Search results

1. M

Another Happy Greenlight Customer

I'm midway through my second year insuring my DC5 through Greenlight and couldn't be happier. They were well below any other quotes with their renewal price, and have friendly and knowledgeable personel waiting at the end of the phone. What really impresses me though, is Neil's fantastic...
  2. M

Clutch / Synchro Problems?

Continuing my run of bad luck, I think my clucth / synchros have decided they've had enough :( On track there has often been a slight crunch if trying to change into 4th too quickly. But yesterday on the gentle drive home from work the gearbox was feeling unusually stiff, and it got worse and...
  3. M

Vibration Under Load

My car has had a vibration under load for several months now. It does it in any gear, but seems to be worst in 3rd, just before the vtec crossover point and above. I don't think it's a wheel wobble as it's coming through the chassis and seat rather than the steering wheel. Work I've had done...
  4. M

Heater Fan Speed Stuck

This morning the fan for my heater has got stuck on a low speed. Turning the knob doesn't work anymore. The heat can still be changed as normal though. I've had a search and it seems that it's fairly common for the heater motor resistor pack to need replaced. Would this be causing my...
  5. M

Stutter when accelerating

As above, my car has developed a strange stutter/judder when accelerating. It feels like a fuel cut, and gets progressively worse as the petrol tank level gets lower. The strange thing is it does it intermittently. Initially it only did it when using vtec, but now it's doing it throughout the...
  6. M

Full Beam Height Adjustment

With all the darkness around recently, I noticed that my full beam doesn't light up the road ahead much further than the dipped beam. Is there anyway of adjusting this individually? I've had a look at the RSX Manual, but the relevant page is missing (22-88). However, looking at the back of...
  7. M

P1166 & P1167 after changing exhaust

As the title suggests, I've swapped my mid pipe over to a Spoon piece this afternoon, and with it fitted the above codes are displayed. I've searched them and it seems to be for the primary 02 sensor. Nothing was touched on either of the sensors though. Any ideas? Could removing the studs on the...
  8. M

Reverse light bulb

I had my car serviced this week and it was noted that the current setup for my rear fog is likely to fail the MOT due to not being bright enough. It's been wired into the right reverse light, with a standard bulb painted red. I agree it's not bright enough to be any use. My question is, what...
  9. M

Funny Smell

Bit of an odd one this, if the mods want to move it feel free. I've recently noticed that there is a really disgusting, sewage like smell when driving along with the driver's window open. At first I thought it was just something outside as when stationary or with the window closed there is no...
  10. M

Anyone know any history for Y542 LRN

As title really. I'm looking at purchasing a DC5 in the near future. I had a quick look around this one last week, and it could do with a good clean, and a few minor bodywork issues being sorted. It appears to be completely standard other than the AEM V2 induction kit. Does anyone have any...
  11. M

Hello from Aberdeen

Hello all! As the title suggests I'm from Aberdeen, currently without a DC5, hopefully that will change soon though. After a quick browse around the forum there seems to be a fair few locals, so I look forward to meeting some of you A bit about me? Well, my name is Martin, and I've...