DC5 3D Model / Illustration Diary

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Done some more tweaking to the headlamp/bonnet/bumper and done a couple of 'beauty shots'. Enough of fiddling with the front! I'm going to do the back section now...

More later...

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Done one more render tonight as I have added the number plate mounts and the plate itself.

Going to start the side skirts in a bit, which I'm quite looking forward to as they are an odd shape!

gregb

Advanced Member
amazing stuff 8) damn jealous :!:
looking forward to seeing the finish in blue :wink:
judging on time spent so far when do you expect to finish it?

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Another quick update. Frustrating day really. Did all the stuff you can see here (side skirts, a-pillars, roof strips and roof) and hit save - only for Modo to crash. Luckily it crashed as soon as I hit save, as if it had started saving, I may well have corrupted the file. As it is, I only have to re-draw these bits, not the whole thing.

I have decided that it's worth backing up the scene file every day just in case the worst happens...

Anyway, here's a glimpse of where I got to before it went pop. I've got to re-do all that stuff now... Curse me for getting carried away with the modelling and forgetting to do regular saves... Grrr...

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Phew! Re-drew everything that got lost, and also the windscreen, seal and wiper panel (wipers to come later).

Here's the latest:

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Early start on this as I had a few serious surfacing issues last night that I had to get sorted as soon as possible. All done now, so here's the beauty shot - getting closer to that photo realistic look that I'm after.

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Thanks again guys!

Just a little update for anyone who likes their cars with added 'bling'...

PS I'm getting a carbon bonnet for my 'Teg, but I'm going to have most of it sprayed. This is just a test for later...

Suped

Advanced Member
Woah, got an idea, get a virtual modded teg up and ready, and sent it into JTune for soem proper recognition. :lol:

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Another update. Not much in this one - just re-modelled the number plate & housing and added bolts and washers. Also added the washer jets. I have modelled the side repeaters too, so will texture those tomorrow and post an update.

[technical_jargon_warning] This is also a landmark for me as I have done my first ever UV map! Yes, I re-textured the number plate with a UV (I have always copped out and used planars up to now). I need to go through and re-texture everything with UVs now, as I may want to move bits for the final renders... [/technical_jargon_warning]

Suped

Advanced Member
the finer detailed touches make the virtual teg really realistic!!

I'm just hoping that when your finished, the teg will jump out the monitor and let me drive her.
:lol: