Search results

1. P

small aircon switch annoyance

Yes I would also like to know how to cancel the auto air con. Link doesn't work by the way. Bloody hell its been ages since i've been on here.... :wink: Paul
  2. P

Female DC5 + Blade owner-Norwich + Notts

Yeah I think I might have seen him/her before, (that is the A38 isn't it?). Not seen for a long while though.
  3. P

Female DC5 + Blade owner-Norwich + Notts

Hey Huthwaite girl. Embarrassingly I'm just down the road in Kirkby 8-[ :oops: Nice to see a fine chick with a DC5 and a proper bike. Not seen any white tegs knocking around though....... Awesome! Stay Cool x
  4. P

Automatic aircon? Turning it off?

Yayy! Cheers man! See if it works. Knowing me i'll prob blow my ECU up or something.
  5. P

Automatic aircon? Turning it off?

Actually i'd like to know this as well. I think i read on here years ago that there is a way. Come on, don't you think its annoying when the car just assumes you want AC just cos you've selected windscreen. :evil:
  6. P

DC5 Rear discs

Sorry Lee :oops: Just for peoples info DC5 rear disks are not the same as the EP3s, fell into this trap this week. Seems DC5s run a wider rear track a so the disks have a deeper hub dimension (from front face to the disk itself). £40 a piece from honda.
  7. P

Pulling to the left

Seems it was a tyre problem. The alignment reset did nothing, but then when i changed my fronts and rears round it totally cured it. Seems DC5s don't work well when rotating your tyres, i'll keep them where they are in future.
  8. P

Pulling to the left

Cheers for the offer mate, i'll take it for a geo check, see if anything crops up first.
  9. P

Pulling to the left

Yep, seems i've run into this problem also, same symptoms as said. I've had a new pair of Goodyear F1 Asymetrics, rotating the tyres so the new pair are on the rears as i always do. Had the tracking checked twice. I've found new tyres on the rear always feel wierd for a couple of hundred miles...
  10. P

She is Finally here

Whats your trade then mate. Zero to being able to afford a gallardo in 3 years is pretty impresive.
  11. P

Oil advice for modifiers

I've got a question now. Is oil consumption actually a bad thing? Is it even expected for our type of engine? It seem people run 10w/60 to quell the consumption as it's a thicker oil. I've recently changed from 5w/30 Shell Helix Ultra VX to 5w/40 Silkolene Pro S for this very reason, i figured...
  12. P

speaker size???

Does anyone know what the max mounting depth front and rear are. Any actual recomendations for speakers as well.
  13. P

New CAR TAX rates in 2008 Budget!!

Looks like it's not kicking in till march then. I was actually wondering about this.
  14. P

supra's or r33 gtr anybody??

Surprised at this. Mind you i suppose it mainly boils down to the power they are running.
  15. P

castrol edge oil

A 0w/40 will be fine. It's just slightly thinner than a 5w/40 when cold, (meaning it will pump round the engine quicker), but then only thin down to the same viscosity at running temperature. I've just switched to a 5w/40 due to consumption being a bit high on a 5w/30.
  16. P

£400 TAX.. is this right?

Band G was originally for cars 225+ and reged after march '06, but i thought they had backsteped on this on the new taxing and made it anything over 225 from march '01, basically meaning some cars (MK4 R32 Golfs for eg.) tax are gonna double from £210 to £400. Are they now maintaining the...
  17. P

Selling??

My that was one cheap DC5, cheapest i've heard anyway. Didn't realise they were clocking such big milages as well. 90k...120k I thought mine was going towards high at 45k.
  18. P

£400 TAX.. is this right?

One of the first questions i asked when looking round for a DC5 was "is the car in tax band G" If the answer was "yes" i didn't want the car, simple as that. I'd like to know how they are banded. Is it a case of each individual car being tested as they are imported or are these "model reports"...
  19. P

Orange thing!

So is this what's supposed to be in the clip in the passenger footwell?
  20. P

Servicing? When?

The thing about car service is to take it to somebody you trust. I'm lucky as one of my mates is an independant, he does everything for me and i certainly trust him more than the straight out of school/college looking lads that work at my local honda dealer. Half the labour rates as well. As...