Search results

1. C

North Weald activity Day 11th June

I've been asked by the Roadster.net forum to put a link for their North Weald activity day if any of you are interested. It's the 11th June and costs only £47.50 for the day :) . Obviously the majority of cars are going to be Smart Roadsters but the laps are timed and the speed recorded on the...
  2. C

She's finally gone

After 3 years of happy DC5 ownership she finally decided to leave me today :xcry: I'm not quite as gutted as I thought I would have been and I know i'll go back to a Honda some day. Whether or not it's going to be sooner than expected depends on how reliable my Evo is :? . If the Evo goes bad...
  3. C

What steering wheel is in the DC5?

I want to put a steering wheel exactly the same as in the DC5 in my Evo. Does anyone know which model Momo it is? I've had a look online but can't find one exactly the same as it :(
  4. C

F1 Assymetric performance table

I heard on various other website that the F1 Assymetrics were unsuitable for road use in the winter, so I did a Google search and it came up with this..... :o Taken from the Goodyear website: Performance tableComfort ***** Dry Road ***** Winter...
  5. C

Oulton 30th September

I've won myself a free track day at Oulton Park on the 30th September through Focused events :D Does anyone else want to come along. It's £175 for the day and it's also the full circuit with an open pit lane :) Website: http://www.focusedevents.com/car_event_info.asp?ID=47
  6. C

Oulton Park 12th August

A bit short notice I know, but myself and Lockwood are going on a Focused Events track day at Oulton Park on Wednesday 12th August. If anyone else feels like joining us or coming to watch then feel free :) . At the moment there are around 8-9 places left. Link...
  7. C

NGS Bodykit on Ebay

I've just seen this bodykit on Ebay which looks quite nice from what I can make out. I see there's 2 been sold and wondering if anyone from this forum have bought them :) . What are peoples opinions of this kit? Ebay item number 270357361139
  8. C

Stiff Clutch

Over the last couple of weeks my clutch has been getting stiffer. The bite is still in the same place but the pedal requires a lot of work to press it down :? . It's not slipping at all, just heavy.
  9. C

Safe to drive with the airbag light on?

My airbag light's been showing on the dash for the last couple of days now and i'm wondering if the car's safe to drive without it :? I know that the airbag probably won't go off in the event of an accident but i'm more bothered about it going off by itself when i'm driving around normally!
  10. C

Quick review of Dixcel discs and pads...

After driving over 300 road miles and after 1 trackday at Donnington on Monday I have a quick review of the Dixcel slotted and heat treated discs with the R-01 carbon pads....... Well I have to say the disc/pad combination exceeded my expectations :) . I've done over 300 road miles with these...
  11. C

Problems after changing brake fluid

I've changed my brake fluid to the Castrol SRF. Where before I had a hard pedal where the bite was sharp and right at the very top, perhaps too sharp, the pedal is now more spongy since changing the fluid and there's a couple of inches of travel in the pedal before I get any bite. Before I...
  12. C

Problem cancelling my traders insurance policy

I'm selling one of my cars, mainly because my traders policy is due to expire in May and because of all the problems I have had with my insurance company I now want to cancel it. I've phoned my insurance company (Tradewise Insurance) to cancel the insurance as from May because the car's been...
  13. C

Need Advice On These Cannards

I can't make my mind up whether to get these cannards sprayed CW or keep them carbon :? . The problem is the whole cannard including the back would need to be painted white. Please comment with your thoughts :)
  14. C

Best coilovers for road & track

I've decided to replace my D2 coilovers with another brand. The car needs to be used on the road so I don't want anything that's going to be undriveable on the roads even though it's mainly used on track. I also don't want Ohlins and personally don't think they're worth the money after seeing...
  15. C

Fitting different makes of coilovers front/rear

Has anyone fitted, or has fitted, 2 different makes of coilovers on any make or model of car? For example, Teins on the front and Bilstein on the rear etc etc. The reason I ask is that my front D2 coilovers are leaking oil and because D2 are no more I can't get any replacements :( . The rears...
  16. C

Trackday vid at Combe

I went to Combe last week and here's a few laps of me in the Teg :D http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JNAurkukcsY
  17. C

Replacing bottom balljoint & arm

Does anyone know if the tracking/camber will be affected at all when I replace the o/s bottom balljoint and arm? I don't suppose it's the same part as for the Civic is it?
  18. C

Anglesey 26th September

I've booked a track day on the 26th September at Anglesey (coastal Circuit). Is anyone else from here going to this?
  19. C

Replacing brake fluid with DOT 5.1

I've seen some DOT 5.1 fully synthetic racing brake fluid which I want to replace with my existing DOT 5 fluid. I don't know whether this is true or not so that's why i'm asking, if I use this racing fluid then it needs to be replaced once a year because it can turn watery? Also i've heard that...