Search results

1. Zani

Auto electrician - Berkshire

Hi guys, Can anyone recommend a good auto-electrician who will travel to Slough - SL1? I need some anti-theft wizardry done to my brothers Focus RS. Many thanks Mark
  2. Zani

Wet headliner

Hi everyone, please see photo below, I have just noticed my headliner is getting very wet when it rains, it is the same on both sides. Is this a windscreen bonding failure?
  3. Zani

Water bead-age

Washed the car yesterday, the protection from 4 weeks ago is rather impressive. Sonax brilliant shine detailer Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  4. Zani

Voltmeter - Installation

Hi every one, I have bought a digital voltmeter, and not wanting to route the wires through bulkhead to the battery, can I just wire this directly to the back for the cigarette lighter? - Will this show me volts increase when engine off to running - So I know alternator is charging the battery...
  5. Zani

Solid Fabrications. Exhaust.. any one have one?

Hi guys, I currently have a kakimoto cat back with a dc sports manifold. I've had it a few years and although it sounds amazing I feel now that it's too loud for day to day use. (I'm getting old!) Has any one got a system done by Alan of Solid fabrications? I would like to hear what the...
  6. Zani

Faulty MFactory sump plug

So I wondered why each time I serviced the DC5 I had oil dripping from the plug... well here is why! - does any one know an email address for mfactory Europe? - I bought this through this forum when mfactory was a trader on here. Thanks Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  7. Zani

Got my teg mapped

Hey guys, So a little background information on the car... i originally had it mapped by tdi-north in 2008 with the following mods: Gruppe m Rbc Dc sports manifold Super sprint b pipe Spoon n1 back box Kpro - it made 248 on their rollers. A few years ago my baffles went in the spoon so i...
  8. Zani

Interior Light / Alarm issues

Hi guys, I have done a search and it seems my fault has not come up yet. Help is greatly appreciated. - Interior light does not turn off when I lock the car. - It does turn off when I turn engine on. - Engine on, both doors will switch the interior light on. If I manually turn the light...
  9. Zani

Want a little giggle?

So basically I'm bored at work, surfing the net, when I stumble upon this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181009492422&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 The seller quite clearly stating "250 BHP" As all I could see was an exhaust, still had factory airbox, intake...
  10. Zani

Reverse lights don't work

Hi guys, I had the car in for some work recently. The engine was removed with gearbox for this. Upon picking the car up I noticed the reverse lights weren't working. The garage checked: bulbs (fine) loom in boot (fine) reverse light sensor on gearbox (replaced with another) They then...
  11. Zani

Grinding noise, front near side

Hi guys, aiming to look at it this weekend but would like some feed back if any one has previously encountered this problem. I have a rotating grinding noise coming from what I think is the front nearside area... cant say if its from the wheel itself or possibly where the drive shaft meets the...
  12. Zani

HID Kit

Hi guys, I will be fitting a 55w HID Kit (6000k) to the teg this week. Seeing as there is no information of people doing this, hopefully my lights will be brighter then oem but I will let you know how it turns out.
  13. Zani

RE070 Tread Wear Bars

Hi guys, am i right in saying these have two wear bar indicators? one being a warning the other being an approx 1.6mm? My fronts seem to have around 2mm left, the first wear bar is smooth with the tyre the 2nd is not far off. ... just so I've got a better idea of when i need to put the new...
  14. Zani

Santa Pod 22.02.09

Hi Guys, I finally broke into the 13's !!! ... after getting a 14.07, 14.05 and a 14.04 I finally got a 13.97 Pretty Chuffed!!! :D
  15. Zani

Check Engine Light code 38

Hi guys, as previously posted, I've been having some temperamental problems... Checked code today while the engine is running... (the light doesn't come on if the engine isnt running) Cant find anything for a Cel 38? any one? The car hits the rev limiter at 3800 ish Any ideas? ***...
  16. Zani

Safe mode, engine check light

Hi guys, i put a post up here before about my car coming up with an engine check light then going into safe mode... but i have quite an important update. This only happens when i put petrol in and drive away! Thinking back the last few times ive filled up, started the car drove off... there...
  17. Zani

Safe mode?

Hi guys, started my car one evening as per usual... except this time my engine check light came on. Thought it was the o2 sensor at first as this has happened twice before... Untill the revs wouldnt go past 4800 or so in every gear At the traffic lights, left the engine off... then started...
  18. Zani

cigarette lighter no power

Hi guys, upon trying to charge my phone the other day it didnt work... i thought this was down to the cheap charger i bought from hongkong... so it went swifty in the bin... ... the next day i went to charge the tom tom and that didnt work either. So there is no power coming from my cigarette...
  19. Zani

ABS problems

Ok people, would like some help please: My ABS light would come on during ignition checks, then go out when the engine started as per normal... When i would pull away and come to my first stop... ABS would cut in even if im braking gently, then when i've stopped the ABS light would go on and...
  20. Zani

Santa Pod time slip issue... any one else had this?

Went and had some fun at the pod yesterday with a few friends. Ran a 14.03 (as shown by the digital display - friends call me and told me) but my time slip said 15.**** ??? whats going on here?