Search results

1. K

Evo Mag @ Bedford in June

Anyone going?
  2. K

Competition Cars Direct

Competition Cars Direct http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/contact.htm Tel: 0844 892 1966 Also insure the Tegs, unfortunately arent able to offer track cover. For me, theyve quoted roughly about the same as Sky
  3. K

RAF Wittering

Do any of the military types know what the tarmac is like at RAF Wittering (nr Peterborough), ie silky smooth or rough?
  4. K

Evo Mag Tyre Test 2012

Results from EVO mag's 2012 (so 2011 tyres) tyre test. Cars used where a 4wd S3 and a FWD Golf (for the aqua planning part) and in 18" guise; Wet Handling: 1. Continental 2. Bridgestone 3. Good Year 4. Hankook Aqua planning 1. Dunlop 2. Michelin 3. Bridge 4. Conti Wet Braking - 50mph 1...
  5. K

Easytrack Bedford GT 17/3/12

Any other bitches going? http://www.easytrack.co.uk/car-track-days Let me know if you want a discount code to take it to £143 for the day
  6. K

Just like to say how...

A service makes a major difference to how the car performs; had a major service yesterday (inc plugs, valve clearance [req. @ 81k miles but i did mine at 77k], gearbox oil) and a 'new' front spring And it pulls much stronger, gear changes alot smoother etc and handles alot better :lol:
  7. K

RIP Grov's Teg

I'd just like to express my condolences to Grov after he played pinball with a couple of grass banks and resulted the loss of his Teg. Dont worry peeps, nobody was reportedly injured. Hopefully the damage wasnt too extensive fella and that youll be back on the road soon enough. If not, RIP...
  8. K

DC5 basic buyers guide

Ok, with a lot of people asking the same sort of thing regarding purchasing a DC5 and what to look for, I thought I‘d put my 5+ years of ownership and trolling this board to good use. Regarding this buyers guide, ill split it into the grouping as found in the ‘my car‘ section of the garage...
  9. K

How many

Good give some idea on how many where imported, though someone else on another forum has said that the figures are wrong for another type of car... How many And when did 200bhp start trading :xlol:
  10. K

Megs Gold Class

Below are some pics of megs gold class v2, which was/is meant to make dark cars darker but seemed the have made the car brighter when compared to the finishing of NXT 2.0 (though this time i also used AG polish instead of Mers). Another item to add is that while it is shiny, its not as shiny at...
  11. K

Megs Scratch 2.0 X

Well after around 10k of miles and a year since it was last properly cleaned ive decided to do it this weekend (split over 2 days due to sun). So far panels have been clayed (suprisingly some where quite clean) and then decided to give this scratch 2.0 X a go due to picking up the odd scuff here...
  12. K

Cam cover change

Hello all, Just quickly, been reading the manual concerning the changing of cam covers and the need for a torque wrench, is this relly required or will the max 'gun' strength surfice? Also, it needs to be torqued up to 39n/m, is this alot or...? And yes im too cheap to go and buy one :xcheers:
  13. K

Clips - place to buy them

Just found this on Ebay, while you can get them from Honda direct, Honda's prices are quite dear, however; Ebay link to cheap clips
  14. K

Static shocks

Hello all, Now that im starting to sort out all the lil niggles on the car, just wondering if anyone knows what can be causing static shocks i receive after driving it for x amount of time. Also, what can be done to stop/prevent it from happening anymore. Thanks
  15. K

Interior Light not working, nothing blown

Hello all, My interior lights stopped working, now ive checked the fuse (not blown) and the bulb (also no blown) so im stumped as to what it could be though i have a feeling it could be a loose connection (if water had touched the wire itd have blown the fuse). Now those that have stripped one...
  16. K

Snow foaming

Hello, Been using a snow foam recently but always have the pressure setting down on the minimum, just wondering what pressure people use it on and not so that it strips of the layers of wax/polish etc underneath. I wouldnt mind doing that when im going to clay/polish/wax but not for the...
  17. K

Door Skin Removal p20-04

Hello, I dont suppose anyone has a copy of p20-04 from the manual they could scan in and send me or know of a link to the manual online so i can reprint it do they? Ive taken mine out in the past to do something with (strip down the doors) and ive not put it back in. :? Thanks
  18. K

Good wet weather tyre

Can anyone recommend a good wet/winter weather tyre that offers great grip in all sorts of weather? As for a few years, ive run around on semi-slicks/yokos in all weathers ive 'lost touch' with the road tyre world
  19. K

LSD Failure?

Ive been on the Porker GT3 forum and noticed that a common issue they have is that the lsd starts to fail at around 30k miles though many wont notice it. Im wondering if the DC5 lsd is also prown to failure and would we know? On the Gt3 there is a youtube vid showing how to check (not watched...
  20. K

Insurance time

Right can anyone recommend me a good insurance company... Anyway heres something for fun, ive been given my quote for this forth coming year (gone up by 75 quid :shock: ), so how much do people think im going to get knocked off this current quote ;