Search results

1. F

Speed factory detent spring install

This took me about 35minutes to do, but i dont have airbox or battery in the front so i didnt need to remove these. But i did have issues with the detent balls so i'd imagine it would take about the same time. Tools required 17mm deep socket 17mm ratchet spanner 12mm socket Copper grease If...
  2. F

DC5 Weight saving

I've Seen this on a few other forums to help people out while trying to remove weight, and to see whats worth removing. INTERIOR Front seats 18.4kg each (with hks lowered rail fitted) Corbeau pro series kevlar seat, with M2 seat rail 9.5kg Standard steering wheel with air bag 2.9kg Personal...
  3. F

Rear seat cover

I've just got myself a dog so im going to need a decent waterproof seat cover for the rear seats. I've had a search but cant find anything specific for the dc5, does anyone have a universal one theymd recommend? Thanks in advance. Huw.
  4. F

Brembo bleed nipples

Honda want £18 each for the front nipples, anywhere cheaper? Looked on ebay but not sure what ones i need, whats the thread? Etc? Most seem to be m10x1.0 but when i just took mine out it didnt look m10 lol, could be wrong.
  5. F

New PBS pads

Considering buying some of these next, has anyone used them? Any reviews on road and track? https://www.rivalmotorsport.co.uk/pbs-prorace-brake-pads-front-honda-civic-type-r-ep3-2001-2006 ( i know they are listed for ep3, but they sell dc5 ones too just not listed on website)
  6. F

Steering wheel size

I'm looking to get a new steering wheel for my car, but unsure what size to get. 330 or 350mm. Has Anyone got any photos of both fitted? Thanks Huw
  7. F

Check your Shaft

As some of you may know, my driveshaft snapped yesterday, and this is the second time this has happened to me in the exact same way. (First time on my ek4, last year) Water gets held under the rubber dampener in the centre of the shaft, and then obviously over time it gets rusty and weak. As...
  8. F

Diff clunk

Last few weeks i've noticed a slight 'click' sounded like driveshaft, but not a constant 'clickclickclickclick' like normal knackard driveshafts i've had in the past. But clicks when first accelerate and then when you let off throttle, over some little bumps but not big ones, and some turns...
  9. F

Fancy Rear LCA bolts

I've had a search but can't find anything, but does anyone make fancy stainless LCA bolts? I know few companies make them for the older civics/tegs, but can't find anything for dc5/ep3. Mainly looking for the outer 3, but i guess if i change those i'd have to do the inner ones aswell. Thanks...
  10. F

Parcel shelf fittings

What holds the parcel shelf side hangers in to the boot lid? Mine has decided it wants to keep rattling loose and falling out lol. I went to honda but they dont show anything on their diagrams so i'm guessing the clip/screw/fitting comes with the hangers? Thanks in advance.
  11. F

Mapping... Concern?

Everyone wants to remap their cars because everyone else says its the single best mod you can do with the k20 etc, and they always make impressive figures, which is great. And I wanted mine done, but i had mine dyno'd the other day with mani/decat and air filter and the afr's were good and made...
  12. F

Track rod ends

Done a quick search but I couldn't see anything. What track rod ends do people recommend? Tegiwa sell oem for £50 each I see hard race are about £55 a pair, are these any good? Anybody run them? And i see a seller on ebay selling ICP? Ones? Again, any reviews? Or is there any...
  13. F

Brake pedal feel

Hey guys, I did a track day yesterday and when I came off track after a session, after about 1/2 hour before going back out my brake pedal went straight to the floor and had to be pumped til there was some sort of feel there, out on track the brakes felt okay but seemed like more travel than...
  14. F

Apex'i hayabusa

I'm going to fit my exhaust this weekend if i get a chance, i'm just wondering if anyone has any good videos of one fitted to a dc5? Found a few posts regarding the exhaust, but no decent videos of one with a decat/mani. I'm a bit worried it might be too loud. From what i can gather, there...
  15. F

Inside fuel filter

I Just changed the fuel filter on the girlfriends ep3, to get practice in before doing mine lol. And once I had the old one off i smashed it open to see how bad it was inside, safe to say it has probably never been changed. I'll drive it later to see if it feels any better, and can't wait to do...
  16. F

Code 20/48

Hey chaps, I switched the car on earlier and the eml came on, i thought it was going to be my knock sensor, (due to breaking it during a clutch change) but before ordering a sensor I checked the codes and it came back 20 (ELD) and 48(afr sensor) Any reason why these would come on together? Or...
  17. F

Tegiwa manifold fitting

Anyone had any issues fitting the tegiwa manifold? Fitted mine yesterday all seems ok except the hanger for the rubber, its really close to the subframe. I cant use the rubber, but left it there just to stop it rattling. Anyone else had this? (Sorry if in wrong section)
  18. F

How much heat wrap?

I'm going to fit my Tegiwa mani on saturday, how many meters of heat wrap will I need to cover it? Thanks Huw
  19. F

Ktuned shifter fitted photos, please.

I'm contemplating buying a ktuned billet shifter after christmas, but i can't decide on which one. The normal one has more (better?) adjustments than the race spec, but looks a tad bit girly compared to the race spec. But the race spec costs a bit more, but price doesn't bother me, unless i'm...
  20. F

Your Best/favourite mod?

Had a quick search but couldn't find a thread like this, but What would you say was your favourite mod/improvements that you have done to the dc5, or previous cars that made the biggest difference? For me on my old ek civic (built h22a7) i'd say my best mods were 3 point front brace, wing...