Search results

1. S

Help - Cam chain tensioner possibly?

Hi all, Since owning my car ive noticed its a little tappy sounding, mainly between 3-5000rpm. Its only quiet and doesnt get louder the more you rev etc. I thought the cam chain may be a little loose, or is it just me and all the K20a's are a little tappy just because of the nature of the...
  2. S

Drivers door open/closed sensor

Hi ive noticed that about 50% of the time when i lock my car i get 3 chirps from the alarm, i checked the manual and it says it does this when theres a door or boot open. So im guessing that my open/close sensor is on its way out, or may just need a clean possibly? Im 95% sure its the drivers...
  3. S

fuel efficiency

Hi, just had a quick search but couldnt find anything. I just want to know at what rpm is best to change gear for efficiency. Usually in my old cars (a 1.2 and a 1.6) ive always changed gear at around 2,000rpm thinking it was fairly efficient. Ive heard that the vtec engine runs very lean...
  4. S

slight knocking from front

Hi, ive noticed a knocking sound coming from the front of my car, possibly the drivers side but its only just started to develop so im not totally sure. It mainly seems to do it when in slow moving traffic, say in 2nd gear. When you start to accelerate theres a fairly quiet clunk noise, it...
  5. S

rear brake problem

I was driving my car and suddenly heard a loud prang from the rear wheel. the offside rear brake then made a schreeching noise and when I pressed the pedal there would be a vibration from the back. luckily I was just pulling up to my house. I took the wheel off and had a quick look and there's...
  6. S

any info on this car?

Hi all, still in the process of finding the right dc5. Ive seen this one come up on pistonheads, and im wondering if anybody on here knows of any history of the car, no plates in pictures unfortunately. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2595461.htm also does anybody know what bodykit this is...
  7. S

what do you think of this?

Hi Guys, currently looking at dc5's to purchase. Just asking what peoples thoughts are on this car, and whther they are on this forum? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2654822.htm seems really cheap for what it is, so i would assume theres no history from before it was imported or similar...
  8. S

new and looking for a dc5, what to look out for?

hi guys n girls, looking at getting a dc5 in the next few months, or when a stunner turns up near me! just want to know what i should be looking out for when i go out for some test drives, common faults etc. ive heard about seat bolsters sagging and lambda sensors often need replacing. Ive...