Search results

1. coconat

New GRID game = DC5 love!

Hey folks, So i've been desperate to post this for just under a year now but due to a disclaimer I signed I wasn't allowed until they released the car list and DC5s are finally on! If any of you are going to buy the new Grid release make sure to drive the Integra DC5 on there as the noise it...
  2. coconat

Insurance renewal time :D

I've been (weirdly) looking forward to this time of year, last year when I imported my DC5 Brentacre were the only company to insure me for £1000, a year later i've managed to insure it fully comp with a nice low excess for £550 with Sky :xaiweb5: Had some bother earlier when I called asking...
  3. coconat

Sky Insurance

I recently took out a policy with Sky for a 300zx, to be fair they gave a competative price and the guy I initially talked to and dealt with was really helpful (Sam) Felt quite peeved with them today- after receiving my docs in the post I found they hadn't added my Dad to the policy as a named...
  4. coconat

How to make an OCD DC5 owner squirm

I'm sorry to my fellow OCD Teg owners :( I noticed this the other day and it makes me well up every time. I don't even know how i've managed this as i've never dropped anything on or near this. Even if I can correct it i'll know it's there..some sympathy please? ;____________;
  5. coconat

Service history

Right folks, it seems a lot of people are divided on this and I wanted to know what you do for service history. Obviously you're lucky if you get a service history book, I received mine on importing last year. I then bought a Honda service history book for all yearly service stamps I've...
  6. coconat

TOP MOUNT, FRONT SUSPENSION TOP BEARING

Hey folks, as above I need a drivers side front suspension top bearing Any idea if there is any difference in PRE and FL? I doubted it but wanted to be 100% before I try breakers etc. Thanks
  7. coconat

Brentacre admin fees

Hey folks, I insured my winter hack with Brentacre (with them for my DC5 also), they charged me £500 for the full year which i've paid in full mid November I sold the car last weekend and cancelled the policy, they have refunded me £263, so i've essentially paid just over £100 in admin fees...
  8. coconat

So you're thinking about getting a Mugen oil cap?

Just a word of advice to anyone thinking of buying a Mugen oil cap..make sure you don't skimp when it comes to applying the sticker/badge..mine has only been on about two weeks and today I lifted the bonnet to find.... :( I have to laugh, but on a serious note is it possible to buy...
  9. coconat

20% of Meguiars until 29th December

Just wanted to make people aware :) Family were struggling to buy for me so they told me to choose so tret myself to a load of yummy Meg treats, free delivery too woop woop! :xrockout:
  10. coconat

Winter scrappers

Hey folks, i'm looking to buy a winter car to avoid taking mine out on the bad/wet days as the thought of all that salt and grit is making me cringe, also worried about numpties who don't know how to drive in snow/ice having a bit of bumper car bashy with me, i'll still be running my Teg on dry...
  11. coconat

Facelift front fogs kit

Hi folks, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/05-06-Honda-Integra-DC5-Clear-Front-Fog-lights-Type-R-/380739916880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58a5de1450#ht_2137wt_1158 I'm considering buying the front fog kit for facelift DC5 as above, just wanted to check here first how does it work...
  12. coconat

urgent!! Air-con radiator

Hey guys, Need some urgent help, I need a new air-con radiator for my DC5 Facelift, quoted about £500 from Japan, is there a possibility that UK spec rads will fit such as the Civics? Apologies for the blatantly dumb question but I genuinely do not know and it's quite urgent and need the cost...
  13. coconat

Various noises since exhaust fitted

Hey folks, I had my oem exhaust changed a month or so ago now to Buddyclub and have noticed a few strange noises have developed a month or so after The first being a very loud whining noise in the car when driving, more noticeable and louder at higher gear, sounds almost like it's coming from...
  14. coconat

Heating temperature not hot enough

Hey folks, apologies if any of you have seen this topic before I think a post was made a long time ago but I can't find it and was really hoping for a quick win as i'm getting worried about the cold weather setting in. Since buying the car as a fresh import in April the heating has never really...
  15. coconat

Interior passenger plastic pillar popped out?

Hi guys, so I was driving home today along a fairly smooth road and the passenger interior plastic pillar just popped out, it eventually dropped completely after I limped over a speed bump just about to pull into my estate, scared me to death as it made an awful noise thought something had hit...
  16. coconat

Tegiwa M Intake

Hello folks, really sorry to make another thread on this but i've been offered a Tegiwa intake from another DC5 at £275 delivered and return my scuttle to the seller and existing has already been cut, I'm really not too hot on the prices of these things so just after some advice. Is this a...
  17. coconat

Removing Facelift black rear strip

Hey guys, So i've struggled to find a real answer to this here..other than finding a picture of a white facelift with the strip removed, so I know it can be done! I want to remove mine, I hate it and I think it ruins the back the of the car. I was planning on taking it to a bodyshop but...
  18. coconat

Brentacre

Just got myself a quote from Brentacre after seeing a few posts on here...ended up saving about £450! I was with Admiral from last week who charge a stupid amount for additional mods (£60 extra to fit my mugen lip), but as Sky and Greenlight couldn't quote me until I have one full year...
  19. coconat

Track days and instructors in the North-east

Hello folks, i'm curious if anyone knows of reputable instructors based in the north-east that offer sessions on track? I'm mainly looking to do this in the near future to see what the DC5 can do but i've also come from driving a 1.2 to this..it's been a huge step and I want to feel more...
  20. coconat

Finally here!

Hello folks, my name is Natalie i'm from Blyth (near Newcastle) i've been here quite some time, I have been saving for my teggy for a good year and a half and today I finally got the keys to my own! :) Needless to say i'm thrilled with it, i've gone from a 1.2 Corsa to this and it's just a...