Search results

1. linzi94

Adrian Flux

Adrian Flux sent me my renewal quote today and i nearly passed out. I think its the highest quote ive ever had for a renewal in my entire driving career. Im 31, car is garaged, gruppe m and spoon springs, over 10 yrs no claims, cat1 alarm and does 10k miles a yr. Its a 51 plate. £786 i dont...
  2. linzi94

Adrian Flux

Adrian Flux sent me my renewal quote today and i nearly passed out. I think its the highest quote ive ever had for a renewal in my entire driving career. Im 31, car is garaged, gruppe m and spoon springs, over 10 yrs no claims, cat1 alarm and does 10k miles a yr. Its a 51 plate. £786 i dont...
  3. linzi94

A-Plan & Sky discrimination

last year i had to let my insurance company (A-Plan) know that my occupation had changed to "unemployed". the chap said they may not be able to continue my insurance (all paid for in one go at the start of the year) he phoned me back and said that was fine, although they "didnt like insuring...
  4. linzi94

Brembo Caliper Seal Kit?

whilest changing the front pads on my car we noticed one of the inner caliper seals was totally gubbed. im wondering if anyone knows where to get one of these kits for much cheapness. Honda's price is £95 + vat. is this going to be a "challenge google" epic?
  5. linzi94

Gruppe M vibrated right off!

on my final morning of a mad weekend at JAE i was checking lights and levels and realised the air box had become entirely detached from the intake pipe. the 4 bolts that hold the intake plate on were rattling round in the bottom. i had already added 4 nuts to help keep these in place as nothing...
  6. linzi94

Gruppe M & mapping

seeing as my heads in a pickle over this and doing a search didnt help matters.... can some one - anyone - with a gruppe m and a full exhaust system please tell me: A) what management you have B) what gains over standard did you get - with or without management C) any graphs to proove it. a...
  7. linzi94

Bumped by JapanDNA Manchester

some of you may remember my post about fake takata harnesses - purchased from JapanDNA in Manchester. it now transpires they no longer exist as a company, ceased trading, dissolved, whatever. so, i would be very cautios of any other small business starting up in that area with a guy called Tony...
  8. linzi94

Tesco....

i phoned them because theyre listed in the sticky here. i stopped listening to the polite lady whe she said "one thousand, four hundred and......" im nearly 29, 10 years licence, no points, 10 years no claims, what the?!
  9. linzi94

5th gear - on its road out!

gradually my 5th gear doesnt want to play anymore, it randomly grinds into 5th and just as randomly pops out of 5th gear when driving. as i work in honda, the techs have advised me to change it as there is a risk it could "break up" and damage more parts inside the gear box. new synchro around...
  10. linzi94

very scarey

on saturday i shaved ten years of my life with one of the scariest things thats ever happened to me in my teg, the last time this manoeuvre happened i crashed my EG into £900 worth of damage. when i finished work at 12.30 i drove out the car park, turning right at the lights on the dual...
  11. linzi94

Japandna

as im having a bad experience at the moment, does anyone have a contact number for these guys other than the 2 listed here: 01618764310 07824325568 as the first one doesnt exist and the second one is just some guy who says he is not Tony and does not work for Japandna any help appreciated
  12. linzi94

300bhp?

pinched from a topic on HTUK http://www.icetronix.com/index.aspx?pag ... tronix2007 see what you think.
  13. linzi94

Harnesses

before everyone says use the search button, i did, and for some reason didnt find what i was looking for. id like to know if it is possible to fit both front seat harnesses and keep the back seats in place. would this be done with a 4 point harness? if anyone has helpful pictures of exact...
  14. linzi94

just been RR'd

not long back from HTUK's RR day at Dastek, well chuft, got 240 and 210 at the wheels :o will post a few pics up of frank and moi.....
  15. linzi94

spoon 4-2,2-1 fitted but...

...im sure i cant hear the slightest hint of vtec anymore :? im not even so sure that it feels like its going into vtec, the car is moving probably as quickly as it did before but without the obvious vtec. is this coinsidence, is it normal, is it vtec failure? im changing my oil at the...
  16. linzi94

brake lights

after being in the quarter queue behind Frank's dc5 and him behind mine, we realised that our brake lamps were different... only my outer most lamps and the centre one came on when i braked and all 4 of his plus the centre lamp came on when he braked. my rear fog lamp is incorporated in the...
  17. linzi94

no 1st gear?

trying to help this guy out (from another forum): Hi ppl, Posting for an uncle of mine. I have a DC5 and it won't get into first gear. Transmission has just been replaced with Honda MTF as is the 1st & 2nd gear syncro + clutch kit, all original parts from honda. 1st won't engage, 2nd is ok...
  18. linzi94

project DC5??

this is from another forum, im not sure how i missed it first time round, but you need to read carefully around 9 or 10 posts down, then keep reading! http://hondatech.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0 any takers in Ipswich?
  19. linzi94

air con, gear change, dam AEM!

well, not even a year after having my AEM CAI fitted, im going to take it off and throw it in the bin. as i have mentioned before on this site, i not only have problems - altho not often - with getting in and out of 5th gear due to the intake pipe, but now thanks to AEM i have to buy a new air...
  20. linzi94

June's Banzai

there's a few pages covering Banzai's day at Crail, representing for the DC5s i managed to get into the top 10 fastest FWD cars (no.6) and i think there is another one inside the top 6 also, if he's on here he will no doubt confirm it. 'mon the dc5s!