Search results

1. A

Removing boot gas struts?

Do the boot gas struts just clip off and the new ones on? Had a quick go a few mins ago but dark and on own so didn't want to drop boot (had it propped up). I also don't want to damage the new ones in ignorance. The old ones don't seem too keen to come off. Any advice?
  2. A

Boot gas struts

My non c-pack (no wiper) boot won't stay up anymore. Honda are a bit pricey for new gas stuts (oddly right and left are different prices :xconfused: ). I've seen some on e-bay for £30 but am worried they may be near EOL also. Anyone know where to get some replacements that won't break the...
  3. A

HELP!…My gears have just vanished.

I just parked my car at home after reversing into my old space. I got out with the engine still running checking I had got fully back into the space. When I got back in I went to select a gear to find there were none. The gear stick isn‘t exactly loose but it moves around freely with no hint of...
  4. A

Flat front tyre. Used spare on front. Now getting a "judder"

I got a flat front right a few weeks back. I put the spare on the front for my journey home of about 25 miles. The next day I got 2x new front tyres but they switched the back wheels to the front so the new went on the back. After the car was pulling to the left and had a judder mid to high...
  5. A

Hazard lights have stopped working.

At first I thought it was my indicators but then I noticed the hazard light button was pressed in (and they don't work when it is). My indicators work fine but the hazards don't. I'm gonna have a look tomorrow but does anyone have any info to point me in the right direction e.g which...
  6. A

Part needed for front brake calliper

I posted in the brakes section but was thinking a post in the main forum would be seen by more people. Please have a look at: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27082
  7. A

Retaining clip/bracket needed for front brembo calliper.

It seems some nob in the past managed to rip 1/3 off the metal retaining bracket that screws in and sits either side of the brake pad. Anyone know what the part is or where to get it? Photos not that great sorry. The good side - poor quality The bad side The broken bracket
  8. A

Loud rhythmic humming noise mainly when I lift off?

Originally I noticed it at very low speed when pulling into my drive but it started getting worse. I took it to a garage where they examined for a while and couldn’t replicate it. After a bit of prompting by me they got it to produce the noise. They couldn’t work out what it was...
  9. A

Anyone know anythoing about this FD2? I could be tempted.

Anyone know anything about this FD2? I'm a bit interested. http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/787628.htm It's not been undersealed. Is that bad at this mileage? Would it be ok if it was done now + what is approx cost? Am I better waiting a while longer for more bargains to come along? Or is the...
  10. A

MOT Fail on rear brake discs.

Just failed MOT on rear brake discs. To be fair they do look a bit worn. I had new ferodo dsc2500 pads at TDI last November (pads alone were 65.37 + vat). The MOT place quoted about £100 for new discs AND pads + fitting (I may be wrong but thats what the guy suggested). I provisionally...
  11. A

CEL + gear + bodywork problems. My teg needs an overhaul.

I have a few problems that are starting to bug me and could do with fixing. I’m not very mechanical. The CEL light has been on for about a year. Error code at service was P1166 = Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction (lambda sensor?). The cars performance is...
  12. A

Thinkin of goin to the dark side?

Had a chance to drive a mates EVO the other day. Was quite impressed. Been thinkin of gettin a new car for a few months now but been struggling with what to get (was thinkin 350z few months ago but it's not that practical). In the past I did a lot of mileage which kinda ruled an EVO out. Now GF...
  13. A

URGENT help req RE fog light

My MOT runs out on 22nd and tax ends 31st Aug. Can't get tax as MOT needs to be valid when it starts. I was gonna take it for MOT today so did a few checks to ensure wouldn't fail on anything stupid. I found the fog light was kaput. Took it apart and it's corroded to bits. Model is Jokon...
  14. A

FD2 and DC5 drag race

Dunno if this has been posted before. Done a bit of searching and came across this. Seems to be a lot of vids etc floating around showing the FD2 toasting pretty much anything. Surely it's can't be faster than NSX/EVO etc. http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=192 Does anyone know...
  15. A

R coming off under gear stick. Any ideas?

Only noticed today. Another thing to add to the to do list. How do you replace this bit or can I just paint it? If so what kind of paint would work/bond? Normal model shop paint?
  16. A

Will this stuff be any good?

Was in Costco the other day. Been using that Millers stuff but saw this.
  17. A

This made me laugh!

http://www.safe2travel.co.uk/speeding/testimonials.html Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
  18. A

What could be causing this speedos/engine problem?

Recently my speedo has been acting up. Most of the time it is fine. Occasionally it goes haywire, jumping all over the place for a few seconds. Now and then it will simply fall to zero for a while before eventually picking back up again. Sometimes when this has happenes the CEL light has come...
  19. A

Repair rust area in the boot or not?

Car recently had bumper sprayed and it think they must have knocked something cos it started letting water into the boot. Eventually got it back in and they said it was coming in around the light (but wasn't caused by them.......yeah whatever) and is fixed now (and for gratis...how kind!). The...
  20. A

Wipers

Anyone heard of Valeo wiper blades? Rang a local car shop asking for PIAA and he tried to tell me these are better. They are the market leader in fact!?! http://www.valeowipersusa.com/index.asp If they are crap/signif worse anyone know a shop that sells PIAA's near St Helens. Struggling to...