Search results

1. T

Unlucky caterham drivers at Spa

The high powered Caterham driver posts as "Jackal" on quite a few forums, he was on a cool down lap when the rear spun out, luckily he was not seriously injured by the Prelude, who looked as if he did the same. BTW Jackal was out of the car the Prelude spun into his car and knocked him over as...
  2. T

Noble or JCSC?

LOL@this thread Hmm Noble or DC5 + JRSC :roll: the M400 is stunningly fast, the 3R awesome, the DC5 is good no where near as fine as a Noble. As someone mentioned if you can afford both there is only really one anwser? Lotus Exige blowing after 4K :roll: I heard of one going due to over...
  3. T

dc5 vs dc2

8)
  4. T

dc5 vs dc2

and cost the best part of a decent car to replace :shock:
  5. T

DC5 without LSD??

Sensible head on don't try and figure out on the road if you have LSD :wink: Not sure about the DC5's but the DC2's used to have a marking on the gearbox LSD then a number IIRC. The only DC5's Im aware of that don't have an LSD is the track only version that is sold in Japan. For give my...
  6. T

dc5 vs dc2

Oh yes I forgot that I cracked mine too, although found out these were surface cracks, when I skimmed them. The GT3 I drove didnt have the PCCB, even so they were quite mind blowing, a car I must own soon :wink:
  7. T

dc5 vs dc2

:lol: First off I owned an EK9 that has the exact same set up as the ITR, secondly my brother owned an DC2 that I drove, my EK9 had a very hard life admittedly. I used the heat treated brembo's and Mintex 1155's, I warped the heat treated Brembo disks more times than I can remember on road...
  8. T

dc5 vs dc2

Id disagree with your comments regarding the brakes, they are good, but they desperatly needed some cold air ducting, warped many a set :!:
  9. T

Autocar Track Day with Honda @ Bedford Autodrome Fri 15 Jul

Jonstor's right they hold these events at Bedford quite often with other manufacturers. Basically they bring a few of the model line up, and you can get pax laps in them. IIRC they used to let you take them out for a few laps, with an instructor, not sure of they still do it.
  10. T

Sepang F1 Circuit

:shock: :shock: :shock: Hmm don't think I would do that in my own car :P
  11. T

Nurburgring DC5 2004

Those tyres are truely awful on track looked like it was forcing loads of understeer, and is that the softest suspension settings you can have? If not that was set up way to hard, it looked like you were thrown out of your seat at one point :P BTW please let me know what dates you are planning...
  12. T

Cleaning the B*****d wheels

When you have cleaned them there is a product Autoglym sell that you spray on, polish off, it reduces the risks of the brake dust embedding into the wheels, I had a trackday on monday got a soft cloth wiped all the dust off, 5 minute job. Its not advisable to use wonderwheels or the like on a...
  13. T

The Power of dreams

and the handling to match 8) Well 90% decided my car will be homage to a Honda engine subject to test drive hopefully next week to be fitted by July, in readiness of a trackday bonaza, finally sucumbed!! The K series engine currently sat in my Elise is lets say SHIT, 3 headgaskets, and low...
  14. T

Many Thanks to Steels Honda

Thanks
  15. T

Andy what do you want for your old Gearbox, ECU, Loom, may be intrested in the engine aswell, dependant on condition. Email me if you prefer.
  16. T

Was that just for the engine :?: , not the ECU, Loom, or gearbox.
  17. T

At £30K....

Ive done the same recently with the budget at 50K, I couldnt find anything that I really really wanted, for the purpose I have, purely 1 day a week fun car, a car for my Europe trips, reasonable affordable to maintain, and use on track once a month. Best I drove was the CSL M3 for 41K, a...
  18. T

£'s :shock:
  19. T

HELP NEEDED

Serious bad luck, its not just Honda's that have issues, on my 3rd Head gastket in my Elise :( Are you 100% sure it had full oil when cold :?:
  20. T

TD DC5 SHAKE DOWN @ SILVERSTONE

I think the intrest in the DC5 is quite higher, many mroe DC5's imported compared to JDM CTR's EP3 & EK9 and agree more and more will want one. TBH Im really surprised Honda are not going to jump on the band wagon excellent timing, DC5 in touring cars and just as the current EP3 is going to be...