my jeans back pocket and I had a bleedin screw driver in it ffffssss. Gutted to say the least I had several small...
  6. M

Wanted. two metal brackets and bolts for manifold cover.

Hi all, After the above if anyone has some knocking about. Thanks.
  7. M

Radio reception

Hi All, Can any of you ICE gurus clear this up for me. I had the JDM stereo in my car when I bought it and i could only get a couple of radio stations, pretty much all the ones I dont listen too and none of the ones I do!... I thought this was the band issue with the radio its self and as I...
  8. M

Which nuts do I need for the studs on the cat to b pipe. Desperate

Hi all, So last night tried to fit my mugen exhaust and it was a nightmare. Every but and bolt was rusted solid. Managed to get the back box of my cutting the bolts and then even worse was the cat studs. They look to be spotted on, had to cut off the bolts in the end with a little damage to the...
  9. M

Second hidden Cig lighter feed?

I need a double hidden USB power feed behind my stereo. One to power my Ipod and the other my MHL converter for my phone. Now I tried this a while back by bastardizing a couple of 12v phone chargers with the aim to wire them directly onto the back of the existing ciggy lighter out of sight, but...
  10. M

exhaust knock in first and second only?

Hi all. Recently developed a little nock every time I pull off in first then second gear. Almost sounds like something gently knocking the spare wheel pan. Going to get under it at the weekend and have a proper look also see if I can talk a mate into riding in the boot for a min to narrow it...
  11. M

How do you remove side decal residue!

Tips please folks. So far I have used hot water, meths, lighter fluid, alcohol and lots of elbow grease. An hour later and I still have 3/4 of it left! Also tried a hot air gun on low its a nightmare to rid....
  12. M

coin try thingy

Last week I managed to kneecap my self whilst getting out of the car on the little coin tray. The tray came out so I just popped it into the glove box for further inspection. Come to refit and I can get it to clip back into place. I have the spring and nothing seems broken but there seems to be...
  13. M

CEL error 41, air fuel ratio sensor?

Hi all, Had my EML come on then go off, then stay on today. Thanks to the great guide on here i managed to get above code out of it. I gather this is the famed O2 sensor? If so who are we buying from at the minute or is it vasoline and a trip to honda, again!
  14. M

87y or 91y ?

Hi all, Just purchased some F1`s and noticed I currently have 91y and these are 87y. Both asym 2. Have I ordered wrong? Thanks.
  15. M

Help please, new to all this but after a new stereo.

Hi all, My last 10 years or so of motoring up until my DC5 has been company cars. Bland, dull and uninspiring. Now I am a happy DC5 owner :) Problem is the JDM stereo is horrible. Yes it will play 5 CD`s and receive radio 1&2... sometimes.. But i cant stand either. yeah call me old but I want...
  16. M

New forum member. Old DC2 owner

Ayup all, Found this great forum whilst researching a DC5. Lots of great info and a bit of banter which helps :) It has been many moons since I owned something I really enjoyed driving which was my DC2. Many happy memories and not so happy repair costs, however the pain of the repairs is...