Search results

1. T

Repair or replace?

Cheers guys. I'm pretty confident it's a genuine, it was already on my teg when I bought it (from stoo, who was a member on here) and has the logo printed on the inside. Where did you order from? Do you have any pics of it fitted? I think I will get a Mugen style one and sell this one to repair.
  2. T

Repair or replace?

A little while ago I had a run in with a curb on a tight bend in a multi-storey car park and did some damage to my Ings +1 front lip. here are some pictures: Now that I've stopped swearing at myself enough to look into getting it repaired, I went for a quote at a body shop around the corner...
  3. T

Bonnet dampers

I have had a set of these on for a few months and they have worked fine so far. Very simple to fit too.
  4. T

blowers are stuck on medium to high speed!! please help

This sounds like the same problem I had twice, except my blowers were stuck switched off. The first time i replaced it with a new unit, but the second time it happened to me I just replaced the thermal cutoff in the transistor unit. Only cost me pennys and was a simple soldering job to replace...
  5. T

HELP - Can't figure out where the last throttle body wire goes?

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you just need to take the mising socket from your oem throttle body. The missing socket is the throttle position sensor, take it of the OEM throttle body and put it on to the new one. Unfortunately you will probably have to...
  6. T

Kingston UT

Yeah could have been you mate. Anyone else local interested in meeting up?
  7. T

Struggling with insurance

Always helpful when someone in the company tells you something different to others! They didn't seem to have a problem with it when I spoke to them! It would be a bit ironic if they wouldn't insure an imported car but have exported their call centre to another country!
  8. T

Struggling with insurance

I'm with admiral too. I would say obviously shop around - not just with different companies but comparison sites too - when I got my insurance I found that the price quoted for the same company on different comparison sites differed massively for some reason. I think I found my best price...
  9. T

Skunk2 Intake manifold

Bought it from another forum member, after reading some good things about it. I found a few threads on here comparing the 2, but as you said it's very difficult to get a like for like dyno comparison with RBC. Its the black series one and I will upload pics as soon as it's fitted. Hoping to get...
  10. T

Skunk2 Intake manifold

If anyone has pictures of it installed, can you post them here? Thanks
  11. T

Skunk2 Intake manifold

Has anyone got a Skunk2 intake manifold installed? I have recently bought one and I am looking to install it myself, but before I do I just want to confirm where all the hoses attach, as some are in slightly different positions to the OEM one. I am pretty sure I know which ones go to each...
  12. T

Funky Power exhaust manifold

I like the idea of having a completely JDM moded car, but don't think I could afford to do it!
  13. T

I've got to say I'm tempted by tegiwa now, if there are notieably better gains to be had. Why haven't toda, gruppe m etc patented their products?
  14. T

Had heard about this before, thats why in my first post I was so surprised that they could be undercut by so much. No question it does take the p*ss but usually their prices can be quite tempting to those on a budget like me! Seems to split opinion though as on their trader threads there seem to...
  15. T

Thanks, this is useful. I would imagine the power gains would be largely similar between tegiwa/dc sports, so if dc sports' is reliable and cheaper then thats the one I am leaning towards. Going to avoid the super cheap fp/japspeed versions after all if no one can vouch for them, not worth...
  16. T

Thanks Mark, I will take a look at the DC sports one too What is your warranty for these parts, to back this up? And what kind of power gains over OEM should I expect from tegiwa's? Theres a great thread on exhuasts in this section, but I couldn't see much mention of manifolds. Anyone...
  17. T

Looking on the Funky power website, their 4-2-1 exhaust manifolds are listed at £215. This seems super cheap to me, as even the equivalent tegiwa 4-2-1 is more than twice the price! What's the opinion on these? Does anyone have one installed? Looking to mod on a fairly limited budget, but is...
  18. T

What makes yours special to you

There goes that dream... What does this mean for the new NSX? No VTEC? :xaiweb6: Or not released in europe?
  19. T

What makes yours special to you

Not wanting to sound too much like a fan boy heres why mine is special: Had my teg for about 7 months now and still can't resist any opportunity to take it out for a drive. I love the way it drives - vtec + handling I think it probably looks better than any other car priced under about £50k...
  20. T

Induction Kits for the DC5

I installed an Injen Cold air induction kit today, so here are my thoughts on it. Cons: It took a long time to install. The whole front bumber needs to be removed and there is a replacement screen wash fluid tank to fit Leaves a big hole in the engine bay Pros It was recommended to me over...