Search results

1. phil r

Looking for d 5 show car to join club

Hi all my name is phil I use to own a dc5 a few years back still love the look of them anyway I'm after a show car and a nice and friendly owner to join our new exciting group near exeter in devon we will be attending local car shows as a show case group we all ready have a selection of show...
  2. phil r

Looking for d 5 show car to join club

Hi all my name is phil I use to own a dc5 a few years back still love the look of them anyway I'm after a show car and a nice and friendly owner to join our new exciting group near exeter in devon we will be attending local car shows as a show case group we all ready have a selection of show...
  3. phil r

ckicking noise when pulling of

Car going on ramps next week but basically when pulling of 1st to 2nd mainly when just in second the car clicks 0nce or twice then going up the gears its fine , its deffiantly coming from the front any body experinced this, doesn't do it turning wheel sounds like a stone just hitting the exhaust...
  4. phil r

mods & effect on emissions

Sorting out brakes after christmas & then starting on engine mods was wandering if I will fail on emissions , to start with I will be sorting breathing out , then rbc , next header & finally kpro . will try to do it in stages if possible , do you think Iwill get away with it when it comes to...
  5. phil r

honest opinion on fast road set up

just had a fast road set up done on my teg with spc camber bolts , camber arms using the eibach pro springs after reading a lot of different settings, here is my honest opinion for those new people on this forum & others who are thinking about getting it done . 1st of all I still have a little...
  6. phil r

Tgm fast road settings

Just getting my springs & bolts together can any body confirm camber & toe setting , is it 1 degree negitive camber front & rear & 1mm toe out on front , 1mm toe in on rear cheers phil :)
  7. phil r

my modded dc5 conclusion

1st just like to say thanks to jon again (jonster) for taking me out in his modded teg , couldn't believe it when he also let me drive it & I can tell you all what a sorted teg it is as well , to me it was the real deal & can now see why his teg is a fair weapon on track. It answered a lot of my...
  8. phil r

cheap ebc disks !!!

just to let everyone know they have a ebc group buy on the dc2 forum my mate told me last night so Ihad a gander they are buying from www.lunarracing.com front disks for ours are just over £120 for grooved & dimpled , dont know how good they are though :-k :?:
  9. phil r

cold air pipe off !!

Cant prove it but think since I went in for my service the car may have had this off & not put back on , do these have a tendancy to come of & do you think it would have made a noticeable differance to power since it has been sucking in hot air or not , going to do air box mod any way but did...
  10. phil r

best price for K&N drop in filter ??

Going to do air box mod & fit a K&N filter if I can get one , just lifted the bonet to have a look over air box & noticed cold air pipe is off tried refitting it but its a right bitch to put back on will have to take of air box now by the looks of things , #-o
  11. phil r

lightest dc5 thread

going to get mine weighed soon, wanted to know who else has done this & what weight saving things have people done at the moment I've taken spare wheel out , jack etc , rota boosts wheels , light wheel nuts as a starting point . as per most powerful Na car thread this could be interesting & see...
  12. phil r

top guys (mobile radio exeter)

Just to point out that mobile radio in exeter are the top guys around my way , they did a great job on my install today had new tweaters fitted, alpine front & rear door speakers & a new alpine headunit (cda 9852RR)& also put ipod connector in glove box , These guys have one awards for there...
  13. phil r

aem (ecu)

Just wandered if any one is running a aem standalone or any knowledge on these, was told better gains than the kpro by the aem mapper, tuner up at the autosport show :?: He was called dan turner (advanced motorsport & engineering) cheers phil :?:
  14. phil r

Hendy honda (exeter)

just had a major service all fluids etc , also had new front pads & brakes looked over in the service, few other bits as well which included srs light was on a heat shield done but still slight noise which they just told me to bring it back on a sat morning to have another look at obviosly with...
  15. phil r

cars of 2007 fd2 & fn2

I see jap performance mag has voted the fd2 & fn2 as best cars of the year even beating the new rb320 scubby , think most of it was based on the fd2 though saying one of the best drivers cars they have driven. could this car be the savour of the type r , especially after sundays top gear ...
  16. phil r

price of a k20 engine

does any one know the price, seems to be more & more people doing k20 transplants in other hondas, I know most buy second hand , but is that easy now to get hold of them ,& if so do any of you know the best people to acquire a second hand engine from . have always wondered the price of a new one...
  17. phil r

brake caliper laquer ?

I know this has been done before but I have sent some pm's , but no joy can anyone advice me where & what to buy & is it a special high temp laquer ? :?: cheers phil
  18. phil r

choice's of headlights

as above ,can you fit any angel eyes or any other different headlights to our cars like any on fleabay, or open to any sugestions , just thinking of things to do to my dc to be alittle different . :) cheers phil
  19. phil r

help srs light on ?

just had srs light come on, what is it & is there a thread which translates the jap hand into english :?: cheers phil
  20. phil r

any air field days ?

just wandered if there is going to be any air field days in the not to distint future & not miles away like elvington , would like to start gaining some experience. ps sorry for posting in wrong section cheers phil :)