Search results

1. J

fn2 18" alloys help please

Can somebody please tell me what i will require to fit the above wheels to my dc5, ive heard i would require 3mm spacers on the front in order to clear the brembos is this correct? And can someone pls confirm the offset of these wheels i believe they are et 55?? Again would be greatful if...
  2. J

FRSU QUESTION

Hi guys, Ive recently had a frsu done but just wanted to know if i changed the wheels in the future and they were a different offset would i need to have it set up again? The wheels on it atm are 18"s and i would probably go 18"s again keeping the tyre sizes the same.
  3. J

Eibach pro spring kit and FRSU now done what a difference!!!

Hi guys, Just had the following work carried out on the teg and what a difference it has made the car feels so much better now alot less crashier than the oem springs but nice and stiff in the twisties will try and get some pics up this week as im off work-just need to give her a clean first lol.
  4. J

Thank F*$% it wasnt the teg!!!!

Hey guys, Was having a bad day as it was today, but was made worse with my journey home from work when some stupid cow decided to slam her brakes on for no apparent reason!!!! Needless to say i didnt stop so quick and skidded straight into the back of her only bonus being luckily i was driving...
  5. J

How to adjust headlights and what height should they be???

Hi guys just finished fitting a new 6000k hid kit and new main beam bulbs could somebody please tell me how to adjust them correctly. Can dipped be adjusted seperately to main or do you just do dipped or what? And what is correct height they should be adjusted to?? cheers
  6. J

Nightmare with cam cover

Been doing a few bits to my car this weekend and i was giving the engine bay abit of a clean up. Started looking quite good until i moved on to clean the cam cover and the paint just cracked away when i gave it a wipe off so now looks gash lol was completely chip free before, looks like ill be...
  7. J

New front H badge needed

Hi guys, had a productive day today managed to finally get around to fitting my aftermarket hid kit along with my new main beam bulbs but for now i have left the bumper off as im looking at doing a few other bits ie new front H badge question is where can i get one from do they sell geniune ones...
  8. J

Anyone in exeter area thats does frsu???

Hi guys, as the title says really? Looking at lowering my car soon but was wondering who to take it to to get it set up correctly??? Any recommendations? cheers
  9. J

H1 full beam upgrade bulbs?

Hi guys, received my new 6k hid kit today but once i get the lights out im thinking of upgrading the full beam bulbs aswell anyone got any good options? been looking at the osram night breakers and the new osram cool blue hyper white 5000k, thing is i am trying to match my new 6k hids but not...
  10. J

missing jack??

Hi guys, Was looking around my car the other day and relised im missing my jack unless its kept in some hidden place im unaware off??? So question is wheres the best place to pick one up from and does it need to be dc5 specific or does it share the shame one as say an ep3 type r????
  11. J

Hid headlight problem

Hi this has probably been covered a million times so i apologise in advance have searched it quite abit but not finding the answers im after. So here goes i got in my car this morning and went to turn my lights on and my drivers side low beam (hid) started flickering then stopped working now...
  12. J

Drivers side seat belt getting slow to retract?

Hi guys, Noticed my drivers side seatbelt is starting to get abit lazy lol, Its not to bad just starting to retract quite slowly towards the top anyone else had this prob? Is there anything i can do to sort this out? or would it be a replacement job? Phoned main dealer and they want £300 for a...
  13. J

Anyone Tried Autoglym Radiant Wax Polish??

Hi was just wondering if anyone had tried out this product and if so is it any good??? Somebody recommended it to me the other day but i had to look it up as had never heard of it before, even though i use quite alot of autoglym products. From what ive read about it so far it sounds amazing only...
  14. J

SKY INSURANCE WHAT A BEEPING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone to this disgraceful insurance company, what a complete joke they are! I was with them last yr and was happy with the price, was told my renewal wouldnt be the usual bump in price like they all seem to do for a consecutive yr. Well got my renewal price through and 'shock'...
  15. J

Nice surprise when fitting my new do luck filter!

Fitted my new do luck power filter today with the intention of perhaps doing the hondata airbox mod also, but to my surprise a previous owner must have already done it so saved me a job RESULT!!!! :xgrin:
  16. J

sooooooooooooooooo urineed off!

I give up!!!!!! after just recently having a ding taken out my door due to some idiot opening his door into mine, i now have not 1 not 2 but 3 new ones all in my rear quarter panel. My car was left at my sisters yesterday parked up on the street not near any other cars etc. Anyway we went out...
  17. J

Bulb Questions

Hi guys and gals was hoping somebody could help me out first off all i would like to change my horrible yellow sidelights to some led's what would you guys recommend?? To change the sidelight bulbs does the front bumper have to be removed or is it just when the main low beams need replacing...
  18. J

valve clearance advice needed

Hi guys, Been looking back through my cars history cant see if its ever had the valve clearances done?? I realise these are suppose to be done at 25,000 mile intervals my car has done 62,000 miles it has probably been done somewhere along the lines. The thing is the engine is very quiet not...
  19. J

why cant people be more careful opening their doors!!!!!!!!

So annoyed had some goon put a ding in my door today in a car park after only owning my car for like 3 weeks. Im usually very careful where i park as im sure many of you guys are? but only went into a shop for five minutes so thought i would be safe WRONG came out to see some idiot had dinged my...
  20. J

Just playing around with different wheel ideas

Just playing around with different wheel ideas and wondered what you guys thought all the following are rotas.