Search results

1. redcap

How to change the rear badge?

I couldn‘t find a how to or any description of how to change the rear badge by searching the forum. Can anyone who has done this tell me how to do it as I don‘t want to do any unessesary damage in the process. I‘m presuming that the plastic boot trim needs to be carefully removed to access and...
  2. redcap

Start Button (Honda Access Kit) & EP3 Fog Switch Illumination?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these illuminated? I fitted them years ago but they have never been illuminated. So it‘s probably about time I sorted it out! 😆
  3. redcap

Please Delete

Please delete
  4. redcap

My Steering Wheel Re-Trim

Only taken me about 2 years to get round do doing this but here‘s my re-trimmed steering wheel from Royal Steering Wheels. Anyone else finding the thickness of theirs a bit weird?
  5. redcap

Brake pad part numbers?

Can anyone tell me what the correct part numbers are for these pads? OEM Brembo Rear Pads (P28022) Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads (Honda FCP1561H) I have purchased both of these but I suspect that they may not be the correct pads. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  6. redcap

Error code P0118

Anyone had this error code? P0118 Engine coolant temp Circuit high input How to resolve the issue? I haven't checked the coolant level but I recently had a service so I would have thought that would have been checked. Do I just need to top up the coolant or is it another issue?
  7. redcap

What oil are you using?

As per title, I'm curious to see what engine oils are being used by fellow DC5 owners. I'm due a service and have been using Fuchs Titan Race Pro S although I'm not 100% sure if it is 5w 40 or 10w 40 I bought.
  8. redcap

K-Tuned coil pack cover

Anyone know where I can source one for a reasonable price?
  9. redcap

HID K Rating Information

I've been looking in to getting some replacement HID D2R bulbs, I thought as I guess a lot of other people do that the K rating indicated the brightness but as it turns out it only relates to the colour of the bulb. This might not be news to some of you but thought i'd share this info anyway...
  10. redcap

4 Channel Amp under passenger seat?

Don't suppose anyone that has done this could give any advice? If so do you know what the maximum dimensions are for what could be fitted in the space under the seat? Being a bit lazy but if anyone knows the info it would be handy! Anything to know/look out for? I've been looking at various...
  11. redcap

Thinking of selling up, will I regret it?

I've been thinking about selling the DC5 a lot recently, there isn't much that takes my fancy but an S2000 or 350Z is probably the sort of route I'm thinking of going. Obviously these cars are going to be different to the DC5 to drive and running costs will probably be slightly higher. I'm...
  12. redcap

PRC Kpro advice

I have a PRC Kpro from another DC5. It was mapped by TDi North for CAI, RBC, Decat, Cat Back. I have run it in my car with OEM air box, PRC, Cat, Spoon Cat back. All seemed to be ok but the car was idling at low rpm, it would consistently drop below 800rpm sometimes down to 500rpm and would...
  13. redcap

ESMM insert fitting

Can these be fitted one at a time without anything moving? I fancy fitting the ones that are in the engine bay myself, i may have to get a garage to do the ones that are accessable from under the car? This is a bit of a dumb request but can someone post pics of the ones that are in the engine...
  14. redcap

Fitting RBC

Anyone DIY'd it? If so how easy/hard was it to do? Anything in particular to be aware of? This has probably been covered but I've not found much fitting info when searching?
  15. redcap

NRG polished bonnet dampers

Anyone got these? Just ordered some and wondered if anyone has them? If so are they a good fit and are they up to the job?
  16. redcap

Brake Disc's and Pads = Compatibility issues?

Anyone else run in to specific problems? Just fitted MTec Grooved Disc's Mintex 1144 Pad's Problem I had is either the Pads or Disc's were too thick. Is this a common issue? I had to belt sand 2mm off each pad for them to go in the calipers. They were 12mm to start with so I was surprised to...
  17. redcap

Broken Electric Window! Help Please?

Has anyone else had their electric window mechanism break? Mine went on the way to work today, put it on auto down, heard a crunch and then it came back up a bit now the window doesn't go up or down. I have removed the door card but it is hard to see what components attach the motor to the...
  18. redcap

Restricting engine movement, Engine mounts again!

I'm going to be doing some mods which will mean that I need to restrict engine movement, I've had a search and read some interesting threads on here but I'd like to ask some questions regarding this, hopefully someone can give some advice other than just saying use the search function on here? I...
  19. redcap

Rolling rear arches

Anyone done this? How much is it likely to cost? Can anyone recommend a garage that can do it around the Surrey area?
  20. redcap

Where to attach the lap belt of a 4 point harness?

Can anyone shed any light on this as the thread is too small on the seat rail to fit an eye bolt to, where or how have you attached them? Thanks