Search results

1. tricker_luke

RBC advice

Just cut the front square part from the bonnet clip and it fits fine
  2. tricker_luke

Big brake kit arrived for my DC5

Not sure what brakes are on some of these tegs but the brembos on mine with oem discs and project mu hc800 pads feel like they came with an attached anchor once up to temp! :p I have driven so many new cars due to hiring them while abroad and yes, they do have a sharper initial bite, but the...
  3. tricker_luke

Japfest 2018 - 6 May 2018 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/DISCUSSION THREAD.

I am really unsure. I used to go but haven't for the last few years. My car needs TLC, mostly looks ok but the carbon bonnet is peeling everywhere and the wheels have paint chipped off from tyre changes. I could quickly lacquer the rough bits etc but it is far from a show car haha
  4. tricker_luke

SRS light and engine management light issue

Bit of a late post but did you reconnect the 2 crash sensors? More importantly did you sand back to bare metal any areas you treated that then had the earth tags refitted? I did mine and my horns didn't work then I realised I had fitted them back onto painted metal and the body of the horn acts...
  5. tricker_luke

SRS light and engine management light issue

Bit of a late post but did you reconnect the 2 crash sensors? More importantly did you sand back to bare metal any areas you treated that then had the earth tags refitted? I did mine and my horns didn't work then I realised I had fitted them back onto painted metal and the body of the horn acts...
  6. tricker_luke

Pulling while accelerating/ decelerating

It could be as simple as geometry out of spec. The amount of times I have has mine set, then I mess with something (take a coilover off/ replace clutch etc) it goes out of spec and I get the drifting symtpoms too. I think they tend to pull towards the side with more or less camber. Front toe...
  7. tricker_luke

Oem Tow Eye Locations (front and rear)?

Of course if you use the front points it will likely rip the bumper off, especially if in gravel. I think people use the large cross bar when fitting the straps.
  8. tricker_luke

Can I get any more camber?

I can just about fit 2 finger width front and rear, so about an inch clearance
  9. tricker_luke

Can I get any more camber?

I have 7 inch et42 on the front (with 3mm spacers so I suppose et39), 225 width tyres and -1.2 camber and even they rub on heavy bounces.
  10. tricker_luke

How To Check Honda Japan for any Recalls due on DC5 - Instructions

Just checked mine again and it appears that the steering rack check had not actually been performed (even though I do have the star washer) 【Search result: Not implemented】 The following recalls are "Not implemented". Classification Notification date (start date) Report number Contents...
  11. tricker_luke

Oulton park 21st March noise...

I have an open cone, buddyclub manifold, spoon centre pipe and spoon N1 backbox and always been fine. It measures around 98dB too on the static test. The funny thing though is that you can still hear these Honda's long after they have passed when spectating, whereas other cars go quiet just...
  12. tricker_luke

Shock absorber recommendations

When fitting EP3 rears you always have to fit a 2mm spacer either side, i.e. a thick washer due to that exact reason of the bush being narrower.
  13. tricker_luke

Blue Recaro Covers

I have some from the special one off batch of 10 they did, and they are a decent enough fit and quality!
  14. tricker_luke

Creaky rear end

Mine was doing this at the rear left for ages. I swapped the rear suspension left to right and the creak moved with it. I then swapped the top mounts and the creak remained, which was confusing. Then after a while it just stopped and been fine since! I think it could have been the damper or...
  15. tricker_luke

DC5 Alternator

Replaced mine with an ep3 alternator a couple months ago and no difference in performance.
  16. tricker_luke

Sump gasket?

That's good to know although I removed the whole subframe when I did mine without realising!
  17. tricker_luke

DC5 Front H

I think I managed to unclip the top grill part on mine and pull it forward so I had access behind. It wasn't the easiest way but I think that is what I did!
  18. tricker_luke

Why is everyone selling up?

Can't see mine ever getting sold even though I am sure it is going to start falling apart soon. 51 plate on 186k miles but with a replacement k20a2 engine which is on about 135k. It sees 250 miles a week just for work, leisure driving and trackdays too! Won't be worth much!
  19. tricker_luke

Bogging down when trying to pull away quickly

Maybe also check the 02 sensor is looking ok and has been reconnected. They would have removed the exhaust manifold to get the subframe off. I suppose a number of things could have been disturbed but it's knowing what would cause those symptoms. Ignore that, the manifold is above the subframe!
  20. tricker_luke

Bogging down when trying to pull away quickly

Could it be something silly like a vacuum hose been knocked off or something? I can't think what else could have been disturbed during a routine clutch change!