Search results

1. JDC5

Removing the steering wheel

Hi all Just need a step by step guide on how this is done please.. I mean I'm more worried about the airbag deploying so any help would be greatly appreciated ... Anyway to disabling the airbag? Thanks all J Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. JDC5

How much is it worth?

Just need some advice as my car will be up for sale but as it's a Cat C now I just want to know how much it's still worth. The damage was only to the Driver side steering arm was snapped and the front bumper and wing damaged. All parts have been replaced and car has been fully repaired...
  3. JDC5

12v lighter?

Need some help.. I'm confused why my 12v lighter socket just stopped working... I have checked the fuse box under the steering wheel, it's the location 8 20a one. Pulled that out and it seems fine, I even replaced it with a brand new one thinking it might be something I couldn't see, again...
  4. JDC5

Spark plugs

My car was running a grade higher spark plug as my car was charged. Now I'm going back to a standard performs will I need to change the spark plugs back to standard ones? Or will I be ok running these one still? Out of interest what oncea are the standards one? Also, the engine oil I used was...
  5. JDC5

Car been off road for a while

Car has been off road for a while.. Am looking to bring it back to life just need some help and advise on a few things - how you you drain out the power steering fluid? - how do you drain out the coolant fluid? Thanks all
  6. JDC5

sad times...

Well just as my car was in the for sale section it was involved in an accident and now the car will be a Cat C, I couldnt let the insurance company take my car as salvage so I will keep it and will try to repair it plus convert the car back to standard and sell it. Just want to ask... How...
  7. JDC5

Secondary 02 lamba sensor

This is my second sensor and for about £190 it's quite an expensive replacement every time. Had to turn the sensor off and have noticed bad MPG now so what to fix it. Just want to know if there is an cheaper alternative to use then an Honda one ? Or any where I can get one for cheap either a...
  8. JDC5

LSD oil change

Need some help and guide all. Car has done 97k and it's time for a major service. One of the main thing I want to know is that how do I change the LSD oil? Where is the LSD oil drain located? Where is the inlet for oil to go in? How much would I need? I take it the honda MTF3 is ok to use...
  9. JDC5

LPG conversion ???

Since fitted the charger I never took notice of the MPG as I was doing long distance travels but lately I've been doin alot of short runs and the MPG is terrible!!! Lol Some suggested to me about looking to get an LPG conversion, my research began and the LPG goes into the high powered EVO's...
  10. JDC5

Passenger footwell alot of water?

A few days ago i notice that under the mat of the passenger side footwell there has been alot of water built up there, it covers the whole footwell and I dont know where to being to find out where it's coming from... any ideas?? even during the very hot days we been having it's still reallt...
  11. JDC5

5w50 any problems?

Hi all Just wondering if anyone is running 5w50 oil? It's just that I've always put in Pro S 5w40 but I seem to b topping up at te end of every week. My car is supercharged so i know it gets very hot under the bonnet, so would I run into in problems if I did use 5w50 oil instead of 5w40? Is...
  12. JDC5

Leaking oil cooler pipes

My oil cooler pipes are leaking to where it attach to the cooler matrix, it's a Mocal one. What's the best sealant to use, I checked on the loctite website and there is too much products to choose from... Can anybody recommend me which one to go for? Or know of which on to use to seal the...
  13. JDC5

Engine oil temperature

Just a quick question. How hot does the engine oil get? Below 150'c or above 150'c for example? (I need to buy some loctite threadlocker for my oil cooler pipes and need to see which one can handle the heat) Thanks
  14. JDC5

Which way does the clutch plate sit??

Just got my new Competiton Clutch Stage 4. Need so help with it as the instructions are very plain. I just want to know which way does the clutch plate side inside the flywheel and housing. here are some pictures to get a better understanding of what i mean. is it this way ..... or...
  15. JDC5

Where do I start?

Well as the topic says really..... Where do I start as the car has been in the garage for about 8 months now and it's time to get the car back on the road. In the past I had made sure I came to see the car and kept it running for about 10min and then locked it away but with my DC5 I haven't...
  16. JDC5

fitting clutch in essex?

hi all recently got my new clutch but need a good garage that is close so I can fit it as the car hardly drives. ideally in Essex ? Anyone know a place? thanks
  17. JDC5

curse HID's again

Well... One of the HID light went out the other day so i though i check to see if it was the bulb or ballast, as i removed the other one the HID bulb had a crack in it already... so i never know if it was the bulbs or not. I can get replacement bulbs for about under £20 but i did some more...
  18. JDC5

what engine mounts???

That time has come today to get some new engine mounts to replace my worn standard honda ones... I've been looking and doing some research and have come to a conclusion that its either innovative or avid mounts the versions i'm going for will be the 75a as my car is supercharged and need all...
  19. JDC5

carbonetic Clutch

Hi all I got a Carbonetic Carbon single race clutch fitted to my car and was wondering can i buy just the carbon plate to replace it as the clutch is slipping very bad! Cos to replace the whole clutch is very costly! Cheers all
  20. JDC5

Crazy idea?

As my car is getting a full bodyrespray was thinking will red wing mirrors work on CW with black carbon roof and bonnet, my wheels are red so was think it can match... Yes or no? Cheers all