Search results

1. N

About to buy...

Search the forum...a fair number of people have asked about buying etc...those with the know how have posted plenty about what to look for etc etc.
  2. N

About to buy...

Yeah....thats understandable!!! Location is a pain for me, the cul-de-sac of Cumbria, not an easy place to get too just for a peek, it really seems to be against me jus now!!! I got the car from Aberdeen...didnt look at her at all, just relied on pics and info and got a transport company to...
  3. N

About to buy...

Some must haves to mod your car..... KPro ECU... GruppeM Filter... BuddyClub Exhaust... TODA Manifold... Eibach Springs... HA HA...I'm selling my DC5, White, with all of the above and some... Have a ponder over to the 'For Sale' section!!!
  4. N

Advice req...Ebay buyer & Trade options

Looked the bloke up on other forums. He has bought before and each deal has gone through smooth...money safely transfered etc. Must be some sort of dealer???? Is it really difficult for our foreign cousins to import 'good' cars??? I looked on an Evo site and some blokes on there had sold their...
  5. N

The bloke says he has bought 13 cars from the UK, the last one a Skyline R33 which he paid for in full via paypal before picking up...he has offered a £5k deposit by PayPal, rest on pick up...he has even give me his facebook name so I can look at the UK cars he has bought. Maybe a French...
  6. N

Hi folks.... Just need a bit of input from some of the wise and experienced car junkies on this forum!!! I have my car listed on Ebay (the cringes start already!) and have plenty of experience in ebay selling and buying. I also have loads of experience in noticing scam emails etc...but this...
  7. N

Insurance screw job???

Ok...time for renewel. I get that the premiums have gone up a bit and accept that. Mine is up by around £60 with APlan, and I have called the usual Sky, Adrian Flux etc and they aint goin to beat it. Where I see a screw job though is that in a month or two I will definately have sold my DC5, I...
  8. N

Drivers door lock totally stiff!!

Cool. I'll be finding a locksmith then!!! Thanks. Hiya mate...hows things? Will be selling, yes. Need a diesel (leon cupra seems to be the choice at the moment)!!! Just want to sort out a few little niggles first...you know how fussy people are when buying these things!!!
  9. N

Drivers door lock totally stiff!!

Hi there peeps. Got an issue which I have had for some time but finally had a chance to have a look on Saturday...of course, I didn't fix it!!! My drivers lock is rock hard stiff...wont turn at all when the key is put in. On saturday I took me door card off and unclipped the lock from the...
  10. N

What MPG are you getting?

I get around 30mpg...thats on A roads in South Cumbria...which means you usually get stuck behind some slo-mo for a bit, get an opportunity to Vtech overtake, have a quick blast..then get stuck again!!! So a good mix bag of driving. I think the DC5 has awesome MPG on the motorway. Having to go...
  11. N

Best place to purchase parts?

Just got my front discs from Steels Honda...only 1 day after ordering!!! A pair cost me £93.62...thats inc. VAT, delivery etc. Call on 01432 267 151
  12. N

Sub box install for the DC5

........so long as you have enough square space for the bass to pound properly!!! I have a similar item on my car, except mine doesn't look like it has quite as much 'air' space as yours, and my 12" sub struggles with lack of 'air' to shift!!! They are good units though, great space savers...
  13. N

NGS Bodykit on Ebay

Is it not the INGS kit??? A few cars on here have them, I reckon they are the nicest piece for these cars by a mile. I have the side skirts, whicj alone look uber cool...and give a great low ride look. Only thing is the front bumper is low and sticks out further at the bottom front....watch...
  14. N

2009/10 insurance...

Ah well, I have had enough for today. So far, seems like I am going sub £600, which is impressive as last year I battled to get down to £800! They are all shutting now, I'll pester some more on Friday morning!! Right, time to play Football Manager for the rest of the night...........
  15. N

2009/10 insurance...

Cool. Just did that....£912.45...that's a no too!!!
  16. N

2009/10 insurance...

Hmmmm...always thought these online quotes were a waste of time really...but, I tried it anyway. £1958.45........that's a no!!!
  17. N

2009/10 insurance...

That time of year again! I did this kinda post last year...I find them great to see how quotes differ...and hopefully a great help to those who wonder who to try, or if it is worth phoning around (!). Last year I did all the usual suspects, but one which never gets a mention on this board came...
  18. N

Dyno Charts!!

You serious? That sounds awesome. I would love to do more to the motor...will have to pay our holiday off first...then the new kitchen...and having kept the missus happy, I reckon I will be onto a winner!!! Aight :wink:
  19. N

Anyone viewing SR51 KNG (west yorkshire) or EJ52 UVU (essex)

I think people expect DC5's to be perfect in everyway...daft really, seen as some are now 8 years old!
  20. N

Black Smoke...

Ha Ha!! Didn't think of the leg pulling factor...very, very possible! :lol: Anyway, with a bit of hindsight, the car has only just been to TDi for a service and KPro retune etc, she has been driving as nice as ever...so I doubt there is anything too wrong... Thanks.