Search results

1. W

Howards Nissan Weston Super Mare

So having sold the red tegg to the lad from Norniron i bought the Nissan Navara (see Gallery). I bought it from Howards Nissan in Weston Super Mare. Sales rep was OK but I'd been walking round the place for 30 mins and had walked out and back in again before someone bothered to say can I help...
  2. W

Alternator

Might be needing a new one :cry: Anyone with a DVM out there measure your voltage at the fusebox so I can be sure - mines reading 12.1V and it should be 13+ at least. Probably the reason why my battery was dead the other day - but the new one has lasted 3 days now so I think it must be...
  3. W

Back on the road again !

Well spent most of Friday afternoon dodging the rain and re-fitting my alternator. The new brackets from Moss motors in the states arrived in the morning (after 3 weeks!!) so I gave up my usual Friday afternoon ride round cwmcarn to get the tegg back together. Could not finish the job as the...
  4. W

Magnetic Sump Plugs

Any good or just a gimmick??? £29 for the Spoon one or £5-£10 for a generic one off ebay????
  5. W

Muck Off

While I'm waiting for the replacement scissor plate for my broken JRSC belt tensioner I thought I'd give the engine bay a clean - plus it was covered in coolant from when it snapped and boiled over (on the way to brands last Saturday). So looking under the sink for all sorts of cleaner to use I...
  6. W

Throttle Body

Well I think I might have cured my problem. Drove it on Holiday then left it parked up on the campsite for a week. went to drive to the shops and it was idling crazy. Every second it would ramp up to 2.5k then down again. She drove OK home but a bit jerky in town and looked like a prat revving...
  7. W

Aircon Drainage Pipe

Just loading my car up this afternoon for my holidays and noticed that the drivers carpet was soaking - likewise the passengers too. Couldn't think why it would be, then checked the aircon. Pulled up the carpets and could see water running out of the blower at the centre vent right back under...
  8. W

Brake Judder/Fade

Saw this on the Tatsu forum and thought it would be good info for here..... Seems I might not have warped mine after all.. :lol: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml
  9. W

Warped Discs?

Coming back from Putsborough today had to do a bit of heavy braking and the teg steering wheel shook like mad. I could also feel the juder through my foot. So I think the last track day warped the discs :shock: I was a good boy and did the warm down runs up and down the runway and parked on...
  10. W

One benefit of being old(er)

Just paid £474 for my Insurance with Ensign through A-plan for this years premium.... :lol: And thats with the Jackson, intake, springs and aftermarket exhaust on and the declared power. Wup de dooooo. :lol:
  11. W

Made I blush...

These cars get too much attention. Yesterday - stuck in traffic going up the M5 past Gordano roadworks and the guy in the car in front as we were stopped got out and took a picky of the teg with his camera phone :oops: His kids had been waving and pointing all through the traffic .... then...
  12. W

Keevil May 15th

Duncs and I have just booked up for this... £99 through motorsports-events.com So if anyone down this way and wants so come out and play then book up..! Need to see if my superior engine power is a match for Dunc's superior driving skills :lol:
  13. W

Tscos Petrol

Blummin 'ell... Tescos 97 ron 101p per litre..... Now thats just taking the pee surely!!!
  14. W

Gauges

Thought I'd post a pic up now I've got them wired up and fitted properly.... 3 off 52mm gauges in a din slot...
  15. W

Brembo Brake pads..

Just fitted some new Brembo pads to the fronts. After the trackday last week they were a bit shot... Didn't realise how bad the old ones were till I stamped on the new ones on the test drive....!! First time I've got the ABS to kick in :shock: Must have been bad - though probably never...
  16. W

New suspension

As you might know - i've never been a real fan of the Spoon progressives and after looking at the photos of the hullavington day i can see that the teg is still rocking and rolling on them. Plus they were clunking about. So i think I need it looking at either the roll bar bushes have gone or it...
  17. W

Hullavington Today

What a great day - and this time no smashes :lol: What a great trackday car the Teg is.... Always knew it but everytime - i'm just amazed how well they perform. So the westfields and caterhams couldn't lose me on the straights, but they just brake so much later and turn better so on the...
  18. W

Trackday next week

Just booked Hullavington next Thursday - see if I can be a bit more luckier than last time there driving :shock: :lol: Wasn't going to as spent a lot this month but thought damn it - I'd only spend it on the new carpet or gravel for the front drive... :lol:
  19. W

Bluumin Garages

Now would you beleive it.... I take the Teg to my local garage - been servicing (and minor modding) my cars for years - 2 civics, prelude and the Audi - to change the Sump and MOT it. Sump they said they could do and did so thats OK. MOT - they had to swap the stock header and CAT back on and...
  20. W

Sumps

Getting the Spoon Sump I bought from Livvy fitted by my local garage and the chap there was absolutely amazed that the standard Honda sump has no baffles of any kind :shock: So I would suggest that those running standard sumps should double, tripple, quadruple :lol: check that your running...