Search results

1. M

Original DC5 Calibration/Map

Hi, Got my car running at last and unfortunately it still has the really irritating sensitive part throttle at low speeds! It will buck and is a complete PITA to drive in traffic. My previous one with the stock map was perfectly smooth and felt great to drive. Unfortunately I don't have the...
  2. M

DC5 Heater Hoses

Hello, I had to cut mine to get them off when doing the engine bay refresh, has anybody seen anywhere that sells OEM or aftermarket ones? Cheers!
  3. M

How to become a trader on here?

Hello, Had a quick look and couldn't find anything but how to become a trader on here? I think it is about time I post up some information about my company, what products I sell and more specifically the Honda parts I make :) Any information on the above is appreciated, thanks!
  4. M

DC5 vs EP3 Track Rod Ends

Hi, Does anybody know the exact differences between the two? I ask as I have ordered Hardrace DC5 track rod ends a few months back and have an issue, I was just going through and torqueing/tightening all the bolts and found that the track rod end split pin hole sits approx. 5-10mm below the...
  5. M

Weight Saving Suggestions

Hi, I am applying Colin Chapmans philosophy: "Simplify, then add lightness.", to my own car to help increase performance everywhere. The aim is to get it to sub 1100kg for now whilst keeping a stock appearance from the outside and without going as far as gutting the interior etc. Currently I...
  6. M

DC5 Radiator same as Civic EP3?

Hey guys, Does anybody know if the EP3 radiator will fit the DC5, is it the same? I am looking out for a replacement OEM radiator as they weigh less than the big alloy aftermarket ones and am trying to keep the car as light as possible, any help is greatly appreciated!
  7. M

Aftermarket DC5 Parts Ideas

Hi guys, I am starting to move into offering custom made parts for the DC5/CTR and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on anything else that would be worth looking into for these cars. This is what I am working on at the moment: I currently sell: K20 Spark Plug Cover - sheet metal...
  8. M

R888's 245mm Width

Yo mofo's I am looking to get some sticker tyres for Drag Racing and am considering soft compound R888's in 245/40 or 245/45 r16's, has anybody had any experience with fitting this size of tyre under a stock arch? I am looking to mount them on old school 16" Supra alloys which have an offset of...
  9. M

DC5 Alternator

Hello, Where is the cheapest place to buy a new DC5 alternator, and are they the same as the EP3? Cheers!
  10. M

Brembo Refurb or Upgrade to Big Brake kit....

Alrite fella's, So in a bit of a predicament, I have sent my Brembo's off for refurb and got a quote for £380! I was ecpecting to pay only a couple hundred quid for a strip down, replace any worn components, and then powdercoat to factory red with new decals! So now that leaves me with a...
  11. M

DC5 Electronic Power Steering Conversion Questions

Yo guys, Just working on converting my DC5 to EPS using the rack from the Civic EP3: For those guys whom have done the mod, ie to fit ITB's, reduce parasitic drag, or just wanted a cleaner engine bay, where did you run the cables through the firewall for the EPS ECU? I am unsure if I am...
  12. M

Anybody played with Nitrous?

Hi, My last Honda had a Supercharged K20 in it, and I know for a fact once I get the DC5 running that i'll want a bit more power, even though the supercharger whine was great it wasn't a substitute for the glorious induction noise you get with a Gruppe M for example. So short of going for a...
  13. M

Taking engine out, any general maintenance recommended?

Hi guys, I am taking the engine/box out for the reasons outlined below and I was wondering if there is any general maintenance that I should consider doing at the same time? new timing chain ARP head studs head gasket All new seals and gaskets - quite a lot of oil on the outside of the head...
  14. M

RBC IM Upgrade

Hi Guys, I am contemplating a few choice upgrades for the DC5, the car was remapped with KPro, a CAI prior to purchase and orignally had a 2.5" BC exhaust, now back to OEM. I need to hook up my AF Gauge to see what change the OEM exhaust has made to the AF ratios'. The previous owners dyno...
  15. M

What can get rid of gear shifter slack?

Hello, Noticed there is a little bit of play in my gear shifter, could be from worn out bushings, cables, the shifter itself etc? What have people done to tighten up the gearshift? For example, I have seen K-Tuned do spherical shifter bushings, anybody fitted these?
  16. M

OEM Exhaust

Hello, Just picked up an ITR DC5 and it has come with an asbo loud Buddy Club exhaust, I much prefer the intake sound you get with aftermarket induction kits! I am looking to put the car back to stock exhaust wise and I was wondering if anybody has an OEM exhaust system laying around? I will...
  17. M

Clunking coming from rear engine mount?

Hello, I have a clunking coming from the engine during acceleration and lift off from what feels like the engine moving forwards/backwards, I presume this is the common rear engine mount failure that people mention as a weakness? How expensive are OEM engine mounts to find and also is a...
  18. M

Clunking coming from rear engine mount?

Hello, I have a clunking coming from the engine during acceleration and lift off from what feels like the engine moving forwards/backwards, I presume this is the common rear engine mount failure that people mention as a weakness? How expensive are OEM engine mounts to find and also is a...
  19. M

5Zigen Exhaust

Hello, I have a 5Zigen exhaust on my recently acquired DC5 and was wondering what they are worth? I am looking to replace it with an OEM exhaust to quieten the car down!
  20. M

Soon to be owner

Hello all, I am hopefully going to be a fellow DC5 owner within the next month and thought i'd drop by and say hi! The plan is to keep one as original as possible with just an intake fitted, possibly a Gruppe M as I just can't live without that intoxicating N/A sound track!! I have always kept...