Search results

1. Kenz

Insurance pay out.

Hi, Unfortunately my car has been written off, and will be beyond economical repair. Has anyone had to claim through highway insurance, there a broker as part of LV. All mods were declared, but I‘m not sure what to expect from the assessment/valuation. Cheers Sent from my iPhone using...
  2. Kenz

Jerky throttle.

Hi, looking to see if anyone has had this issue before. In the middle of summer I noticed my car began to surge ever so slightly on long trips, part throttle at 80mph for example, you could feel the car hesitate slightly every now and then. I just put it down to the hot weather we were having...
  3. Kenz

Valve clearances.

I had my valve clearances adjusted about 2 months ago, since then the car has been driving fine but there seems to be more engine noise, it‘s like a ticking/injector noise? I thought it may have calmed down but it hasn‘t changed, the car was definitely quieter before they were adjusted. Has...
  4. Kenz

Skunk2 throttle body.

Hi all, I‘ve recently purchased a rbc along with a skunk2 Tb and relevant gaskets. I wasn‘t planning on changing or upgrading the throttle body as I don‘t think there‘s much gain over oem but the deal was too good to say no. Now I‘ve seen a few people complaining that the skunk2 tb‘s like to...
  5. Kenz

Registration question.

Hi, my Dc5 is a Y reg and I‘ve found a private plate that is DC51. Now I know with cars you buy in the uk you can‘t make the car look newer than it is by putting a newer private plate on. However, my car comes up as the first registration date being 2015 (when it was imported) has anyone managed...
  6. Kenz

Can I get any more camber?

Hi, I‘ve recently fitted a new set of wheels to my car that are staggered fitment, the fronts are 8j Et 38 and tears are 7.5j Et 50. Tears are fine but I have a feeling the fronts are going to catch slightly on the arch liner. I have spoon springs and camber arms and camber bolts at the minute...
  7. Kenz

Camber question.

Hi all, was just wondering if there's any way I can get more front camber on my car. The front camber bolts are pretty much maxed out on -1.5. Currently on spoon springs with a Frsu, is there anyway of doing it without going down the coilover route? Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Kenz

What should I do with my dc5 next?

Hi all, I'm seeking a little bit of advice or looking for some inspiration on what to do with my dc5 next. I've owned it for a month or so now and have some money to chuck at it. The current spec is. Tegiwa air box Tegiwa manifold Skunk2 mega power r cat back K100 mapped at tdi north to 244.8...
  9. Kenz

Headlights from USA

Has anyone ordered headlights from the us for the rsx? I know they wont be genuine honda but they seen well priced. Please dont think that im trying to do this on the cheap, or comment "buy cheap buy twice" or "you get what you pay for". I have an idea that i wish to try and im wondering if...
  10. Kenz

Spoon springs and 225/45 re070's on stock wheels, will it rub?

Is anyone running the above? Im booked in for camber arms and bolts on the 19th of next month, but was wondering if anyone has used this set up before and weather if has rubbed or not? And what degree of camber you ran on the rear? Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Kenz

Has anyone bought a car from the channel islands before?

Hi all, Ive seen a car i like over in the channel islands. The car was imported to torque gt so im guessing vat would already have been paid. Does anyone know if i will have to pay the vat again? Also, whats the deal with insurance tax and mot? Obviously it wont have an mot due to being over...
  12. Kenz

Strange noise on start up.

Hi guys, Ive been experiencing a strange noise on start up recently over the past few months. Its not the k20 starter motor sneeze and its not a chain rattle. Its more of a squeek, almost like a bird chirping. Happens on a cold start, im guessing its some sort of belt but im not sure, has anyone...
  13. Kenz

Rear arches.

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has actually had the rear lip removed from their arches instead of having them rolled like most do? If so, was it an easy enough job? And can anyone recommend somewhere in the north west that could do this? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Kenz

K tuned shifters

Hi all, I've been considering one of these for a while now and tegiwa have just offered them at a great price via a group buy on the forum. I was just wondering how many of you are running the shifter and what you think of them? Are they worth the money? Is the race spec version worth the extra...
  15. Kenz

Recaro seat question.

Hi all, how easy is it to separate the bottom base of the Recaro and the reclining section? Are they just bolted together? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Kenz

Removing the 180kph speed restrictor.

Hi all, My dc5 has been converted to mph and clocks mileage in miles. However, the car is still limited and won't go over 112mph. How or where's the best place to get this taken off? I'm located in the north west if that helps. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Kenz

Rubbing issue.

Hi guys, I've just had a set of 225/45/17 re070s fitted to my dc5, on the way to work this morning, I noticed my rear tyres are catching on the inner lip of my arch. I'm booked in at grinspeed this Friday for geo set up but I only have eibach pro springs and rear camber arms. How much adjustment...
  18. Kenz

Sunstrip

Hi guys, Looking to get a sunstrip soon on my teg, wondering what ones your all using? Pics would be helpful need some ideas. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Kenz

Burn Motorsport delivery issues

Hi, Been holding back from posting this for a few weeks but my patience has now come to an end Just posting this on here for fellow forum users who may be thinking of or may be looking at purchasing products from Burn Motorsport in the future. After having a good search across the internet...
  20. Kenz

A few issues.

2 questions, just seeing if anyone knows the answer. I've got a squeeking noise from the drivers side rear of my car when I'm driving, when the brake pedal is pressed, the noise stops? Also the pad is hardly touching the disc, does this sound like my rear calliper is sticking and needs re...