Search results

1. T

Defi gauges and hood- White or Red?

I have just installed 3 Defi gauges along with a Defi Hood. At first, i thought white (black background, white fonts and red pointer) would look better than red (black background, red fonts, red pointer). And im starting to have 2nd thooughts. Shop is willing to reinstall for me again as its not...
  2. T

Question on centre part of Mugen Hood

Hi Guys, I recently bought the mugen hood for dc5, the fitment is perfect. One question, if you look at the link below (this is not my car, this is just sth i found online), the part (that is black) on the hood in between the two water sprayers that spray water to your windshield is back...
  3. T

Differences between Toda Clutch Kits

Hi Guys, My stock clutch will be going out soon and hence im looking into what options i have out there and concluded that I will give Toda clutches a try. However, Im confused with the different kits they have available for our K20 engines, i tried searching but i dont think any of us here use...
  4. T

Do facelift and prefacelift use same HID bulb?

Hi Guys, I did a conversion from prefacelift to facelift (pics soon to come), and im using my original stock ballast and for the new facelift headlights. Do any of you know if they require the same type of bulb or different? Thanks in advance.
  5. T

Gruppe M Filter and parts

Hi all, Im located in HK, will be going to US in july, do any of you know where to get a new K&N filter? Ive washed it a few times already, and have put around 30000km on the current filter, i think its time for a new one, where would you recommend me to get it. I can either get it in hk, or...
  6. T

Which Carbing strut tower bar fits if have Gruppe M intake

hi guys, have cusco strut bar now , but prefer carbing strut bars cos they seem much stronger. however i have a gruppe m intake in place and hence not sure if any carbing strut bars would fit... maybe none of them would, pls advice... another question, i know that carbing makes a floor bar on...
  7. T

ESMM vs Mugen Enging Mounts

Hi guys, Ive done a search, and read good things about ESMM mounts. Correct me if im wrong, ESMM mounts are added to stock mounts, whereas Mugen mounts are mounts themselves, so basically if one is to change to mugen mounts, u throw away the stock and completely swap the mounts. did i...
  8. T

kpro-ed, turning at very slow speed makes rpm drop to 500??

Hi all, i'd appreciate if any of you can tell me why. A bit of background about my "breathing" mods... (2002 itr): gruppe m intake, toda header, rm01a cat back exhuast... i have gotten it kpro-ed a while ago... it works great EXCEPT at very slow speed / even when the car is not moving, if i...
  9. T

Facelift body kits: Mugen vs Ings

I was never really a fan of Ings kit for the prefacelift. However I find this new version quite good looking... so i just wonder what you all would think between the 2, in terms of looks, and quality (mugen of course is high quality, but i dont know about ings) Also, if you look at the ings...
  10. T

Anyone used lowering springs on a Mugen suspension (fixed)?

i've read on the forum about lowering springs. It seems that the popular choices are Spoon and Eibach, with a few using Tein. But the users seem to have these springs installed on stock dampers... has anyone had experience with the (fixed) mugen suspension, yet they find the car not low enough...
  11. T

How stupid to trade-in (pre face)dc5 for brand new dc5?

Hi all, first question, anyone knows when is the last day of production of dc5 in Japan? Apparently, i just saw (in person) a brand new black dc5 type r. They claim it to be 2007 production but i thought production ended in 06 sometime? second question: if i am able to get the VIN code, will...
  12. T

Questions on mugen body kit Pre VS Facelift

When comparing the pre and facelifted body kit, please correct me if wrong with the following: Front Bumper: pre and facelift versions are Different Hood: pre and facelift versions are SAME Side Skirts: pre and facelift versions are SAME Back lip (added below the rear bumper): pre doesnt have...
  13. T

Old dc5 to facelifted dc5 transformation project

Hi all, before any of you scream at me for doing so, please hear my reasons. Rite now i have a 2002 championship white dc5 type r, bought it in 2004 and hence i had it for a bit more than 2 yrs by now. The white paint on my car has deteriorated and look slightly yellowish... + all thanks to...
  14. T

mugen or gruppe M intake if have mugen front bumper

Hi all, ive read all good things about gruppe m intake, and the gains with a mugen intake is negligible... however, correct me if im wrong, at the back of my mind i think ive read someone saying that mugen intake is only good if you have a mugen front bumper... so my question is as the topic...
  15. T

Fujitsubo RM01A or HKS Hi Power

Hi all, Im choosing between these 2 exhausts. In terms of cost, they are similar with RM01A slightly more $$ (but the difference is negligible) hence im wondering if any of you have tried both? whats the difference because of the unique design of the hks hi power, correct me if wrong, it...
  16. T

Tanabe Sustec Pro 7

Hi guys, anyone heard of these or have been on these? Apparently, according to the guy that sells them here its a new product from Tanabe. And i may get a chance to grab a discount on them if i let them put it on and do a few photo shots for product promotion (well, of course they will test...
  17. T

Power loss, help!

Hi all, thanks to those that help me cure the sudden jerk at high rpm last time, u guys were right, i really gotta check my oil level more frequently. I didnt expect it to get so low after only 3500km...!! anyways, here is a new problem, which i encounter 3 times over the last month. The most...
  18. T

weird problem, pls help!

hi guys, ive recently exprienced a weird problem with my engine, it doesnt happen frequently, only every once in a while but enought to annoy me or get me worried... when my dc5R is driven hard, only happens with 2nd gear btw. For example, when i am coming out of a turn and im stepping hard on...
  19. T

what to get for my ride if going to tokyo?

hi all, just wondering whether any parts for my ride (dc5 R) is especially cheap if i buy it locally in tokyo. fyi, i have no modifications yet, therefore purely stock set up. in the coming future, looking to modify in the following order: suspension, then exhuast+intake... any recommendations...