Search results

1. M

FD2 and DC5 drag race

To contribute to this discussion. Keep in mind that gear ratios for FD2-R are for the first 3 gears 4% shorter and for the last 2 gears 1% longer. That being said and taking into consideration that the new R weighs 1270kgr, I'd expect to be pretty similar in terms of acceleration with the DC5...
  2. M

Crashed my DC5

Bad situation. Hope you all the best and with a new teg soon.
  3. M

Contemplating importing DC5's

xredfinger nice way to start as forum members.
  4. M

standard wheels refurb

Why don't you use the search function? I'm sure you can find quite a lot of photos.
  5. M

Gruppe M Scuttle Panel

I feel your pain Lee, but our time will come soon. And then see u on the track guys!! :wink: :wink:
  6. M

CAI vs Airbox

The Injen CAI is a top value for money choice with very good gains.
  7. M

CAI vs Airbox

As other people mentioned here both systems are VERY good. It all goes down to value for money and i believe that Injen is the best. It costs far less than a gruppe m and the gains are pretty good. Only thing is that it sits low enough so you have to be careful with standing water on the road.
  8. M

DC5 V's S2000

Ok I agree with you about the hairdressing comment!!! I believe that S is a car that demands commitment in order to extract the best out of it and indeed a fabulous car generally. But not comparable with the DC5. P.S Everyone can express their view freely but it's the road or track that shows...
  9. M

DC5 V's S2000

More focused in what??? How can you judge people knowledge and experience without knowing them? :evil: :evil: :evil:
  10. M

DC5 V's S2000

I agree with you that in a S2K is more difficult to take the best out of the car than in a FWD drive but that doesn't change that it is sport car. Additionaly DC5, if I'm not wrong , is officialy imported as a normal coupe only in US (under the brand Acura) and it has nothing to do with the...
  11. M

DC5 V's S2000

Although the two cars have similar performance they can't be easily compared, since they belong in two different categories. DC5 is a more racing car than the S2000. That's why and their name R vs. S. In my opinion both car are fabulous. Moreover if you want to compare two cars you let the same...
  12. M

Trade Advertising, opinions needed - PLEASE READ

It's market and the competition that makes cars cheaper. That's how cars depreciate. Everyone should understand that cars generally lose in value as times passes by and in our case it's the japanese currency that worsen things. NOTHING or NOBODY can change that!!!!!
  13. M

Kpro maps

Hi, There is already another relevant topic: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10325 You should post your question there in order to keep the active topics to a minimum needed
  14. M

A reasonable buyer will always do a market research before concluding from where to buy his DC5, therefore I still believe that there should be two different sections (Trade and Private), so that anyone can advertise his car either as private either as professional. This will make things easier...
  15. M

You are a sincere guy Andy. Well said mate xthumbup . I agree with your proposal about two different sections one for private and one for trade.
  16. M

New Civic Type R specs

We can't be sure for anything, till is officially tested by the various magazines. But for one thing I hope that the Japanese didn't lose their touch in making sport cars. I hope and wish that is faster and better than the car it replaces, but I don't think it will be comparable to the DC5.
  17. M

pads and discs for dc5

Has anyone tried endeless brake kits? They are pretty popular in other countries http://www.endless-brake.info/pdf/2006-07_brochure.pdf
  18. M

Gruppe M - Opening bonnet

maybe a little off topic, but i'll ask. Did anyone face any problems with the gruppe m on rainy days. What should you do to protect your engine under such conditions? Cheers, Giannis
  19. M

how many you guys brought from Andy 200BHPcars.com ?

I haven't yet, but he will be the first one to ask. He is very friendly and helpful.
  20. M

type R vs RX8

It depends what you want. In my opinion though the RX8 doesn't deserve the money that you pay. Futhermore if you want a rear wheel drive why not prefer the better set up that S2000?