Search results

1. crasherkid

Help with a few bits, rust, engine mounts, bushes etc

Hello recently had my DC5 up for sale but plans have changed so i can keep the car now so happy days. I would like to ask a few questions, rather than bombarding new threads everywhere, thought i would put it all into one thread. I'll start off with a slight concern with rust. I've just noticed...
  2. crasherkid

Help: VTEC stalling at 6k rpm

Help Please My Teg has developed a fault - when accelerating in Vtec, at 6k rpm the speed kinda gets stuck there and the needle doesn't go up either but you can hear the vtec getting louder but the car isn't actually accelerating? If I keep the accelerator pressed it will eventually get out of...
  3. crasherkid

Help with Discs and Pads - MOT coming up

So my MOT is due in a few weeks and I'd like change my brake discs and pads. I use my car as a daily on the road, never will be tracked or raced etc and fuel efficiency matters to me so I very rarely floor it (I do at times if I'm on a nice country road ha) I've seen this full set of front and...
  4. crasherkid

Help 18" alloys fitment

Hi I wanna change the rims on my DC5 but unfortunately for me, all the rims i like are only made in 18" upwards, none in 17". Is anyone running 18" wheels with lowered coilovers suspension. Mines currently sat on a new set of Yellowspeed coilovers (not sure on exact model) but the dampening can...
  5. crasherkid

Help rear engine mount needed

Hi When I change gears, I can hear and feel a click on the pedals. Sounds the same as when you slide the seat back and fourth it gives you that click sound. I've been told it's the rear/lower engine mount that's either damage or worn and that it needs replacing. Can anyone tell me where to...
  6. crasherkid

Best value racing simulators

Hey Wanting to buy a racing seat/cockpit - budget of around £300 Preparing myself for Gran Turismo Sport launch but until then will use for Asseto Corsa, Project Cars on PS4 & PC. So far, the best I've seen is the GT Omega Art/Pro cockpits which retail for £299/329 (difference is quality of...
  7. crasherkid

Help - Radiator hose burst

Hello After having my Tegiwa induction kit fitted by them last week, I noticed after driving and parking the car up that there was faint, clear smoke coming from the bonnet. The first time I saw it a few days ago it was pouring down with rain so didn't think anything of it thinking it must've...
  8. crasherkid

Autoglym super resin and extra gloss protection on CW

I know there's plenty of threads on here requesting cleaning info for a CW DC5 but a few days ago, I took mine to a hand car wash (don't have a hose or pressure washer yet but will be buying one soon) Got home and started using the meguiars clay bar with water. Took about an hour just to clay...
  9. crasherkid

If you had £1k to spend on mods..

Hello Just getting some ideas really. Only had my DC5 not even two weeks yet and I'm already planning ahead how to release more power from her. My car is completely stock apart from an AEM intake. If you had £1k cash only to spend on mods, what would you buy and in what order? Ive read loads...
  10. crasherkid

Annoying vibration from engine

Hello Any idea why something, somewhere in the engine bay is causing a loud(Ish) vibration which can be felt on the steering wheel and also the drivers side door. I know it's coming from the engine but it's so intense it also vibrates the wheel and door. You can feel it strongest at...