Recent content by drivebymonkey

1. D

PREVIOUS OWNER OF Y211 SCN?

im the previous owner... questions?
  2. D

Rear Bumper and Lights

well i have nearside rear light cluster and if you contact integrastella on here he might have a bumper. PM me if ive got the right cluster for you. HTH
  3. D

Astra VXR

I'm pretty sure most of us on here have the same car!! :lol: :lol:
  4. D

New Pads & Discs Front

the ferodo pads give off ALOT less dust than the standard pads which is happy days for trying to keep the front wheels clean!! :D
  5. D

My insurance nightmare - 21, 3 yrs NCB.., any advice welcome

i dont want to sound funny but you must have realised that at 21 buying a 220bhp, imported, insurance group 20 car was not going to be cheap to insure. all the companies that give the cheaper quotes have refused to insure you. did you do any research into insurance costs before you bought the...
  6. D

then dont come on here moaning about high premiums, you only live once so go for it...
  7. D

as above mate. pretty much everyone on here is insured with one of the companies you have already mentioned, and that is because thats where the cheaper premiums are to be found. 3 grand is a stupid amount to pay in insurance IMO, no matter what the car!! I hope you do get a cheaper quote, but...
  8. D

Oil Question

if by valve you mean sump plug, would that not be found in the sump? not sure if that sounds sarcastic, but it wasnt meant to. :D
  9. D

How many miles after the low petrol light?

i normally get about 160 miles out the first half, then 110 out the second... :?
  10. D

FN2 to DC5

Dont think you will find anyone on here who will say "Oh yea, the FN2 is a much better car, stick with it!". Just compare the spec list and it will become blindingly obvious what your choice should be.
  11. D

young driver insurance

when i was 22 (last year) with 3 years NCB i paid 1368 quid from noel dazeley. might be worth a go. of course it all depends on postcode, where the car is parked and all the rest of it, not just age and no claims my renewal then dropped by nearly 500 quid with the same company this year. good...
  12. D

double din cover up?

two of my mates used to have the old mark 1 clio, they had a pull down cover to go over the head unit. they both used to take the face off then flick the cover over to hide the HU. they both had thier cars broken into because the thief couldnt see there was nothing there to steal, and was just...
  13. D

Roof racks? Any surfers out there?

this is what i thought as the towing weight is normally found on the chasis plate, and having looked i couldnt see it (unless the jap lettering as anyting to do with it). but then if Croccy has one its worth finding out...
  14. D

Roof racks? Any surfers out there?

How does the teg fair towing the boat mate? i also have a 14ft speedboat. How much was it and were did you get it? any pics? at the moment i borrow my dads car as i didnt think i could get a tow bar for mine.